FoodBanter.com

-   -   Some shocking facts and statistics!!! (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/83267-some-shocking-facts-statistics.html)

Nushka 16-02-2006 03:23 PM

Some shocking facts and statistics!!!

SOME SHOCKING FACTS AND STATISTICS!!

The intense over processing of food over the last one hundred years has meant that the average Western diet is now WAY too high in calories and WAY too low in nutrition. This progression has been so rapid that our bodies have been unable to keep up, resulting in the epidemic levels of overweight and obesity that we see in the world today. The human body is well adapted to starvation but poorly adapted to over nutrition and the number of people suffering from obesity is now equal to those suffering from starvation, at 1.2 billion globally – a shocking statistic which is predicted to double in the next 30 years. We are literally eating ourselves to death!

Type 2 diabetes can no longer be referred to as “Adult Onset diabetes” but instead “Insulin Dependant” due to the number of children worldwide now contracting the disease as a result of a poor diet.

By 2030 in Asia Pacific alone we are expected to report 190 million cases of diabetes!

In the next 10 years 40 million people in the Asia Pacific region will die of diet related illnesses and disease. Doctors are literally helpless to cure these people but as Herbalife Distributors we have the opportunity to reverse the world’s nutritional balance and prevent illness and disease through good nutrition and re-education.

Overweight and obesity is associated with:
- 90% of Insulin Dependant/Type 2 diabetes
- 80% of heart disease deaths
- 30-50% of kidney failure
- 50% of high blood pressure and stroke
- Many common forms of cancer (breast, prostate, kidney, ovarian, uterine, pancreatic, gall bladder & colon).

CONSIDER THIS……Herbalife’s Formula 1 is the highest form of nutrition that you will find in a meal – therefore, it is not a MEAL REPLACEMENT but is THE MEAL. This is why Formula 1 is the number 1 selling product of its kind in the world today and why we are getting such phenomenal health and weightloss results when we get people on these amazing products!

7 NATURAL WAYS TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM

1. Eating breakfast is the best way to kick starts your metabolism after a number of hours ‘fasting’ overnight. Not only does breakfast give your mind and body the fuel it needs to function optimally but also cranks up your metabolism so that your body is in fat burning mode ASAP! Herbalife’s Formula 1 is not only the highest form of nutrition you will get in a meal but for those ‘time starved’ people out there, it is literally the EASIEST and FASTEST meal to prepare in the morning. Forget all those sugary, carbohydrate packed cereals but instead opt for a delicious shake, either plain or with fruit of your choice.

2. Eating something every 2-4 hours will do wonders for your metabolism. Every time you eat your metabolism increases. After eating it drops. If you leave it too long between meals your metabolism will just continue to drop to a point where it is too low and you’re not burning any fat or calories. Eating regularly ensures that your metabolism is continuously at an elevated level. Opt for snacks packed with protein such as Herbalife’s protein bars or soy nuts, or snack on fresh, fruit or veges. Avoid snacking on high calorie foods that will not only be detrimental to your weight management but will also trigger the desire to keep on eating!

3. Drink 2 litres of water a day. The kidneys need water to detoxify the body. Without water the kidneys can’t do their job so the liver steps in to help. The livers prime function is to burn fat so if it’s off doing the kidneys work it’s obviously not doing it’s own. Drinking water will not only free up the liver to focus on fat burning but also cleanse the body, flush out the systems, aid digestion and simply allow the body to function more efficiently. Jazz up your water with our Thermojetics Herbal Beverage and/or Herbal Aloe Juice and reap the amazing health and weight loss benefits while you rehydrate!

4. Exercise! No surprise here. Aim for 3-5 sessions per week, 20-50 minutes a session. As a general rule, the higher the intensity of the workout, the longer and greater the metabolisms boost.

5. Build more muscle. Muscles directly affect metabolism because they require more energy, even at times of rest. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.

6. Eat more soy protein. Soy protein has been shown to positively affect the body’s output of powerful fat burning thyroid hormones. Supplement the protein in your diet with our Thermojetics Protein Powder, which you can add to your shakes and your cooking, and snack on our delicious protein snacks!

7. Supplement with friendly fats such Herbalife’s Formula 4, Herbalifeline, or cook with olive oil, and eat lots of fish. Friendly fats are a fantastic metabolism booster!

Wishing you the best of health and wealth
T.Draganova

Take a free wellness survey @ www.weight-4u.com
Shop online @ www.weight-4u.com/shoponline
Do you want an extra income? @ www.order-wealth.com

Note: Shop online orders will quote the price without the discount/For exsisting costumers/,
However, this will be applied at the time of processing payment.