Old 18-02-2006, 11:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Request recipe for BBQ sauce

MaryL wrote:
"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

I just got a Rival Crock Pot BBQ grill -- *much* more
like a BBQ pit than a crock pot. I've tried it twice
and made *very* tender roast and ribs.

Can anyone recommend an *easy* sauce for ribs? My
three criteria a (1) easy to prepare; (2) very low
in sugar and carbs because I have diabetes, as do
others on this group; and (3) very little use of hot
spices or pepper because I have an intolerance, and my
body can't handle much of that -- but I could also
easily reduce or eliminate that part of an otherwise-
good recipe.

Thanks,
MaryL

I have found a store bought brand that is low in carbs
and sugar. 2 tbsp serving is 15 calories. 5g carbs and
4g sugars. 210 sodium. The brand is Stubbs Original,
distributed by: Stubb's Legendary Kitchen, Inc. PO Box
40220, Austin, tX 78704. phone 512-480-0203. Website is
www.ilovestubbs.com

Despite it being from Texas it is not spicy-hot at all.

DH is a T2 and we'd been using the Low Carb stuff from
Lowery's but we can't get it locally any more and it
wasn't that tastey. DH liked the Stubbs.

--
-----------
Janet Wilder

Thanks. I live in Texas, but I'm not familiar with that
product. I'll try to locate some.

MaryL

Kroger's carries it.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Old 19-02-2006, 03:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

news:[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

[...]

I can second that recommendation for Stubbs BBQ Sauce. I have been using it
for a couple of years. I lost the taste for sweet tasting sauces, and found
Stubbs. I still only like to give ribs a light coating and let others dip
or use a sauce to their taste as they eat. You can buy their products from
their website, but if you don't like a lot of spice, stay away from the
spicy sauce, and stick with the original. The marinades are very tasty too.

Old 19-02-2006, 06:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

MaryL wrote:

I have found a store bought brand that is low in carbs and sugar. 2 tbsp
serving is 15 calories. 5g carbs and 4g sugars. 210 sodium. The brand is
Stubbs Original, distributed by: Stubb's Legendary Kitchen, Inc. PO Box
40220, Austin, tX 78704. phone 512-480-0203. Website is
www.ilovestubbs.com

Despite it being from Texas it is not spicy-hot at all.

DH is a T2 and we'd been using the Low Carb stuff from Lowery's but we
can't get it locally any more and it wasn't that tastey. DH liked the
Stubbs.

--
-----------
Janet Wilder
The Road Princess
http://janetwilder.blogspot.com

Thanks. I live in Texas, but I'm not familiar with that product. I'll try
to locate some.

MaryL

I got ours at HEB. It's a Texas chain, but mostly San Antonio and south.

-----------
Old 21-02-2006, 02:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

MaryL wrote:

[...]

Great! We have *two* Kroger's in town.

Thanks, again.
MaryL

Old 21-02-2006, 02:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

MaryL wrote:

[...]

I'm in luck, then. We have two Kroger's in town (referenced by Pete Romfh)
and also an HEB!

Thanks.
MaryL