Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:10:11 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>Where are you getting these 3 year old threads from? Hope you are feeling
>well today Quentin. It is turning out be a nice afternoon here on the Gold
>Coast.

Hi Ozgirl,

Three years old? I'm sure it is a technical fault.

I'm doing pretty well. My cousin is coming for lunch and my daughter
will take me for my lymphodemia massage. It is hard to ask for more.
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Quentin Grady" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:10:11 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>>Where are you getting these 3 year old threads from? Hope you are
>>feeling
>>well today Quentin. It is turning out be a nice afternoon here on the Gold
>>Coast.

> Hi Ozgirl,
>
> Three years old? I'm sure it is a technical fault.
>
> I'm doing pretty well. My cousin is coming for lunch and my daughter
> will take me for my lymphodemia massage. It is hard to ask for more.

I think 3 months, but I remember Donna saying that you were maybe just
catching up on some, doesn't matter...your information is always welcome.
Sounds like a good day today, I'm glad. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Quentin Grady" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:10:11 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Where are you getting these 3 year old threads from? Hope you are
>>>feeling
>>>well today Quentin. It is turning out be a nice afternoon here on the
>>>Gold
>>>Coast.

>> Hi Ozgirl,
>>
>> Three years old? I'm sure it is a technical fault.
>>
>> I'm doing pretty well. My cousin is coming for lunch and my daughter
>> will take me for my lymphodemia massage. It is hard to ask for more.

> I think 3 months, but I remember Donna saying that you were maybe just
> catching up on some, doesn't matter...your information is always welcome.
> Sounds like a good day today, I'm glad. :-)

I remember that thread. Not three years old, but I think it is older than
three months. Then again, my memory is shot!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Quentin Grady" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:10:11 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> Hi Ozgirl,
>>>
>>> Three years old? I'm sure it is a technical fault.
>>>
>>> I'm doing pretty well. My cousin is coming for lunch and my daughter
>>> will take me for my lymphodemia massage. It is hard to ask for more.

>> I think 3 months, but I remember Donna saying that you were maybe just
>> catching up on some, doesn't matter...your information is always welcome.
>> Sounds like a good day today, I'm glad. :-)

> I remember that thread. Not three years old, but I think it is older than
> three months. Then again, my memory is shot!

I was just looking at the header, it says Fri, 3 April 2009. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
wrote:

>Quentin Grady > wrote:
>
>: Hi Jan,
>
>: I don't get much chance to cook now. Standing for more than a few
>: minutes without sticks is painful. So cooking is a shared experience.
>: I have a caregiver twice a day to help me.
>: --
>: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
>
>I have a folding 3 step ladder in the kitchen that I often use to sit on
>while cooking. Some jobs I can do right fro the ladder and some I have to
>stand for, but can get down onto the ladder top step ASAP when the
>particular task is done. Works for cutting vegetble, stirring things in
>pots that are not too tall, etc.
>
>Wendy

Thanks Wendy,

There are two features that work against that. One our kitchen is too
small. Secondly the ladder doesn't converse. I have an excellent
caregiver who both cooks and listens and I listen to her. It is like
daily counseling that keeps us both sane.
]
Thanks all the same for an excellent suggestion.
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [
"... and the blind dog was leading."

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Quentin Grady > wrote:
: On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
: wrote:

: >Quentin Grady > wrote:
: >
: >: Hi Jan,
: >
: >: I don't get much chance to cook now. Standing for more than a few
: >: minutes without sticks is painful. So cooking is a shared experience.
: >: I have a caregiver twice a day to help me.
: >: --
: >: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
: >
: >I have a folding 3 step ladder in the kitchen that I often use to sit on
: >while cooking. Some jobs I can do right fro the ladder and some I have to
: >stand for, but can get down onto the ladder top step ASAP when the
: >particular task is done. Works for cutting vegetble, stirring things in
: >pots that are not too tall, etc.
: >
: >Wendy

: Thanks Wendy,

: There are two features that work against that. One our kitchen is too
: small. Secondly the ladder doesn't converse. I have an excellent
: caregiver who both cooks and listens and I listen to her. It is like
: daily counseling that keeps us both sane.
: ]
: Thanks all the same for an excellent suggestion.
: --
: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /

Is the kitchen too small for both a folding ladder(opened) and a
caregiver? One is for sitting and the other is for helping, conversing
and fetching things for you. Try it! For me, I get all the ingredients
out onto the counter(like a chef's mis in place) adn then perchon the
adder and cut, mix, etc to my heart's content(and my back's ease). It
greatly reduces the staning time for me.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Quentin Grady > wrote:
> : On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:30 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
> : wrote:
>
> : >Quentin Grady > wrote:
> : >
> : >: Hi Jan,
> : >
> : >: I don't get much chance to cook now. Standing for more than a few
> : >: minutes without sticks is painful. So cooking is a shared experience.
> : >: I have a caregiver twice a day to help me.
> : >: --
> : >: Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
> : >
> : >I have a folding 3 step ladder in the kitchen that I often use to sit
> on
> : >while cooking. Some jobs I can do right fro the ladder and some I have
> : >stand for, but can get down onto the ladder top step ASAP when the
> : >particular task is done. Works for cutting vegetble, stirring things
> in
> : >pots that are not too tall, etc.
> : >
> : >Wendy
>
> : Thanks Wendy,
>
> : There are two features that work against that. One our kitchen is too
> : small. Secondly the ladder doesn't converse. I have an excellent
> : caregiver who both cooks and listens and I listen to her. It is like
> : daily counseling that keeps us both sane.
> : ]
> : Thanks all the same for an excellent suggestion.
> : --
> : Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
>
> Is the kitchen too small for both a folding ladder(opened) and a
> caregiver? One is for sitting and the other is for helping, conversing
> and fetching things for you. Try it! For me, I get all the ingredients
> out onto the counter(like a chef's mis in place) adn then perchon the
> adder and cut, mix, etc to my heart's content(and my back's ease). It
> greatly reduces the staning time for me.

When I was at my worst, I bought a sturdy bar stool. No back but it
swivels. I could sit there for an hour or two at a time, although I did
need to take some breaks because I really can't sit for that long, and cut
up veggies and things. If need be, I could put it in front of the stove.

Angela took a ball point pen or scissors or something to it (I forget now)
when we lived in NY and punched a bunch of holes in the black seat. I then
ordered a red cover for it from a restaurant supply house. Looks just like
new! Angela has it now. She sits on it and spins.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:37:17 -0400, "Evelyn" >
wrote:

>I absolutely cannot stand for long anymore. I went to a yard sale given by
>a lady friend and she had a laboratory stool, just like an office chair but
>a tad higher and with wheels. That is my cooking chair. When I have to
>stand at the stove anymore, I sit on that chair. It is attractive looking,
>clean, and it rolls right out of the way when I need to move quickly for
>this or that. Standing too long on my feet makes me exhausted and my legs
>hurt. That chair has really helped.
>
>--
>--
>Best Regards,
>Evelyn

Hi Evelyn,

It is amazing how resourceful we all are in finding solutions. For
me having a caregiver come and help prepare meals serves the double
function of having someone to talk to, someone to listen to and to be
listened to by. In my situation the regular counseling and contact
with the outside world is as important as being able to stand to
prepare meals.

kind regards
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [
"... and the blind dog was leading."

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:31:10 -0600, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>frozen shoulder left me eating hot dogs and hamburgers as they require
>no utensils to cook or eat them with (ok, a spatula to flip them)
>
>hope you are over this in short order!
>
>kate

Hi Kate,

Our favourite dish is the Moroccan casserole mentioned in Nutrition
for Blokes. It is very tolerant of what ever vegetables are available
at the time. The difficult part for you would be getting the casserole
dish out of the oven. You'd have to get someone else to do that for
you. Sometimes I manage it myself. Sometimes I have to wait for Tricia
to come home. It works for us.

kind regards.
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /