Old 03-02-2006, 10:07 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Cola or diet cola?

Alan S wrote:
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:54:19 GMT, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

Alan S wrote:
On 2 Feb 2006 12:06:58 GMT, Chris Malcolm
wrote:

I'm probably unusual in finding diet coke really

revolting, but I'm
not unusual in finding it tastes different. I know

several people
who prefer the taste, and I've often seen people who've

been bought
a coke in a glass by someone else complain that it

wasn't the kind
they'd asked for.

Diet coke gives me incredible gas - in both

directions:-) I
drink a local diet cola called LA Ice.

They've just started marketing something called Coke

Zero
out here, implying that the taste is the same as the

"real"
thing. Has anyone tried that?

I have. I like it. I noticed a lot of kids walking around
with it, good advertising? Lol.

As long as they weren't walking on top of moving buses..

It would not surprise me My ex once taught motorcycle
basics to kids whose schools thought they needed to do
something 1 day a week apart from sitting in class doing
nothing. His first week set the pace. He left the room and
someone knocked a motorcycle off the table, another kid
jumped off a table hitting a ceiling fan with his head and
had to go to hospital and on a trip to motorcycle shops (who
we dealt with on a business level) one helped himself to a
lot of stuff which my ex only found out about half way home.
Every ten weeks there were a new group who displayed the
same "attitude" The stories my high school kids come home
from school with would be eligible for the Darwin awards!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Donna in Texas wrote:

Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

this Diet
Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

floor
cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
"real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
Currently I drink the lime one.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" wrote in message
k.net...

Here, you can't get club soda unless the place has a bar.

Well here ....if you go to any nice resturant it has a bar...so don't
usually have a problem finding it The nicest thing is if the bar isn't
completely closed off of the resturant there is no smoking...Most of the
nice places just turned themselves into no smoking resturant bars. I love

it
...there is nothing worse than trying to eat when the room is filled with
smoke. I never realized how much I enjoyed it until we traveled through
Texas and the resturants didn't even have smoking sections.

After living in CA and NY, I was used to the "no smoking" thing. And here
in WA, many places had gone "no smoking" before I left. Now they all are.
You can't smoke within 25 feet of the entrance. Since I have a child, we
usually dine at family type restaurants. Some have a bar. But many do not.

--
See my webpage:

Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0600, "Donna in Texas"
wrote:

To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does any
particular brand taste better than others?

How does it affect your BGs?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like

floor
cleaner.)

Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does

any
particular brand taste better than others?

Heh. Maybe it tastes like the smell, the two are intertwined

Old 04-02-2006, 01:26 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
Donna in Texas wrote:

Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

this Diet
Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

floor
cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
"real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
Currently I drink the lime one.

I miss real soda fountain cokes. Way, way back when I was 12 years old (and
diabetic already!), I used to play D&D at a local game store. Halfway
through the Wed. night games, various folks would want drinks from the store
across the street. Since I was very broke, I'd go get the sodas and one guy
in particular, who became a great friend, would buy me a soda.

Real, soda-fountain with just enough cherry syrup added at the time of
mixing the carbonated water with the Coke syrup, combined with complete
time-wasting manic sword-slashing fantasy. Heaven.....

Mind you, we didn't have glucometers back then, and I was being naughty, but
given the manic tension I was exuding, I don't think it kicked my blood
sugar too high.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:18 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" wrote in message
link.net...
When I was 12..back in the stone age we would go to the local Drugstore
fountain and my brother would order cherry coke and I would order lemon
coke

I always got a cherry limeade. Never Coke.

--
See my webpage:

Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Ma���������������� ���������������� � wrote:
good proving a regular soda served by mistake harmed you enough to
cause damage and entitle you to compensation. if I get wind of where
it makes trial, I speak on behalf of the waitress.

He didn't say he intended to sue. If he did, it would be a frivolous
lawsuit. But to take his question at face value, the answer is yes.

If you SPECIFY that something harmful to you be omitted
AND they give it to you anyway,
AND it harms you,
THEN they are liable. (But of course you do have to be able
to prove all three of those elements.)

--
Wes Groleau

Guidelines for judging others:

1. Don't attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.

2. Don't attribute to stupidity that which
can be adequately explained by ignorance.

3. Don't attribute to ignorance that which
can be adequately explained by misunderstanding.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:19 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Larry Dow" wrote in message
.142...
"peanutjake" wrote in
s.com:

Last night I ordered a diet cola in a restaurant.
The rest of my meal was zero carbs.

The next morning my fasting reading was 30 points higher than
usual.

I am beginning to think that the waitress served me a regular
cola.

This is my question.
Is the restaurant or waitress legally responsible if my health
was damaged by failing to serve me a diet cola as ordered?

PJ

I don't think it is very likely that higher blood glucose readings
in the morning have anything to do with what you ate for dinner
the night before. Our diabetes educator and diabetes nurse say
that, essentially, anything over 3 - 4 hours can be considered a
fasting blood glucose level.

I didn't see the original post, just what was tagged to yours. My first
reaction was to say

Get the **** out of here with your STUPID money grabbing shite questions.
You're not dead, no one killed you and no-one harmed you. Get a life. Grow
up, learn something about diabetes before trying to make it a meal ticket,
or better still, **** off.

I don't think anything's likely to change that reaction either. I thought
YOU were being far too kind to him btw.

But, to answer your question, I would think that if you could
prove that they gave you the wrong thing, they would be liable.

And there are two chances of that happening. Slim and absolutely none at
all. Thankfully.

--
Beav
OMF#19

mail is beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com (with the obvious changes)