Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
JHA JHA is offline

Default Cola or diet cola?

I've found that Diet Coke with Lime tastes much better when I think of
it as "diet lime soda with Coke added"

Donna in Texas wrote:
> jacquie wrote:
>
>>Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
>>great tasting tea

> My mother used to make it, but I haven't tried it in years. It's raining
> right now, but when the sun comes out I think I'll try making some. Thanks
> for jogging my memory.
>
> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)
>
> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips. I
> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.
>
> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.
>
> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.
>
> Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

LOL...I like the cherry coke, I usually drink the reg diet coke though. Now
Diet Pepsi tastes like PineSol smells....Must be my taste buds but have
never been able to drink it
jacquie

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message

jacquie wrote:
> Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
> great tasting tea

My mother used to make it, but I haven't tried it in years. It's raining
right now, but when the sun comes out I think I'll try making some. Thanks
for jogging my memory.

Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
serious---like floor cleaner.)

I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips. I
also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think those
who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
again.

Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)

The lemon seems to no longer be available here. It was okay. The cherry is
good, but too sweet. I can drink one can on occasion, but then I don't want
any more for a while. Love the lime! It's what I usually drink.

> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips.

> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think

those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

I haven't tried the 7-Up with Splenda but I hate the Diet Coke with it.
Daughter likes it though.

> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.

I don't like Fresca the way I used to. The new cherry kind is good, but
again too sweet and I can't drink much of it.

> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Not sure what that would have been.

--
See my webpage:

Haven't tried the lime yet ...guess I should. I like Fresca ok...but I like
Diet Squirt better....it's refreshing in the summer.
jacquie

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

"jacquie" > wrote in message
k.net...
> When we lived in Florida we always asked for unsweetened tea...because if
> you didn't you would usually get sweetened Tea...Those Southerners do love
> their Sweet Tea I alsways ask if it is freshly brewed and not

instant...I
> hate instant tea. Speaking of Tea...I Love Twinnings Lady Grey Tea
> Iced...Sometimes I will add a sweetener to it but it is a Great tasting
> Tea Most the time when we go out to dinner I aske for Pelagrino

sparkeling
> water ...if they don't have that I just ask for Club Soda with a slice of
> lemon and lime...very refreshing drink

Here, you can't get club soda unless the place has a bar.

Well here ....if you go to any nice resturant it has a bar...so don't
usually have a problem finding it The nicest thing is if the bar isn't
completely closed off of the resturant there is no smoking...Most of the
nice places just turned themselves into no smoking resturant bars. I love it
....there is nothing worse than trying to eat when the room is filled with
smoke. I never realized how much I enjoyed it until we traveled through
Texas and the resturants didn't even have smoking sections.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

My Grandson is a texture eater...from the time he was little, he will roll
food around and feel it with his tongue and if he doesn't like the texture
he won't eat it again...picky Picky

jacquie

"Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

> I don't see how anyone can not tell the difference. I've never liked
> regular soda or any other really sweet drinks. I remember some years

May I suggest an experiement? Leave yourself some calores at snack time, and
set up 4 small glasses of soda, such as Diet Coke, Coke Classic, Pepsi, and
Diet Pepsi. Then spend some time sipping each, comparing and savoring the
difference. Notice the texture on your teeth, how it *feels* in your mouth,
and especially the sensation at your gumlines.

Then leave the room, have someone refill the glasses and shuffle them
around. Then try it again. I can pretty much guarantee you will be able to
tell the difference.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:54:19 GMT, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>

>>Alan S wrote:
>>> On 2 Feb 2006 12:06:58 GMT, Chris Malcolm

revolting, but I'm

several people

been bought

wasn't the kind

>>> Diet coke gives me incredible gas - in both

directions:-) I
>>> drink a local diet cola called LA Ice.
>>>
>>> They've just started marketing something called Coke

Zero
>>> out here, implying that the taste is the same as the

"real"
>>> thing. Has anyone tried that?

>>I have. I like it. I noticed a lot of kids walking around
>>with it, good advertising? Lol.

> As long as they weren't walking on top of moving buses..

It would not surprise me My ex once taught motorcycle
basics to kids whose schools thought they needed to do
something 1 day a week apart from sitting in class doing
nothing. His first week set the pace. He left the room and
someone knocked a motorcycle off the table, another kid
jumped off a table hitting a ceiling fan with his head and
had to go to hospital and on a trip to motorcycle shops (who
we dealt with on a business level) one helped himself to a
lot of stuff which my ex only found out about half way home.
Every ten weeks there were a new group who displayed the
same "attitude" The stories my high school kids come home
from school with would be eligible for the Darwin awards!

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Donna in Texas wrote:

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

this Diet
> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

floor
> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
"real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
Currently I drink the lime one.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Here, you can't get club soda unless the place has a bar.
>
> Well here ....if you go to any nice resturant it has a bar...so don't
> usually have a problem finding it The nicest thing is if the bar isn't
> completely closed off of the resturant there is no smoking...Most of the
> nice places just turned themselves into no smoking resturant bars. I love

it
> ...there is nothing worse than trying to eat when the room is filled with
> smoke. I never realized how much I enjoyed it until we traveled through
> Texas and the resturants didn't even have smoking sections.

After living in CA and NY, I was used to the "no smoking" thing. And here
in WA, many places had gone "no smoking" before I left. Now they all are.
You can't smoke within 25 feet of the entrance. Since I have a child, we
usually dine at family type restaurants. Some have a bar. But many do not.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0600, "Donna in Texas"
> wrote:

> To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does any
particular brand taste better than others?

How does it affect your BGs?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0600, "Donna in Texas"
> > wrote:
>
>> To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like

floor
>> cleaner.)

> Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
> you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does

any
> particular brand taste better than others?

Heh. Maybe it tastes like the smell, the two are intertwined

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Donna in Texas wrote:
>
>> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

> this Diet
>> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

> floor
>> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

> I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
> "real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
> Currently I drink the lime one.

I miss real soda fountain cokes. Way, way back when I was 12 years old (and
diabetic already!), I used to play D&D at a local game store. Halfway
through the Wed. night games, various folks would want drinks from the store
across the street. Since I was very broke, I'd go get the sodas and one guy
in particular, who became a great friend, would buy me a soda.

Real, soda-fountain with just enough cherry syrup added at the time of
mixing the carbonated water with the Coke syrup, combined with complete
time-wasting manic sword-slashing fantasy. Heaven.....

Mind you, we didn't have glucometers back then, and I was being naughty, but
given the manic tension I was exuding, I don't think it kicked my blood
sugar too high.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

When I was 12..back in the stone age we would go to the local Drugstore
fountain and my brother would order cherry coke and I would order lemon
coke

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Donna in Texas wrote:
>
>> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

> this Diet
>> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

> floor
>> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

> I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
> "real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
> Currently I drink the lime one.

I miss real soda fountain cokes. Way, way back when I was 12 years old (and
diabetic already!), I used to play D&D at a local game store. Halfway
through the Wed. night games, various folks would want drinks from the store
across the street. Since I was very broke, I'd go get the sodas and one guy
in particular, who became a great friend, would buy me a soda.

Real, soda-fountain with just enough cherry syrup added at the time of
mixing the carbonated water with the Coke syrup, combined with complete
time-wasting manic sword-slashing fantasy. Heaven.....

Mind you, we didn't have glucometers back then, and I was being naughty, but
given the manic tension I was exuding, I don't think it kicked my blood
sugar too high.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
link.net...
> When I was 12..back in the stone age we would go to the local Drugstore
> fountain and my brother would order cherry coke and I would order lemon
> coke

I always got a cherry limeade. Never Coke.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Ma���������������� ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½ wrote:
> good proving a regular soda served by mistake harmed you enough to
> cause damage and entitle you to compensation. if I get wind of where
> it makes trial, I speak on behalf of the waitress.

He didn't say he intended to sue. If he did, it would be a frivolous
lawsuit. But to take his question at face value, the answer is yes.

If you SPECIFY that something harmful to you be omitted
AND they give it to you anyway,
AND it harms you,
THEN they are liable. (But of course you do have to be able
to prove all three of those elements.)

--
Wes Groleau

Guidelines for judging others:

1. Don't attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.

2. Don't attribute to stupidity that which
can be adequately explained by ignorance.

3. Don't attribute to ignorance that which
can be adequately explained by misunderstanding.
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Larry Dow" > wrote in message
.142...
> "peanutjake" > wrote in
> s.com:
>
>> Last night I ordered a diet cola in a restaurant.
>> The rest of my meal was zero carbs.
>>
>> The next morning my fasting reading was 30 points higher than
>> usual.
>>
>> I am beginning to think that the waitress served me a regular
>> cola.
>>
>> This is my question.
>> Is the restaurant or waitress legally responsible if my health
>> was damaged by failing to serve me a diet cola as ordered?
>>
>> PJ
>>

> I don't think it is very likely that higher blood glucose readings
> in the morning have anything to do with what you ate for dinner
> the night before. Our diabetes educator and diabetes nurse say
> that, essentially, anything over 3 - 4 hours can be considered a
> fasting blood glucose level.

I didn't see the original post, just what was tagged to yours. My first
reaction was to say

Get the **** out of here with your STUPID money grabbing shite questions.
You're not dead, no one killed you and no-one harmed you. Get a life. Grow
up, learn something about diabetes before trying to make it a meal ticket,
or better still, **** off.

I don't think anything's likely to change that reaction either. I thought
YOU were being far too kind to him btw.

> But, to answer your question, I would think that if you could
> prove that they gave you the wrong thing, they would be liable.

And there are two chances of that happening. Slim and absolutely none at
all. Thankfully.

--
Beav
OMF#19

mail is beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com (with the obvious changes)