Old 12-02-2006, 11:14 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Any good home made ketchup recipies for diabetics?

"See Hear" wrote in message
But thanks for the comment. At least I know someone read it.

Hey, I read it - I'm even planning on making some, when I've worked my way
through the commercial stuff in my cupboard! It looks good.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Old 13-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Experienced Member

I read it too When it comes to ketchup, though, I'm a major stick in the mud. I've always bowed down to the Heinz altar (now 1 carb altar) and, as far as I can tell, will continue to do so until I shed this mortal coil. Hmmm... is there ketchup in heaven? Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm a vastly innovative chef, constantly trying new ingredients/methods. You name it, I'll figure a way of jazzing it up. But jazzing up ketchup with basil juice?! Not going to happen. I'm sure it's delicious, but it far exceeds the boundaries of my ketchup definition. That's just me- adventurous with just about everything but ketchup.

See Hear, sugar (or honey) isn't that essential for the texture of ketchup. Heinz's 1 carb is sugar free and is phenomenal.

Last edited by scott123 : 13-02-2006 at 10:14 AM

What exactly is 'home made'? A Moose in Love General Cooking 51 02-03-2014 11:23 PM
NEED A GOOD COOK BOOK TO MAKE A GOOD GRAVY LIKE MOM MADE! [email protected] General Cooking 16 18-03-2011 07:12 PM
What is a good recipe for home made carbonated cola (with a similar kick as coca cola or pepsi)? Elmo[_2_] General Cooking 26 27-04-2010 01:36 AM
Home Made Pop? Gregor Winemaking 11 06-02-2005 03:47 AM
I need some good cookie recipies rhinoman98 Baking 7 28-07-2004 09:15 PM