Old 01-01-2006, 10:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

Default Bad Boy

It is the second year if my condition, and I had two drinks last night. Rum
boy did it kick my numbers up this morring. 244 I took a second pill this
morring I hope to be down by Supper.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jennifer

Rum and what?

Alcohol with no added mixers that contain carbs shouldn't send your BGs
upwards.

And what kind of "second pill" did you take?

Jennifer

Old 02-01-2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Rich" wrote in message
news
It is the second year if my condition, and I had two drinks last night.
Rum
boy did it kick my numbers up this morring. 244 I took a second pill

this
morring I hope to be down by Supper.

Rum should make your BG go down, if anything. Did you mix it with something
sweet? Eat something you don't normally eat? And what of this pill? It's
not smart to take more of your meds than prescribed. This can cause a hypo.

--
See my webpage:

Old 02-01-2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

Diet Pepsi

Hotdogs and sowergrot, pretzels, Chees & Blona,

nk.net...

Old 02-01-2006, 06:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Rich" wrote in message
. ..
Diet Pepsi

Hotdogs and sowergrot, pretzels, Chees & Blona,

Too many pretzels, perhaps?

--
See my webpage:

Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 01 Jan 2006 05:59:48p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Rich?

Diet Pepsi

Hotdogs and sowergrot, pretzels, Chees & Blona,

'Twas the food, not the drink.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W.M.McKee

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:59:35 GMT, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
news
It is the second year if my condition, and I had two drinks last night.

Rum
boy did it kick my numbers up this morring. 244 I took a second pill

this
morring I hope to be down by Supper.

Rum should make your BG go down, if anything. Did you mix it with something
sweet? Eat something you don't normally eat? And what of this pill? It's
not smart to take more of your meds than prescribed. This can cause a hypo.

Did you have buns with the hot dogs? Anything made with wheat flour,
especially white flour, will drive the BG up... Also, pretzels are
usually bad, for the same reason.

I usually have 1-2 martinis, or a couple of 5 oz. glasses of very dry
wine, daily, and the BG goes down, if anything, as a result.

Will, T2
Old 02-01-2006, 01:31 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

It must have been the pretzels, we were playing a board game and I had a
lot. I was told there not that bad.
two slices of bred in a sandwich.
And four glass of diet Pepsi.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W.M.McKee

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:31:47 -0500, "Rich" wrote:

It must have been the pretzels, we were playing a board game and I had a
lot. I was told there not that bad.
two slices of bred in a sandwich.
And four glass of diet Pepsi.

One thing about so-called diet drinks.... Studies have shown that they
actually make a person hungry, thus causing one to eat and drink more.
One theory is that the sweetness triggers insulin release, which in
turn, provokes feelings of hunger.... At least this would be the case
in a T2, where the problem is "insulin resistance."

Will
Old 02-01-2006, 05:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou

In article , "Rich"
wrote:

It must have been the pretzels, we were playing a board game and I had a
lot. I was told there not that bad.

As diabetics, we're responsible for getting accurate information about
what we eat. Being "told" something isn't bad won't cut it. You need
to educate yourself, read labels, and test, test, test.

two slices of bred in a sandwich.

Depending on the kind of bread, that could be 12-30+ grams of carb.

And four glass of diet Pepsi.

Do you really think that Diet Pepsi will raise your BG?

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong

Old 02-01-2006, 05:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou

In article [email protected],
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
. ..
Diet Pepsi

Hotdogs and sowergrot, pretzels, Chees & Blona,

Too many pretzels, perhaps?

Bun on the hot dog (and sweetened relish?), cheap bologna with fillers,
plus those pretzels.

Priscilla
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jennifer

W.M.McKee wrote:
One thing about so-called diet drinks.... Studies have shown that they
actually make a person hungry, thus causing one to eat and drink more.
One theory is that the sweetness triggers insulin release, which in
turn, provokes feelings of hunger.... At least this would be the case
in a T2, where the problem is "insulin resistance."

Will

Will...

I've only heard anecdotal stories about artificial sweeteners causing
cravings.

Do you remember any of the studies you're talking about?

Jennifer

Old 02-01-2006, 09:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W.M.McKee

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:00:52 GMT, Jennifer
wrote:

W.M.McKee wrote:
One thing about so-called diet drinks.... Studies have shown that they
actually make a person hungry, thus causing one to eat and drink more.
One theory is that the sweetness triggers insulin release, which in
turn, provokes feelings of hunger.... At least this would be the case
in a T2, where the problem is "insulin resistance."

Will

Will...

I've only heard anecdotal stories about artificial sweeteners causing
cravings.

Do you remember any of the studies you're talking about?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I'll have to see what I can coax out of the "little grey cells"... Off
the top of my head, it could have been something I read in one of Dr.
Atkins's books, or perhaps in one of the books by
Dr. Julian Whitaker... On the other hand, I am a voracious reader, and
it could be from somewhere else that I got that. It was a while back.
I'll try to check it out and get back to you.....

I do know, however, that ever since I gave up all sweeteners, sugar
and artificial, and went low carb, I simply have not gottent very
hungry, like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I still get hungry, like
any normal person,... just not ravenously hungry, like I used to.

Also,lately, there have been studies that have gotten some exposure on
the net about artificial sweeteners causing cravings and leading to
increased total eating. If I am not mistaken, one of those articles
ran in one of the ADA newsletters..

Will, T2
Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

I not too sure I am new at this. I thought Diet was better then the good
stuff. I cut out all the raw sugars.
In the first year I keep things down. Now my Dr has add more meds. Lipator,
Blood Pressure, two medaforman, Vitamins and a aspirin.

Things were better before all the meds

Old 02-01-2006, 11:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jennifer

Why don't you join us at alt.support.diabetes?

You can ask questions and get support.

Jennifer