Old 22-12-2005, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
TigerLily

Default More budget gourmet (Chicken-Spinach Roulades)

LOL
Kate has her partner.......... Kate is trying to
get a house reno adding an office/dining room to
the house.............

i can live with an office in my dining
room.......... and my dining room furniture will
fit around it

however, this all starts with a garage project,
then the sale of my house to do the modifications
on this house

one day, we will see this evenly and it will
happen!

kate (confirmed taken but would LOVE a walk in
cooler as well :-))
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Pete Romfh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd have gotten a "hot flash" ... right upside

the head for something
like that.

I've got 35 years invested in the current

spouse. It would take a new
one waaay to long to train me all over again. So

I'm staying where I'm
at.

But Kate DID say I could have my walk-in cooler.

.... Hmmm...

Nah! I an't goin' there. =

Old 22-12-2005, 08:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Pete Romfh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I noticed this morning that the local "Food-A-Rama" has Skinless,
boneless breasts for $1.49/lb in 10 pound packages.
I'll have to stop on the way home and grab a couple packages if they
look any good.

There's an advantage to having a huge (27cf) freezer at one end of the
kitchen. Along with a 2nd refrigerator.
My spouse drew the line, however, when I considered getting a walk-in
cooler as we re-designed the kitchen.
I pouted... but she won on that issue. Something about "Boys and Toys"
that I didn't understand. =

My dream kitchen would be the biggest room in the house. It would have a
huge center island and walk in pantry. It would have two sinks, one just
for washing fruit and veggies. It would have professional appliances,
including an insinkerator (on of those devices that gives you instant
boiling water), refrigerator with glass doors so you could see instantly
what was there, and a small counter top beverage cooler. Of course there
would be huge freezer and ice maker as well. Ah, dream on!

--
See my webpage:

Old 22-12-2005, 04:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
elaich

"Julie Bove" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Boneless chicken breasts were on sale recently for $1.29/lb. I
stocked up.

Holy cow! Where do you live? I just paid $6.99 a lb. and here,
that's a good price!

I just looked at the tub of boneless chicken breasts I have in my freezer.
$1.69 a pound. Bought at Sherm's Food For Less in Medford, OR. That's the
typical price.
Old 22-12-2005, 06:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Pete Romfh" wrote in message
Boneless chicken breasts were on sale recently for $1.29/lb. I stocked up.
With the spinach and a package of sun-dried tomatoes this comes out under
$2/serving.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Roulade

Tasty, filling, low carb, and low fat.

Made these for supper tonight. Everyone loved it - even those who are
congenitally suspicious of spinach : ) My teen hasn't been eating well
following an operation last week, but she cleared her plate, put her fork
down, and asked if we can have it again next week.

Thanks!

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Old 23-12-2005, 02:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"elaich" wrote in message ...
"Julie Bove" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Boneless chicken breasts were on sale recently for $1.29/lb. I
stocked up.

Holy cow! Where do you live? I just paid $6.99 a lb. and here,
that's a good price!

I just looked at the tub of boneless chicken breasts I have in my freezer.
$1.69 a pound. Bought at Sherm's Food For Less in Medford, OR. That's the
typical price.

Bought some today for $5.99 per pound. These were not organic and not on
sale but bought at a store whose prices are cheaper overall than the other
stores. No wonder I'm always broke! Costs too much to eat here!

--
See my webpage:

Gourmet Spinach Soup Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-05-2007 10:39 AM
Gourmet Cucumber Chicken Salad Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2006 03:15 AM
Spinach and Chicken Salad Kate Heeringa Recipes (moderated) 0 03-09-2005 04:58 AM
Easy Gourmet Chicken Tim Recipes 0 20-08-2005 11:46 PM
Chicken Pesto Roulades Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 30-05-2004 04:56 PM