Old 14-12-2005, 03:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

Default Snack Foods

What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

Old 14-12-2005, 04:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jennifer

Rich wrote:

What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

It depends on what type of food plan you're following.

Low fat?
Low carb?
Low salt?
Low cost?

Let us know and I'm sure people will jump in with suggestions.

Jennifer

Old 14-12-2005, 04:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
TigerLily

the "free" foods are : cabbage, lettuce, tomato
(only 1), cucumber, zucchini, marrow (like
spaghetti squash or eggplant), cauliflower,
celery, rhubarb, yellow or green beans, bean
sprouts, spinach, greens (beet greens, swiss
chard), radishes, red or green or orange peppers,
broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushrooms,
parsley, onions (1/2 cup)

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

Old 14-12-2005, 04:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Joe

Almonds are pretty good, although before my diabetes it was Ben & Jerry's.
Thats probably why I'm eating Almonds now. lol
Pork rinds & Salsa works too.

Old 14-12-2005, 05:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

That doesn't seam to spark and interest

Old 14-12-2005, 07:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Rich" wrote in message
That doesn't seam to spark and interest

Food is not supposed to spark interest. Not when you have diabetes,
anyway...

--
See my webpage:

Old 14-12-2005, 09:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl

Rich wrote:
That doesn't seam to spark and interest

Popcorn, raw vegetables dipped in salsa, hommus, tzatsiki,
cottage cheese or guacamole.

Old 15-12-2005, 03:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Rich

Popcorn, Some Veges, I thought Large amounts of Chees was a no no.

To day I has brefast lunch no afternoon snack. and before supper I was 103.
It's 930 and I have 5 penut butter and ritzes crackers. and maby a hand
full if thin pretixels.

Old 15-12-2005, 09:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Rich" wrote in message
That doesn't seam to spark and interest

Food is not supposed to spark interest. Not when you have diabetes,
anyway...

I'm still very interested in my food, and long may it continue! What needs
to happen is to STOP being interested in food when you've eaten enough. I
needed thyroxine and a low carb routine to achieve that.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Old 15-12-2005, 10:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Nicky" wrote in message

I'm still very interested in my food, and long may it continue! What needs
to happen is to STOP being interested in food when you've eaten enough. I
needed thyroxine and a low carb routine to achieve that.

Well, I guess you and I are different then. I have no interest whatever in
low carb foods. Yes, I eat them, but only because I have to. I also was
never one to overeat. Yes, I remember a few, very few occasions like
Christmas or Thanksgiving when I ate too much as a child and was miserable.
I do not wish to remember those days. These days I'm having a harder and
harder time summoning up any appetite whatever. And very few foods seem
appealing.

--
See my webpage:

Old 15-12-2005, 11:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article ,
"Rich" wrote:

What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

(nonsweet) pickles
olives
whole nuts (slow down your consumption by having to shell them)

Priscilla
Old 16-12-2005, 09:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
"Rich" wrote:

What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

(nonsweet) pickles
olives
whole nuts (slow down your consumption by having to shell them)

A dill pickle split lengthwise and filled with peanut butter is good!

--
See my webpage:

Old 24-12-2005, 01:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
LouisG

"Joe" wrote in
:

Almonds are pretty good, although before my diabetes it was Ben &
Jerry's. Thats probably why I'm eating Almonds now. lol
Pork rinds & Salsa works too.

being new to this diabete's thing , and now having to watch everything i
eat and how much ,, i was so glad to see that salsa is okay and very low on
everything that i have to watch ,,, i found a really good black bean salsa
that is to die for ,,,,oh , i guess that;s the reason why i have to watch
what i eat now ,,
Old 24-12-2005, 01:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
LouisG

"TigerLily" wrote in :

the "free" foods are : cabbage, lettuce, tomato
(only 1), cucumber, zucchini, marrow (like
spaghetti squash or eggplant), cauliflower,
celery, rhubarb, yellow or green beans, bean
sprouts, spinach, greens (beet greens, swiss
chard), radishes, red or green or orange peppers,
broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushrooms,
parsley, onions (1/2 cup)

I have to thank my mother for introducing me to all different types of
veggies and to urge me to at least try them once before saying i didn't
like them ,, now some 40 years later , it's coming full circle that the
things that i can have freely are the things that she urged me to try
,,,,thanks mom.
Old 24-12-2005, 01:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Joe

"LouisG" wrote in message
"TigerLily" wrote in :

the "free" foods are : cabbage, lettuce, tomato
(only 1), cucumber, zucchini, marrow (like
spaghetti squash or eggplant), cauliflower,
celery, rhubarb, yellow or green beans, bean
sprouts, spinach, greens (beet greens, swiss
chard), radishes, red or green or orange peppers,
broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushrooms,
parsley, onions (1/2 cup)

I have to thank my mother for introducing me to all different types of
veggies and to urge me to at least try them once before saying i didn't
like them ,, now some 40 years later , it's coming full circle that the
things that i can have freely are the things that she urged me to try
,,,,thanks mom.

Yea Well, I'm still not eating that rhubarb! rofl!

Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds graham[_4_] General Cooking 29 10-07-2015 08:32 AM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 05:31 PM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy kungfuer[_2_] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 08:23 AM
snack foods Raleighgirl Diabetic 22 02-06-2005 04:14 PM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:14 PM