Old 24-12-2005, 05:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou

Default Snack Foods

In article ,
LouisG wrote:

"Joe" wrote in
:

Almonds are pretty good, although before my diabetes it was Ben &
Jerry's. Thats probably why I'm eating Almonds now. lol
Pork rinds & Salsa works too.

being new to this diabete's thing , and now having to watch everything i
eat and how much ,, i was so glad to see that salsa is okay and very low on
everything that i have to watch ,,, i found a really good black bean salsa
that is to die for ,,,,oh , i guess that;s the reason why i have to watch
what i eat now ,,

I had a salsa omelet for breakfast. YUM!

How's the carb count with black beans in it?

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong

Old 24-12-2005, 06:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
LouisG

Priscilla Ballou wrote in
:

In article ,
LouisG wrote:

"Joe" wrote in
:

Almonds are pretty good, although before my diabetes it was Ben &
Jerry's. Thats probably why I'm eating Almonds now. lol
Pork rinds & Salsa works too.

being new to this diabete's thing , and now having to watch
everything i eat and how much ,, i was so glad to see that salsa is
okay and very low on everything that i have to watch ,,, i found a
really good black bean salsa that is to die for ,,,,oh , i guess
that;s the reason why i have to watch what i eat now ,,

I had a salsa omelet for breakfast. YUM!

How's the carb count with black beans in it?

Priscilla

I don't have any left at the moment ,, but i dug the jar out of the
recycling bin and it's 4g for every 2 tbsp
Old 24-12-2005, 08:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Joe" wrote in message

Yea Well, I'm still not eating that rhubarb! rofl!

Mmmm... I love rhubarb!

--
See my webpage:

Old 24-12-2005, 08:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"LouisG" wrote in message

I don't have any left at the moment ,, but i dug the jar out of the
recycling bin and it's 4g for every 2 tbsp

That's kind of high in carbs. Salsa is one of those things that needs to be
eaten in limited quantities. Of course, the amount of carbs really varies!
I seem to do best with a fresh salsa made of things like chopped tomato,
onion, peppers, etc.

--
See my webpage:

Old 26-12-2005, 03:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
MaryL

"Rich" wrote in message
What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

I often eat almonds (raw, unsalted) and some low-fat cheese. One of my
favorites is a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries with some plain
nonfat yogurt. This may sound strange, but I also snack on large quantities
of raw cauliflower. It has a "nutty" taste and texture when I just break
off small segments and eat while watching TV. As to peanut butter, that is
a rarity, but I will occasionally have peanut butter on Ezekiel toast (a
flourless bread made from sprouted grains). But pretzels? Never! They
were a favorite in my pre-diabetes day, but now I *never* eat *any* flour,
rice, pasta, potatoes, or added sugar (but I do obviously get sugar from
natural sources, such as fruit).

MaryL

Old 26-12-2005, 03:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

news:[email protected]
I often eat almonds (raw, unsalted) and some low-fat cheese. One of my
favorites is a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries with some plain
nonfat yogurt. This may sound strange, but I also snack on large

quantities
of raw cauliflower. It has a "nutty" taste and texture when I just break
off small segments and eat while watching TV. As to peanut butter, that

is
a rarity, but I will occasionally have peanut butter on Ezekiel toast (a
flourless bread made from sprouted grains). But pretzels? Never! They
were a favorite in my pre-diabetes day, but now I *never* eat *any* flour,
rice, pasta, potatoes, or added sugar (but I do obviously get sugar from
natural sources, such as fruit).

Newman's Own makes a high protein pretzel that I sometimes eat as a bedtime
snack. These along with a bit of cheese work well for me.

--
See my webpage:

Old 26-12-2005, 04:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
TaniO

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 21:26:51 -0500, MaryL wrote
(in message [email protected]):

"Rich" wrote in message
What eaving TV smack food is good.
Small thin Pretzels? Penut Butter?

I often eat almonds (raw, unsalted) and some low-fat cheese. One of my
favorites is a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries with some plain
nonfat yogurt. This may sound strange, but I also snack on large quantities
of raw cauliflower. It has a "nutty" taste and texture when I just break
off small segments and eat while watching TV. As to peanut butter, that is
a rarity, but I will occasionally have peanut butter on Ezekiel toast (a
flourless bread made from sprouted grains). But pretzels? Never! They
were a favorite in my pre-diabetes day, but now I *never* eat *any* flour,
rice, pasta, potatoes, or added sugar (but I do obviously get sugar from
natural sources, such as fruit).

Like Julie, I have pretzels and peanut butter very
frequently, but can't manage most fruits. i can eat
small amounts of potato, rice and pasta. Snacks have
to be individually worked out, I think.

TaniO

MaryL

Old 26-12-2005, 04:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
MaryL

thlink.net...

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I think you're right that we need to individualize. For example, I can
eat old-fashioned oatmeal (and have a bowl almost every morning, with a
handful of fresh strawberries) and I can enjoy quite a lot of fruit,
especially berries. However, I avoid flour like the plague. My last
attempt was when I had a single slice of Oroweat whole wheat bread, and it
caused a major spike. If I avoid the "white stuff," I can keep my glucose
under control (averaging about 98) and have not needed any medication since
March of last year.

MaryL

Old 19-01-2006, 07:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Larry Dow

No sugar added Edy's ice cream is good. Fairly low carb, low fat, and
tastes a lot like real ice cream.

Larry

Old 20-01-2006, 08:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Joe" wrote in message
: ...

: Yea Well, I'm still not eating that rhubarb! rofl!

: Mmmm... I love rhubarb!

: --
: See my webpage:
: http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

So do I , but I have to watch how much or how often I eat it as it can
cause me to have gastric problems.

Wendy

Old 20-01-2006, 08:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

: I often eat almonds (raw, unsalted) and some low-fat cheese. One of my
: favorites is a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries with some plain
: nonfat yogurt. This may sound strange, but I also snack on large quantities
: of raw cauliflower. It has a "nutty" taste and texture when I just break
: off small segments and eat while watching TV. As to peanut butter, that is
: a rarity, but I will occasionally have peanut butter on Ezekiel toast (a
: flourless bread made from sprouted grains). But pretzels? Never! They
: were a favorite in my pre-diabetes day, but now I *never* eat *any* flour,
: rice, pasta, potatoes, or added sugar (but I do obviously get sugar from
: natural sources, such as fruit).

: MaryL

I also eat raw cauliflower adn sometimes dip itinot cocktain sauce tht I
make with low carb ketchup, wite grated horseradis and aoms lemon juice
and worcertershire sauce. ths ia also a god dip fo rany vegetables like
celer piece, baby carots, raw stringbeans, etc.

Wendy

Old 21-01-2006, 08:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"W. Baker" wrote in message

So do I , but I have to watch how much or how often I eat it as it can
cause me to have gastric problems.

I don't think rhubarb bothers me, but then I eat it rarely. Maybe once
every 5 years or so.

--
See my webpage:

Gluten-Free Foods are no Healthier Than Regular Foods, Study Finds graham[_4_] General Cooking 29 10-07-2015 08:32 AM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 05:31 PM
NICE FOODS,HEALTH FOODS---------It will enable your life is full ofexuberant energy kungfuer[_2_] General Cooking 0 28-05-2008 08:23 AM
snack foods Raleighgirl Diabetic 22 02-06-2005 04:14 PM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:14 PM