Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Default Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito

Start your day with a filling breakfast. But don't trash your carb-count.
This is diabetic friendly.

Recipe By: Pete Romfh
Serving Size: 2
Cuisine: Mexican
Main Ingredient: Eggs
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Vegetarian, Low Fat, Sauté, Quick, Simple -
Easy, Sandwiches, Brunch, Breakfast

-= Ingredients =-
1/2 cup Egg Substitute
1/2 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon Soy protein powder
0 ~~ -- Non-stick spray -- ~~
2 strips Turkey bacon ; - cooked & crumbled
1 teaspoon Parsley ; - or cilantro, chopped
1 large Low Carb Tortilla
1/4 cup Salsa ; - Choose your heat level

-= Instructions =-
Place the cottage cheese in a tea strainer and allow it to drain excess
liquid.
Cut a tortilla in half and place each half on a plate.
Blend the egg substitute with the soy protein then add in the cottage
cheese.
Scramble this in a sprayed pan until it starts to set. Add in the crumbled
bacon and stir in the parsley.

When the eggs have set place 1/2 of the mixture on each tortilla. Placing
it slightly to one side of center makes the next step easier.

Put a spoonful of salsa on top of the eggs then roll the tortilla into a
cone shape. Put the rest of the salsa on the top as a garnish. Sprinkle with
more cilantro (or green onion) if you wish.

Serve immediately.

Each (196 gram) serving contains:
Cals: 190, FatCals: 68, Total fat 8g
SatFat: 2g, PolyFat: 2g, MonoFat: 3g
Chol: 18mg, Na: 827, K: 417
Total Carbs: 14g, Fiber: 7g, Net Carbs: 7g

** Recipe & photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe160126 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"Pete Romfh" > wrote:

> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito
>
> Start your day with a filling breakfast. But don't trash your carb-count.
> This is diabetic friendly.
>
> Recipe By: Pete Romfh
> Serving Size: 2
> Cuisine: Mexican
> Main Ingredient: Eggs
> Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Vegetarian, Low Fat, Sauté, Quick, Simple -
> Easy, Sandwiches, Brunch, Breakfast
>
> -= Ingredients =-
> 1/2 cup Egg Substitute
> 1/2 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
> 1 tablespoon Soy protein powder
> 0 ~~ -- Non-stick spray -- ~~
> 2 strips Turkey bacon ; - cooked & crumbled
> 1 teaspoon Parsley ; - or cilantro, chopped
> 1 large Low Carb Tortilla
> 1/4 cup Salsa ; - Choose your heat level
>
> -= Instructions =-
> Place the cottage cheese in a tea strainer and allow it to drain excess
> liquid.
> Cut a tortilla in half and place each half on a plate.
> Blend the egg substitute with the soy protein then add in the cottage
> cheese.
> Scramble this in a sprayed pan until it starts to set. Add in the crumbled
> bacon and stir in the parsley.
>
> When the eggs have set place 1/2 of the mixture on each tortilla. Placing
> it slightly to one side of center makes the next step easier.
>
> Put a spoonful of salsa on top of the eggs then roll the tortilla into a
> cone shape. Put the rest of the salsa on the top as a garnish. Sprinkle with
> more cilantro (or green onion) if you wish.
>
> Serve immediately.
>
> Each (196 gram) serving contains:
> Cals: 190, FatCals: 68, Total fat 8g
> SatFat: 2g, PolyFat: 2g, MonoFat: 3g
> Chol: 18mg, Na: 827, K: 417
> Total Carbs: 14g, Fiber: 7g, Net Carbs: 7g
>

> ** Recipe & photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe160126 **
> ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Good for you for finding what works for you!

I think this would be much tastier (to my taste buds) if it were made
with real food ingredients, like eggs, cheese, bacon. It might have
less carb as well, since low-fat products tend to have their carb
boosted.

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito
>
> Start your day with a filling breakfast. But don't trash your carb-count.
> This is diabetic friendly.

Wow, can you really eat this without spiking? <envy> - my limit is about 6g
CHO in the morning.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Nicky wrote:
> "Pete Romfh" > wrote in
> message ...
>> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>>
>> Low-Carb Breakfast Burrito
>>
>> Start your day with a filling breakfast. But don't trash
>> your carb-count. This is diabetic friendly.

> Wow, can you really eat this without spiking? <envy> - my
> limit is about 6g CHO in the morning.
>
> Nicky.

It didn't seem to bother me and it was darn tasty.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:21:53 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>> Wow, can you really eat this without spiking? <envy> - my
>> limit is about 6g CHO in the morning.
>>
>> Nicky.

>It didn't seem to bother me and it was darn tasty.

When you say that, are you basing it on how you felt or 1hr
post-prandial meter readings?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Alan S wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:21:53 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> > wrote:
>

>>> Wow, can you really eat this without spiking? <envy> -
>>> my limit is about 6g CHO in the morning.
>>>
>>> Nicky.

>> It didn't seem to bother me and it was darn tasty.

> When you say that, are you basing it on how you felt or
> 1hr post-prandial meter readings?
>
> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

2 hrs PP I was 131, so a mild elevation at best.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 06:41:03 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>Alan S wrote:

>>> It didn't seem to bother me and it was darn tasty.

>> When you say that, are you basing it on how you felt or
>> 1hr post-prandial meter readings?
>>
>> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

>2 hrs PP I was 131, so a mild elevation at best.

Try at one hour next time Pete. My two hour numbers (unless
I eat pizza:-) are usually back to normal - a 131 at two
hours would have me wondering how high they were 30-60
minutes prior to that.

Have you done some testing to find when you usually peak?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article >,
"Pete Romfh" > wrote:

> Alan S wrote:

> >> It didn't seem to bother me and it was darn tasty.

> > When you say that, are you basing it on how you felt or
> > 1hr post-prandial meter readings?
> >
> > Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

> 2 hrs PP I was 131, so a mild elevation at best.

Wow. We use different guidelines, I think. A reading of 131 at 2 hours
PP would have me swearing to never do that again.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> Wow. We use different guidelines, I think. A reading of 131 at 2 hours
> PP would have me swearing to never do that again.

Well, he's new, remember - it depends where he started from. He may not be
able to avoid that kind of spike yet.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article >,
"Nicky" > wrote:

> "Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> > Wow. We use different guidelines, I think. A reading of 131 at 2 hours
> > PP would have me swearing to never do that again.

> Well, he's new, remember - it depends where he started from. He may not be
> able to avoid that kind of spike yet.

Good point. I sometimes have trouble remembering everyone's full story.

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
> In article >,
> "Pete Romfh" > wrote:
>
>> Alan S wrote:
>>> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:21:53 -0600, "Pete Romfh"

>>> When you say that, are you basing it on how you felt or
>>> 1hr post-prandial meter readings?
>>>
>>> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

>> 2 hrs PP I was 131, so a mild elevation at best.

> Wow. We use different guidelines, I think. A reading of
> 131 at 2 hours PP would have me swearing to never do that
> again.
>
> Priscilla

My Dr. doesn't seem to get too excited about it as long as it's not a
regular occurance.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:53:17 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>Until my LDL is under control, reducing fat intake is also something I
>consider.
>According to the studies I've seen saturated fats will kill me just as dead
>as carbs.

I'd be interested in reading those.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:49:24 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>My Dr. doesn't seem to get too excited about it as long as it's not a
>regular occurance.

Good point.

Have you heard the old joke about commitment? You know the
one, where the chicken and the pig are chatting about how
good Farmer Brown has been to them - looking after them,
feeding them, nurturing them.

So the chicken suggests to the pig that they cook a bacon
and egg breakfast for the farmer to thank him. The pig isn't
happy with the idea, and attempts to explain that the
chicken has an input and an interest in the gift - but the
pig has a total commitment.

It's an analogy worth remembering when listening to health
advice - whether here or elsewhere. Advisors, no matter how
highly qualified they may be, nor how much they wish to
help, still only have an interest. You have a total
commitment.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Alan S wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:53:17 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> > wrote:
>
>> Until my LDL is under control, reducing fat intake is
>> also something I consider.
>> According to the studies I've seen saturated fats will
>> kill me just as dead as carbs.

> I'd be interested in reading those.
>
> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

Here's what I've been seeing.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...43/ai_15271088
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...5/ai_82035736\
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...61/ai_12786777
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...23/ai_n6138547

These all seem to point at dietary saturated fat as a problem. Common wisdom
seems to be that a high fat diet isn't a good idea for those who wish to
avoid heart attack or stroke. At least that's the line that my Dr., Diabetes
Coach, and RD are holding to.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh
promfh (at) hal-pc (dot) org

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> My Dr. doesn't seem to get too excited about it as long as it's not a
> regular occurance.

Well, he doesn't have such a personal stake in it as you do. Damage is a
continuum; people with so-called normal blood sugars occasionally get
diabetic complications. The higher up that slope you're prepared to go, the
higher your risk of damage. And you've probably spent 10 years running
dangerous levels as it is.

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u...gartargets.htm

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

Susan > wrote in
:

<snip>

> Pete, 131 at two hours seems mighty high; I don't like to see it
> even at one hour. That one hour number is equally important, maybe
> moreso.
>
> Susan

I would *love* to see 131 at two hours after eating *anything* The only
way I can get there is to have water for a meal.

Sherry
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> It varies. This morning I had scrambled eggs and a slice of toast - 13
> grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber - with cinnamon splenda on it.

That's about twice the carb load I can handle in the morning.

> Of course, it doesn't help when my fastings are in the 130-150 range.

Bad news : ( Have you tried a bedtime snack, and/or a glass of wine?

> Last night for dinner, we had Thai and I had no more than a serving of
> rice - my guestimate would be 1/3 cup

Fast carbs, Thai rice is high GI. You might also have had sugar or
cornstarch in the sauces.

> Yesterday for lunch, I had 1/2 BP & J sandwich (sugar-free "J" of
> course) and grazed a bit after that on some veggie chips and cheese.

Parsnip chips are guaranteed to zap me : ( Was the bread your high-fibre
one you had for breakfast? I could cope with that, though I'd be hungry soon
after.

I know that's only a snapshot of your diet, but it looks a bit low on
veggies to me. Have you run it through fitday?

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

"Nicky" > wrote in
:

> "Sherry" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> It varies. This morning I had scrambled eggs and a slice of toast
>> - 13 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber - with cinnamon splenda on
>> it.

> That's about twice the carb load I can handle in the morning.
>
>> Of course, it doesn't help when my fastings are in the 130-150
>> range.

> Bad news : ( Have you tried a bedtime snack, and/or a glass of
> wine?

Yup - no help.

>> Last night for dinner, we had Thai and I had no more than a serving
>> of rice - my guestimate would be 1/3 cup

> Fast carbs, Thai rice is high GI. You might also have had sugar or
> cornstarch in the sauces.

Cornstarch is slow carbs. No thickening in the sauces. Maybe sugar,
but not that it was noticeable. Thai rice is lower GI than Chinese
sticky-rice

>> Yesterday for lunch, I had 1/2 BP & J sandwich (sugar-free "J" of
>> course) and grazed a bit after that on some veggie chips and
>> cheese.

> Parsnip chips are guaranteed to zap me : ( Was the bread your
> high-fibre one you had for breakfast? I could cope with that, though
> I'd be hungry soon after.

Yup - the bread was the same high-fiber one. Also, I didn't even have
a "serving" of chips - only about 6 of them.

> I know that's only a snapshot of your diet, but it looks a bit low
> on veggies to me. Have you run it through fitday?

The Thai dinner was mostly veggies, just a smidgen of rice - thinking
back, it was probably less than 1/3 cup - more like 1/4 (I usually over
estimate what I'm dishing up rather than under estimating)

Fitday???

> Nicky.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Sherry" > wrote in message
7.142...
> Cornstarch is slow carbs.

No way! The nearest I can find is maize meal, which has a GI of 109! You
might be thinking of the coarse, yellow cornmeal, which is "only" 68, rather
than the very fine, white powder the Thais and Chinese use as a thickener.

> No thickening in the sauces. Maybe sugar,
> but not that it was noticeable.

I would put money on thickeners and sugar in the sauces. Can you get your
hands on some of those sticks they use to spot sugar in urine? They're
called Diastix in the UK, and are very cheap. If you take a little food in
your mouth, you can then use the strips to test your saliva - or dip it
directly into a suspicious soda.

> Thai rice is lower GI than Chinese
> sticky-rice

No rice is low enough for me, not even Basmahti, which is the lowest; they
all make me spike. I'd rather keep my eyesight than eat it, though I used to
love a bowl of buttered rice. I use cauli mash to soak up juices when I cook
Thai or Indian curries.

> Fitday???

www.fitday.com - the online version is free, and is a great tool to make
sure you're getting the right amounts of nutrition, fibre, etc.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

"Nicky" > wrote in
:

> "Sherry" > wrote in message
> 7.142...
>> Cornstarch is slow carbs.

> No way! The nearest I can find is maize meal, which has a GI of 109!
> You might be thinking of the coarse, yellow cornmeal, which is
> "only" 68, rather than the very fine, white powder the Thais and
> Chinese use as a thickener.

Can't remember where I read it, but I was looking at something on slow-
release bars for night time - to help diabetics keep from going low at
night - and it mentioned that corn starch was a slow-release carb.

>> No thickening in the sauces. Maybe sugar,
>> but not that it was noticeable.

> I would put money on thickeners and sugar in the sauces. Can you get
> your hands on some of those sticks they use to spot sugar in urine?
> They're called Diastix in the UK, and are very cheap. If you take a
> little food in your mouth, you can then use the strips to test your
> saliva - or dip it directly into a suspicious soda.

Thai food doesn't use corn starch, at least none of the recipes I've
seen call for it. *Real* Thai food doesn't use sugar according to a
Thai friend. They put it in food here in the States to accomodate our
desire for sweet things. Some places go overboard with it and I avoid
those restaurants.

> No rice is low enough for me, not even Basmahti, which is the
> lowest; they all make me spike. I'd rather keep my eyesight than eat
> it, though I used to love a bowl of buttered rice. I use cauli mash
> to soak up juices when I cook Thai or Indian curries.

Maybe I should make some up and take it with me to the restaurant <rbg>

>> Fitday???

> www.fitday.com - the online version is free, and is a great tool to
> make sure you're getting the right amounts of nutrition, fibre, etc.
>
> Nicky.

Interesting site - I'll have to take a closer look at it later on in
the week when I have time! Thanks.

Sherry

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

Susan > wrote in
:

<snip>
>> This morning I'll skip my toast and see what happens - although
>> it's the most fiber I get in any of my foods!

> Hope it works out for you. Veggies have lots of fiber, too!

Fasting was 130. 1 1/2 hrs after eating two eggs, a sausage and a slice
of spam = 141. And I was starving again in a couple of hours..... (with
no food at hand because I was at a meeting) Problem is I need to get
some fiber in my diet - and where does it come from? Veggies, sure, but I
can't eat enough of them to get the fiber I need - the high fiber foods
are whole grains, beans and lentils......

> How is your free T3 level? Some folks don't convert T4 well, so
> taking it in a pill isn't as helpful as it could be. This can
> affect your bg and your lipids. Thyrolar is a drug with both T3 and
> T4 that most folks feel better on.

Thyroid is something that I need to talk with my doc about with the
constellation of symptoms I have right now. He lowered my meds this
spring because the results of whichever test he took (can't remember )
was too high. Is Thyrolar like Armor thyroid?

> I hope it helps. I wonder if a strategy such as only one meal a day
> with starch would work for you, if you make it a meal that you can
> walk after, or exercise in some other way in the hour after? That
> way you know you're not cutting out favorite things, but you're
> limiting your number of spikes per day, or eliminating them.

Walking or other aerobic exercise is a problem, unfortunately. I'm
dealing with shortness of breath left over by a Norvasc "experiment" (I
told the doc that I couldn't tolerate calcium channel blockers and he
said "well this one works differently, it should be ok") and probably not
helped by the metoprolol. At least the metoprolol has helped with the
palpitations. We live in a hilly area and just walking down my short
driveway and back up is enough to throw me into breathing problems! It's
a 10 mile drive to town where it's level enough to walk. My doc referred
me to a cardio and I did a treadmill - could only go 2 minutes (last year
I went 9 and didn't want to quit!). The cardio said my heart sounded
great and I was just "deconditioned" although I don't know how I could
have gotten deconditioned since I've been no less active than I was last
year!

I hate it!

Sherry
Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> "Nicky" > wrote in
>> I use cauli mash
>> to soak up juices when I cook Thai or Indian curries.

> Maybe I should make some up and take it with me to the restaurant

I take my own hoisin sauce and low-carb pancakes when we go Chinese and
fancy Peking duck. No problem! I guess you could try taking Shiratake
noodles to have Thai sauce poured over : )

I noticed you saying to Susan that you're looking for extra fibre sauces.
Have you tried black soy beans or black lentils? I can eat reasonable
amounts without spiking. Also, ground flaxseed is a great source. I eat it
as a porridge for breakfast, and sometimes as flaxseed bread or muffins;
it's nice sprinkled over a salad too.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

Susan > wrote in
:

> Sherry wrote:
>
>> Fasting was 130. 1 1/2 hrs after eating two eggs, a sausage and a
>> slice of spam = 141. And I was starving again in a couple of
>> hours..... (with no food at hand because I was at a meeting)

> When you drop the toast, you need to replace the calories. Perhaps
> a couple extra egg whites, or some bacon or sausage?

I did have some sausage *and* Spam.... BTW, the next day, I had two
eggs and toast with butter (no meat) - my blood sugars went up 21
points instead of 11. And I didn't get hungry as quickly.

> Problem is I need to get
>> some fiber in my diet - and where does it come from? Veggies, sure,
>> but I can't eat enough of them to get the fiber I need - the high
>> fiber foods are whole grains, beans and lentils......

> Flax seed is an incredible source of fiber, so is pumpkin, avocado,
> many nuts.

I *hate* pumpkin - ugh! Love avocado but it's way too expensive here
and they're usually lousy for some reason. I eat a lot of nuts, mostly
peanuts and almonds. I do use ground flax sprinkled on food a few times
a week.

> Well that kind of sucks. Is it possible to join a gym, or a Y, or
> buy a treadmill?

No gyms in the area that I can afford (the closest one is an athletic
club with an $800 membership fee and $80 per month). I have an
exercycle but can ride it for only a few minutes, even at a slow pace,
before I completely tire out. Until we figure out why I have such a
problem with shortness of breath, any exercise is going to be limited.
If I move at my "normal" pace, I can't keep up with myself... <g> I
need to go slow to keep from getting winded quickly. I used to love
going for short brisk walks whenever I could. I used to love going for
short brisk walks whenever I could.

> Frustrating! I could only do two minutes when I began rehab some
> years back. It may build slowly, but you should be able to
> recondition.

The "deconditioning" was the cardio's way of telling me he didn't know
why I have the shortness of breath problem. There's *no* reason that I
should be "deconditioned" because my activity level hasn't changed over
the past 1 1/2 years. The only changes have been in meds and I'm sure
that the Norvasc has caused something to go wrong, even though it's
been several months since then, and unfortunately the only med that can
keep palpitations under control also causes tiredness and shortness of
breath.

> Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry

"Nicky" > wrote in
:

>> "Nicky" > wrote in

> I noticed you saying to Susan that you're looking for extra fibre
> sauces. Have you tried black soy beans or black lentils? I can eat
> reasonable amounts without spiking. Also, ground flaxseed is a great
> source. I eat it as a porridge for breakfast, and sometimes as
> flaxseed bread or muffins; it's nice sprinkled over a salad too.
>
> Nicky.

I do have soem flaxseed and add some to my lunch a few times a week
(whenever I can remember!) That much flax as you eat would keep me
running, that's for sure, and not around the block <rbg> The breads I
get all contain whole grains and some of the varieties (I switch
around) have flax in them.

I need to limit soy - I know it's a great low-carb source of fiber.
Hubby doesn't like lentils at all - I love them and will get lentil
soup whenever I can. I bought some chana dal to cook up, but just
haven't gotten around to it yet. My vegetarian friend loves it and
it's like super low on the GI.

I love beans but, as the saying goes, they're the "musical fruit" <g>
so I need to be careful when I eat them... I've tried Bean-O and the
various methods that are supposed to remove that problem, but they
don't always work.

A dietitian/chef I know has a daughter with T1 diabetes and he said
that he tosses beans into just about anything he cooks because of the
added fiber.

Sherry

Easy Breakfast Burrito Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 28-09-2007 03:54 AM
Breakfast Burrito Duckie ® Recipes 0 05-06-2005 01:54 PM
ko~ McDonald's® Breakfast Burrito® ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 10-11-2004 07:57 PM
Ranchero Breakfast Burrito 7 Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 02-11-2004 01:48 PM