Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Default Xanthan Gum

I went looking for this today at Whole Foods. Found some, but not until an
interesting exchange with one of the helpful store people.

Me: "Where might I find Xanthan Gum"?
Helpful Store Person: "Ummm.. I think that's over with the candy and snack
stuff".

Fortunately there were other helpful folks there who got me to the right
spot and I'm ready to try some of this stuff out.

Got drawn for HgA1c today. Will find out how I'm progressing in a few days.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> I went looking for this today at Whole Foods. Found some, but not until

an
> interesting exchange with one of the helpful store people.
>
> Me: "Where might I find Xanthan Gum"?
> Helpful Store Person: "Ummm.. I think that's over with the candy and snack
> stuff".
>
> Fortunately there were other helpful folks there who got me to the right
> spot and I'm ready to try some of this stuff out.
>
> Got drawn for HgA1c today. Will find out how I'm progressing in a few

days.

Xanthan Gum is used in Gluten free baking. Not all stores will carry it,
but if they do, it will be in the baking aisle.
--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Pete Romfh" > wrote in
> message ...
>> I went looking for this today at Whole Foods. Found
>> some, but not until

> an
>> interesting exchange with one of the helpful store
>> people.
>>
>> Me: "Where might I find Xanthan Gum"?
>> Helpful Store Person: "Ummm.. I think that's over with
>> the candy and snack stuff".
>>
>> Fortunately there were other helpful folks there who got
>> me to the right spot and I'm ready to try some of this
>> stuff out.
>>
>> Got drawn for HgA1c today. Will find out how I'm
>> progressing in a few

> days.
>
> Xanthan Gum is used in Gluten free baking. Not all
> stores will carry it, but if they do, it will be in the
> baking aisle.

That's were we finally found it. I just thought the young lady's response
was entertaining.