Old 03-06-2006, 04:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Any baklava recipe that is carb friendly?

GreekMomma wrote:
Hmmm this sounds like a problem I worked on. I cut the
sugar in half and the honey in half. Kids and family
could not tell a diff. DO NOT USE SPLENDA OR ANY SUAGR
SUB When making baklava. I tired it once... hence the
term once. I also cut the number of layers in my phyllo
dough on my recipe from 26 to 20. 5 full sheets of
athens brand dough is 37 gr. carbs. Just do the math? I
Figured out my recipe and it came out to about just under
2 diabetic carbs per piece. and it was a decent large
piece. IF you want my recipe with complete measures just
let me know. I would be happy to post it. good luck! It
can be done. Greek Momma

I'd love to try the recipe. Balava is on of my favorite "sins".

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh