Jennifer

Default REC: Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad

I'm having some friends over for dinner... it's too hot to cook-cook...
so I made my favorite chicken salad.

It's quite wonderful... and very very low carb.

Even if you "think" you don't like tarragon... try it. You might
surprise yourself.

LEMON-TARRAGON CHICKEN SALAD

For convenience, you can use frozen chicken breasts.

1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 3)

3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
4 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Bring large skillet of salted water about an inch deep to boil. Add 2 of
the tablespoons of tarragon and 2 of the tablespoons of lemon juice…
then put in the chicken breasts; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and
poach until chicken is just cooked through, about 12 minutes (if you are
using still frozen breasts it will take about 15 minutes). Transfer
chicken to plate; cool.

Mix celery, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, onion, tarragon, lemon juice, and lemon
peel in large bowl to blend. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes or shred
into bite sized pieces; stir into mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt
and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)

Makes 6 servings.

pinecone

Jennifer,

This is really tasty! My husband even commented on how good it is. I
like chicken tarragon, but I usually use an apple-cider-vinegar-based
dressing in chicken salad. This is great in this hot weather! I used
Hellman's lowfat mayo.

pc

Jennifer

I'm so glad you liked it!

This has been my "go to" summer dinner salad for a couple of years now.

Jennifer