Jennifer

Default REC: OVEN-ROASTED SEA BASS WITH GINGER AND LIME SAUCE

My local supermarket had a sale on Sea Bass this week... and I found
this recipe.

This was dinner tonight and it's a keeper!! You can also sub in monk
fish or tilapia.

Jennifer

OVEN-ROASTED SEA BASS WITH GINGER AND LIME SAUCE

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced shallot
5 teaspoons light or regular olive oil

2 6-ounce sea bass fillets (each about 3/4 inch thick)

Preheat oven to 500°F. Mix first 5 ingredients and 3 teaspoons oil in
small bowl. Season sauce with salt and pepper.

Brush 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
Arrange fish in prepared dish; turn to coat. Sprinkle fish with salt and
pepper; spoon 1/2 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.

Roast fish until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes. Top fish
with remaining sauce and serve.

Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Jennifer wrote on 30 Jun 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> My local supermarket had a sale on Sea Bass this week... and I
> found this recipe.
>
> This was dinner tonight and it's a keeper!! You can also sub in
> monk fish or tilapia.

Fish tonight for me too.

I did artic char (on the grill...a little salt and pepper and a light
drizzle of Ciclon (a rum, tequilla and lime mix... booze sold in a
bottle), about 20 minutes before grilling. Similar to salmon fillets
(but not farmed).

I also grilled zucinni slices and large button mushrooms too...brushed
with a Italian styled vinagrette while grilling.

new 1ac results in....down from 5.7 to 5.5
so I celibrated. ldl's still a little highish & hdl's lowish
though....something for me to work at. I'm finding it hard to get those
good. But all in all a little better than last test.

BJ in Texas

Monsur Fromage du Pollet > wrote:
|| Jennifer wrote on 30 Jun 2005 in alt.food.diabetic
||| My local supermarket had a sale on Sea Bass this week... and
||| found this recipe.
||| This was dinner tonight and it's a keeper!! You can also
||| sub in
||| monk fish or tilapia.
|| Fish tonight for me too.
|| I did artic char (on the grill...a little salt and pepper and
|| a light drizzle of Ciclon (a rum, tequilla and lime mix...
|| booze sold in a bottle), about 20 minutes before grilling.
|| Similar to salmon fillets (but not farmed).
|| I also grilled zucinni slices and large button mushrooms
|| too...brushed with a Italian styled vinagrette while
grilling.
|| new 1ac results in....down from 5.7 to 5.5
|| so I celibrated. ldl's still a little highish & hdl's
|| lowish though....something for me to work at. I'm finding it
|| hard to get those good. But all in all a little better than
|| last test.
|| --

Sounds good, and congratulations on the A1C

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides