Damsel

Default REC - Chewy Citrus Cookies

I developed this recipe while following Atkins. I find that I have to use
way less than a 1:1 ratio of Splenda to sugar in baked goods. For some
reason, my taste buds react poorly to baked Splenda. Crash (my SO) doesn't
have that problem. Anywho, I used strong flavorings to mask the Splenda
taste, and used very little Splenda in this recipe. (If anyone wants me
to, I can post my two chocolate versions of these cookies, too)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Damsel's Chewy Citrus Cookies

Recipe By amsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cookies

2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Splenda® granular
8 ounces soft butter -- (2 sticks)
1 large egg
4 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon zest -- (one large lemon)

Cream the almond flour, Splenda, and butter until well mixed. Stir in egg
and lemon extract. Add xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
Combine well.

Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (These cookies do not
spread when baked, so they can be placed close together)

Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool
thoroughly. Store in an airtight container to retain soft, chewy texture.
They dry out quickly.

As with most butter-based cookies, these taste better the day after baking.

VARIATION:
Use orange extract instead of lemon, and use orange zest instead of lemon.

"Light as a feather, melt-in-your-mouth!"
Cuisine:
"Low Carb"
Copyright:
"2004 Damsel in dis Dress"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 65 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (84% calories from fat); 1g
Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 15mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES :
Entire batch:
65 carbs
38 fiber

1.4 carbs per cookie
..8 grams of fiber
..6 NET CARBS PER COOKIE

Chewy Treasure Cookies Duckie ® Recipes 1 21-01-2007 08:55 PM
Soft chewy cookies Lewis Dodd General Cooking 6 18-02-2005 05:27 PM
chewy citrus cookies and the chocolate brownie cookies Susan Diabetic 2 19-04-2004 07:49 AM
chewy cookies Gael Dempster Baking 0 29-03-2004 02:40 PM
Q: chewy cookies Helen Baking 4 23-03-2004 06:44 AM