ted rosenberg

Alan, the blithering idiots who come on with tales of woe about
sweeteners have LONG since used up any slack I would be willing to cut them.

THEN, the google, and get ALL of the phony and meaningless crap.

Next we will be getting the tooth fairy coke story, or the chromium
fender one.
SHESH

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
mrslang

ted rosenberg wrote:
> Gee, how much misinformation can you give?
>
> TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
the chances of type 2 diabetes?

How's this for FACTS:

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Now apologize for being an asswipe.

Sally

Langerhans

mrslang wrote:
> ted rosenberg wrote:
>
>>Gee, how much misinformation can you give?
>>
>>TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

> hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
> the chances of type 2 diabetes?
>
> How's this for FACTS:
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw
>
> Now apologize for being an asswipe.
>
> Sally

Now I remember why I divorced you.
mrslang

Langerhans wrote:
> mrslang wrote:
> > ted rosenberg wrote:
> >
> >>Gee, how much misinformation can you give?
> >>
> >>TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

> > hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
> > the chances of type 2 diabetes?
> >
> > How's this for FACTS:
> >
> > http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw
> >
> > Now apologize for being an asswipe.
> >
> > Sally
> >

> Now I remember why I divorced you.

LOL!!!

Sally
now I better hope my real hubby doesn't read this newsgroup!

Karen Sexton

On 26 May 2005 00:39:52 -0700, "Pete" > wrote:

>>And you have to install software in order to print the coupon.
>>Any spyware or adware installed at the same time?

>I wondered the very same thing when I went to download the coupon, so
>didn't.
>
>I am anxious to try it. I've been drinking Diet Rite (love their
>tangerine--although I limit myself to one soda a day at dinner.)
>because of all the horrors I've read about nutra-sweet... so don't
>anyone post the horrors of Splenda yet!
>
>I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink about
>2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered it in tall
>glass bottles (bottled in Mexico) at a local market. Hard to believe I
>haven't touched a drop in 6 months.

Hello,

I am a newbie here (I posted the question about chocolate recipes-)

I just have to say I hate diet sodas- all of them- and I don't even
like Coke- prefer Pepsi and Dr. Pepper:-) but I tried Diet Coke with
Lime, and I think it's terrific! satisfies me. I think Splenda is
better for a person than Aspartame is, though, so I drink Pepsi Edge-
but it contains 1/2 sugar- the other half is Splenda.

Why is it we can get a man to the moon, but we can't make a good
sweetener that tastes like sugar and doesn't give one " the runs"?

KS

Karen Sexton

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:33:14 -0400, "anon"
> wrote:

>It sucks!! Lemon Pledge tasting..........
>
>I don't know why they just didn't add the splenda and not screw with the
>mix, but it is terrible. And I like Diet Coke normally, but if this is the
>best that they can do, I'm not drinking it anymore.
>
>Diet Rite with Spenda tastes a lot better and doesn't have that damn lemon
>taste.

Where are you all getting Diet Rite with Splenda and Coke with
Splenda? I am from CA, but am living in South Carolina now- they
don't have as much variety here as they do in CA- it's even hard here
to find Pepsi Edge- hey- I wonder if I can make my own "Pepsi-4"?
With Pepsi Edge and regular Diet Pepsi?

KS
ted rosenberg

YES
FIRST: drinking cola doesn't CAUSE excess weight. It takes lots of things
Second:it is the other way around. T2's are hyperinsulinic. Insulin is
a GROWTH hormone, it causes weight gain. Which is why T1's are generaly
low weight, and T2's are generaly high weight, and, if you get your BG
under controll, it is a LOT easier to lose weight.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
None Given

"Karen Sexton" > wrote in message
> Where are you all getting Diet Rite with Splenda and Coke with
> Splenda? I am from CA, but am living in South Carolina now- they
> don't have as much variety here as they do in CA- it's even hard here
> to find Pepsi Edge- hey- I wonder if I can make my own "Pepsi-4"?
> With Pepsi Edge and regular Diet Pepsi?

I've seen Diet Rite in all the groceries and Wal-Marts, it's been around for
a while, mostly in the boxes of cans in various flavors but sometimes the
cola in the 6 pack of bottles. The new Coke w/Splenda I've only seen in
groceries in the coolers (20 oz. bottles) and in special displays (12 oz.
bottles,) so far. There is also Jones, I've found in a couple of
groceries, in glass bottles and Hansen's in cans that I've seen a couple of
places, a Wal-Mart and a health food store, the diet versions of both have
Splenda. I can't remember for sure but I don't think I've seen a cola
flavor in those.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Marc L.

Ma¢k > wrote in
:

> {{{{{{{How}}}}}} {{{{{{Long}}}}}} {{{{{{{Do}}}}}}}
> {{{{{{{We}}}}}}} {{{{{Need}}}}}} {{{{{{{To}}}}}}}}}
> {{{{{{{{Keep}}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{This}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{Up?}}}}}}}}}

Good enough. Oh, good one.

--
Marc
Marc L.

ted rosenberg > wrote in news:429bc684$0$92565
:

> Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

Okay, I'll bite. What misinformation did you find in the
supposition that drinking too much sugar filled drinks contributes to
diabetes? Oh, and stop top posting.

--
Marc

Marc L.

ted rosenberg > wrote in news:429c178a$0$51407
:

> YES
> FIRST: drinking cola doesn't CAUSE excess weight.

Bullshit. First, we said "contributes" not causes. Second, of
course drinking too much sugar laden drinks will contribute to
gaining weight.

--
Marc
ted rosenberg

Typical bullcrap

people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.

Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.

and, with your broad swipe, eating or drinking ANYTHING "contributes to
weight gain" stop food and drink and you don't gain weight.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
None Given

"ted rosenberg" > wrote in message
eenews.net...
> Typical bullcrap
>
> people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.
>
> Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.
>
> and, with your broad swipe, eating or drinking ANYTHING "contributes to
> weight gain" stop food and drink and you don't gain weight.

How many people drink 2 liters of fruit juice in a day?

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Thomas Muffaletto

"Pete" > wrote in message
ups.com...
You're right, mr slang--ma¢k, I was talking about regular coke.

get used to many misunderstandings like that. most of the time I dont even
bother
correcting them and just ignore.

Thomas Muffaletto

"Pete" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My goodness. I can't believe all the hostility created by an
> off-the-cuff comment that I thought I used to drink too much sodey-pop.
>
> Like you said, Alan--I know I'm ignorant and that's why I came here.
> Guess I'll just read and stay quiet.

if you have a question ask it - don't worry about those that mix up simple
posts.
do you know how to use a kill file to ignore people you don't want to read?
Tom

Pete

I never knew of such a thing! I will go figure out how to do it now.

Ma¢k

On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:13:34 GMT, "Thomas Muffaletto"
> Huffed and Puffed the following into the
madness of usenet:

>"Pete" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>You're right, mr slang--ma¢k, I was talking about regular coke.
>

>get used to many misunderstandings like that. most of the time I dont even
>bother
>correcting them and just ignore.

but you do spend a great deal of time making posts like this about the
posts you claim to ignore.

funny how you always like to stick your nose in it after the apologies
were made and accepted.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Thomas Muffaletto

it does take a bit of will power to use.
I wish I would have used it from day 1.

--
Tom
Exercise Today = Life Tomorrow

Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
Your American Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
the American Diabetes Association's Message Boards
http://community.diabetes.org/n/pfx/...tesz&nav=index
Chat Live with Mr. Gantlet
http://profiles.yahoo.com/mrgantlet911
"Pete" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I never knew of such a thing! I will go figure out how to do it now.

Marc L.

ted rosenberg > wrote in news:429cb1de$0$37514
:

> Typical bullcrap
>
> people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.
>
> Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.

Who, the, ****, said, otherwise? Nothing I said can be
classified as bullcrap, you on the other hand seem to spout nothing
but. You keep dogding the issue. If you drink too much sugar laden
drinks, such as Coke, this will contribute to gaining weight, and to
getting diabetes. Nothing you said refutes this. The fact that fruit
juice contains more sugar does not refute this. You don't know how to
have an argument, Ted, so the hell with you.

--
Marc
Marc L.

"None Given" > wrote in news:119pcvfghot6508
@corp.supernews.com:

> How many people drink 2 liters of fruit juice in a day?

Stop confusing him with facts. I post the my drinking 4L of Coke
a day probably contributed to my getting T2DM and the moron responds by
saying, "Fruit juice has more sugar." as if that had any relevance.
Just ignore the moron.

--
Marc

ted rosenberg

None Given wrote:
> "ted rosenberg" > wrote in message
> eenews.net...
>
>>Typical bullcrap
>>
>>people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.
>>
>>Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.
>>
>>and, with your broad swipe, eating or drinking ANYTHING "contributes to
>>weight gain" stop food and drink and you don't gain weight.

> How many people drink 2 liters of fruit juice in a day?

plenty, what makes you think there aren't

Before I was diagnosed, I drank 2, and then up to five liters of
unsweetened tea and water a day/ In addition to about ten cups of
unsweetened coffee..

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
ted rosenberg

and, it did NOT "contribute"

it was most probably a result of you being a diabetic

In any case Coke, sugared or not does not cause diabetes
WEIGHT does not cause diabetes/

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
mrslang

ted rosenberg wrote:
> and, it did NOT "contribute"
>
> it was most probably a result of you being a diabetic
>
> In any case Coke, sugared or not does not cause diabetes
> WEIGHT does not cause diabetes/

Tourettes Ted,

no one says coke causes diabetes so quit lying, but there is a DIRECT
correlation between excess weight and Type 2 diabetes. I'll post this
simple google link for you one more time. if you still don't get it
then you are just plain stupid, stubborn, or both.

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Sally

Karen Sexton

On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:22:20 -0500, "None Given"
> wrote:

>"Karen Sexton" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Where are you all getting Diet Rite with Splenda and Coke with
>> Splenda? I am from CA, but am living in South Carolina now- they
>> don't have as much variety here as they do in CA- it's even hard here
>> to find Pepsi Edge- hey- I wonder if I can make my own "Pepsi-4"?
>> With Pepsi Edge and regular Diet Pepsi?

>I've seen Diet Rite in all the groceries and Wal-Marts, it's been around for
>a while, mostly in the boxes of cans in various flavors but sometimes the
>cola in the 6 pack of bottles. The new Coke w/Splenda I've only seen in
>groceries in the coolers (20 oz. bottles) and in special displays (12 oz.
>bottles,) so far. There is also Jones, I've found in a couple of
>groceries, in glass bottles and Hansen's in cans that I've seen a couple of
>places, a Wal-Mart and a health food store, the diet versions of both have
>Splenda. I can't remember for sure but I don't think I've seen a cola
>flavor in those.

OK, I'll look in the coolers where they have the 20 oz bottles- I
probably ignored them thinking there was nothing new in there. There
are so many new sodas and so many of them bad tasting, that I tend to
not look any further.

Thanks,

Karen
ted rosenberg

cc'd by email

It is a shame that idiots flunk(or don't even take) basic statistics and
then learn to google

SURE there is a correlation, but that is not a CAUSE.

Excess Insulin CAUSES weight gain..

Then you come up with the misleading statement that coke causes weight
gain. It is no more than any other foods, and a lot less than many.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook

Ma¢k

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:35:35 -0400, ted rosenberg
> Huffed and Puffed the following into the
madness of usenet:

>cc'd by email
>
>It is a shame that idiots flunk(or don't even take) basic statistics and
>then learn to google
>
>SURE there is a correlation, but that is not a CAUSE.
>
>Excess Insulin CAUSES weight gain..
>
>Then you come up with the misleading statement that coke causes weight
>gain. It is no more than any other foods, and a lot less than many.

Ted, would you please give it rest. They were not introducing a shill
post for an aspartame scam or misinforming anyone one how weight gain
occurs or what contributes to it. I made a mistake when I read the
thread, and it was clearly pointed out.

why are you missing the mistake you have made?

none of them have said that drinking soda caused their diabetes.

none of them said that drinking soda alone was the cause of the weight
problems.

none of them said that weight alone was the cause of their diabetes.

I noticed you missed the scammer post from the askyourdr scammer from
india.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Marc L.

ted rosenberg > wrote in news:429d0995$0$85622
:

> In any case Coke, sugared or not does not cause diabetes
> WEIGHT does not cause diabetes/

Bullshit, total, unadultrated bullshit.

--
Marc
None Given

"Karen Sexton" > wrote in message

> OK, I'll look in the coolers where they have the 20 oz bottles- I
> probably ignored them thinking there was nothing new in there. There
> are so many new sodas and so many of them bad tasting, that I tend to
> not look any further.

Sometimes my local grocery runs out, but then they have more the next time I
look. I hope that means it is selling well and will stay on the market.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

ted rosenberg

cc'd by email
Ah
Stupidly - Unadulterated stupidity

get a clue

Marc L. wrote:
> ted rosenberg > wrote in news:429d0995$0$85622
> :
>

>>In any case Coke, sugared or not does not cause diabetes
>>WEIGHT does not cause diabetes/
>>

> Bullshit, total, unadultrated bullshit.

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Glen Cook
Alan S

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:49:01 -0400, ted rosenberg
> wrote:
>Marc L. wrote:
>> ted rosenberg wrote:
>>
>>>In any case Coke, sugared or not does not cause diabetes
>>>WEIGHT does not cause diabetes/
>>>

>> Bullshit, total, unadultrated bullshit.
>>

>cc'd by email
>Ah
>Stupidly - Unadulterated stupidity
>
>get a clue

That's what we need more of here. Cogent, reasoned debate
backed by thorough research and checkable cites.

Nicely said, both of you.

Now, for the next level, can we graduate to grade 3?

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.