Old 31-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Karen Sexton

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:33:14 -0400, "anon"
wrote:

It sucks!! Lemon Pledge tasting..........

I don't know why they just didn't add the splenda and not screw with the
mix, but it is terrible. And I like Diet Coke normally, but if this is the
best that they can do, I'm not drinking it anymore.

Diet Rite with Spenda tastes a lot better and doesn't have that damn lemon
taste.

Where are you all getting Diet Rite with Splenda and Coke with
Splenda? I am from CA, but am living in South Carolina now- they
don't have as much variety here as they do in CA- it's even hard here
to find Pepsi Edge- hey- I wonder if I can make my own "Pepsi-4"?
With Pepsi Edge and regular Diet Pepsi?

KS

Old 31-05-2005, 08:54 AM
ted rosenberg

YES
FIRST: drinking cola doesn't CAUSE excess weight. It takes lots of things
Second:it is the other way around. T2's are hyperinsulinic. Insulin is
a GROWTH hormone, it causes weight gain. Which is why T1's are generaly
low weight, and T2's are generaly high weight, and, if you get your BG
under controll, it is a LOT easier to lose weight.

mrslang wrote:
ted rosenberg wrote:

Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
the chances of type 2 diabetes?

How's this for FACTS:

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Now apologize for being an asswipe.

Sally

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Old 31-05-2005, 02:22 PM
None Given

"Karen Sexton" wrote in message
Where are you all getting Diet Rite with Splenda and Coke with
Splenda? I am from CA, but am living in South Carolina now- they
don't have as much variety here as they do in CA- it's even hard here
to find Pepsi Edge- hey- I wonder if I can make my own "Pepsi-4"?
With Pepsi Edge and regular Diet Pepsi?

I've seen Diet Rite in all the groceries and Wal-Marts, it's been around for
a while, mostly in the boxes of cans in various flavors but sometimes the
cola in the 6 pack of bottles. The new Coke w/Splenda I've only seen in
groceries in the coolers (20 oz. bottles) and in special displays (12 oz.
bottles,) so far. There is also Jones, I've found in a couple of
groceries, in glass bottles and Hansen's in cans that I've seen a couple of
places, a Wal-Mart and a health food store, the diet versions of both have
Splenda. I can't remember for sure but I don't think I've seen a cola
flavor in those.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Old 31-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Marc L.

Mak wrote in
:

{{{{{{{How}}}}}} {{{{{{Long}}}}}} {{{{{{{Do}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{We}}}}}}} {{{{{Need}}}}}} {{{{{{{To}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{Keep}}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{This}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{Up?}}}}}}}}}

Good enough. Oh, good one.

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Marc L.

ted rosenberg wrote in news:429bc684$0$92565
:

Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

Okay, I'll bite. What misinformation did you find in the
supposition that drinking too much sugar filled drinks contributes to
diabetes? Oh, and stop top posting.

--
Marc

Old 31-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Marc L.

ted rosenberg wrote in news:429c178a$0$51407
:

YES
FIRST: drinking cola doesn't CAUSE excess weight.

Bullshit. First, we said "contributes" not causes. Second, of
course drinking too much sugar laden drinks will contribute to
gaining weight.

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 07:52 PM
ted rosenberg

Typical bullcrap

people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.

Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.

and, with your broad swipe, eating or drinking ANYTHING "contributes to
weight gain" stop food and drink and you don't gain weight.

Old 31-05-2005, 07:56 PM
None Given

"ted rosenberg" wrote in message
eenews.net...
Typical bullcrap

people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.

Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.

and, with your broad swipe, eating or drinking ANYTHING "contributes to
weight gain" stop food and drink and you don't gain weight.

How many people drink 2 liters of fruit juice in a day?

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Old 31-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Thomas Muffaletto

"Pete" wrote in message
ups.com...
You're right, mr slang--mak, I was talking about regular coke.

get used to many misunderstandings like that. most of the time I dont even
bother
correcting them and just ignore.

Old 31-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Thomas Muffaletto

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
My goodness. I can't believe all the hostility created by an
off-the-cuff comment that I thought I used to drink too much sodey-pop.

Like you said, Alan--I know I'm ignorant and that's why I came here.
Guess I'll just read and stay quiet.

if you have a question ask it - don't worry about those that mix up simple
posts.
do you know how to use a kill file to ignore people you don't want to read?
Tom

Old 31-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Pete

I never knew of such a thing! I will go figure out how to do it now.

Old 31-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Mak

On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:13:34 GMT, "Thomas Muffaletto"
Huffed and Puffed the following into the
madness of usenet:

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
You're right, mr slang--mak, I was talking about regular coke.

get used to many misunderstandings like that. most of the time I dont even
bother
correcting them and just ignore.

but you do spend a great deal of time making posts like this about the
posts you claim to ignore.

funny how you always like to stick your nose in it after the apologies
were made and accepted.

Mck
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Old 31-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Thomas Muffaletto

it does take a bit of will power to use.
I wish I would have used it from day 1.

--
Tom
Exercise Today = Life Tomorrow

Information you can trust from the diabetes experts...
Your American Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
the American Diabetes Association's Message Boards
http://community.diabetes.org/n/pfx/...tesz&nav=index
Chat Live with Mr. Gantlet
http://profiles.yahoo.com/mrgantlet911
"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
I never knew of such a thing! I will go figure out how to do it now.

Old 31-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Marc L.

ted rosenberg wrote in news:429cb1de$0$37514
:

Typical bullcrap

people who drink ANYTHING with carbs in it get calories.

Fruit juice is MUCH worse than coke.

Who, the, ****, said, otherwise? Nothing I said can be
classified as bullcrap, you on the other hand seem to spout nothing
but. You keep dogding the issue. If you drink too much sugar laden
drinks, such as Coke, this will contribute to gaining weight, and to
getting diabetes. Nothing you said refutes this. The fact that fruit
juice contains more sugar does not refute this. You don't know how to
have an argument, Ted, so the hell with you.

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Marc L.

"None Given" wrote in news:119pcvfghot6508
@corp.supernews.com:

How many people drink 2 liters of fruit juice in a day?

Stop confusing him with facts. I post the my drinking 4L of Coke
a day probably contributed to my getting T2DM and the moron responds by
saying, "Fruit juice has more sugar." as if that had any relevance.
Just ignore the moron.

--
Marc