Old 30-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Sherry

"mrslang" wrote in
oups.com: snip

diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap
to it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want
a diet version of it to begin with? there are so many other
alternitives when it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to
be on the market. ever read a list of what they put in it?

Sally

So true Sally! Researchers are led to believe that the phosphorous in
carbonated beverages can lead to calcium depletion and osteoporosis.

http://tinyurl.com/dllv2

Do a google search on "soda osteoporosis" for a lot of articles about
this. The link isn't proven, but it is something to think about!

I'll never forget the Coke experiment in Jr. High when the teacher
dropped a tooth in a glass of Coke. I think it was just a week or so
before decay started

Many schools are removing sodas from their vending machines and
replacing them with fruit juices - a better choice? I doubt it... Not
a big fan of fruit juice - all the carbs with none of the fiber g

BTW, a list of ingredients in cola can be found at
http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/soft_drinks.html (minus the "secret
ingredient"!)

Not sure I agree with your impression of Splenda though. And I do love
a good fizz every now and then - I have no more than one soda a day,
if that much. Most of the time I prefer drinking teas and good old
plain water.

Old 30-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Pete

My goodness. I can't believe all the hostility created by an
off-the-cuff comment that I thought I used to drink too much sodey-pop.

Like you said, Alan--I know I'm ignorant and that's why I came here.
Guess I'll just read and stay quiet.

Old 31-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Nico Kadel-Garcia

"ted rosenberg" wrote in message
eenews.net...
No twit,
drinking coke does NOT contribute to diabetes.

If you HAVE uncontrolled diabetes, your consumption of fluids goes way up
until you get your BG to stay below 200, NOT the other way around

No shrieking tantrum child,
screaming at newbies does *NOT* contribute to anyone's quality of life.

Folks who are new? Ted seems to get his rocks off so much screaming at
spammers that he spills it over at innocent questions from newbies. Ignore
him and move on.

Old 31-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Aaron

Peanutjake wrote:
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

PJ

Local store (Giant Foods) has it in 2 liter size. Tried it, not bad.
Unfortunately the store refuses to accept internet coupons. Now I hope
they make Vanilla Coke with Splenda!!

--
I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.

I dye my hair so much my driver's license
has a color wheel. Nancy Mura
Old 31-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Marc L.

Alan S wrote in
:

I accept that I'm ignorant - if I knew it all I wouldn't
need to be here.

Must remember that.

--
Marc

Old 31-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Marc L.

ted rosenberg wrote in news:429b6d4c$0$16702
:

No twit,
drinking coke does NOT contribute to diabetes.

This statement cannot have any positive relation with reality.

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Marc L.

Mak wrote in
:

my mistake, for some reason I inserted the word Diet before the word
Coke in my mind when I was reading it, when it wasn't there to begin
with. I apologize.

Oh, in that case, I too.

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Marc L.

Mak wrote in
:

okay. I guess your perfection on earth.

Nope, I too can make a miss teak. Shake?

--
Marc
Old 31-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Mak

On Tue, 31 May 2005 01:09:18 GMT, "Marc L."
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

Mak wrote in
:

okay. I guess your perfection on earth.

Nope, I too can make a miss teak. Shake?

{{{{{{{How}}}}}} {{{{{{Long}}}}}} {{{{{{{Do}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{We}}}}}}} {{{{{Need}}}}}} {{{{{{{To}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{Keep}}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{This}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{Up?}}}}}}}}}

Mck
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Old 31-05-2005, 03:08 AM
ted rosenberg

Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

mrslang wrote:
ted rosenberg stopped his tourettes long enough to sputter:

No twit,
drinking coke does NOT contribute to diabetes.

well, turdmonger, it does if a person drinks lots of it and it puts on
weight because of it. excess weight CAN contribute to Type 2 diabetes.

If you HAVE uncontrolled diabetes, your consumption of fluids goes way
up until you get your BG to stay below 200, NOT the other way around

did you even read the thread, fartknocker? the peson who posted the
message said that coke did contribute to his added weight and that
means it increased the possibility of type 2

hey at least mack was big enough to admit he was wrong. now how about
you twaddle walker?

Sally

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"

Old 31-05-2005, 03:13 AM
ted rosenberg

Alan, the blithering idiots who come on with tales of woe about
sweeteners have LONG since used up any slack I would be willing to cut them.

THEN, the google, and get ALL of the phony and meaningless crap.

Next we will be getting the tooth fairy coke story, or the chromium
fender one.
SHESH

Alan S wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:45:17 -0400, ted rosenberg
wrote:

another asshole who likes to demonstrate his ignorance

Ted, that's not a statement I'd make too often if I were
you. Ignorance includes failure to check the backgrounds of
posters to see if they're genuine before wading in wearing
hob-nailed boots.

I accept that I'm ignorant - if I knew it all I wouldn't
need to be here.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Old 31-05-2005, 03:25 AM
mrslang

ted rosenberg wrote:
Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
the chances of type 2 diabetes?

How's this for FACTS:

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Now apologize for being an asswipe.

Sally

Old 31-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Langerhans

mrslang wrote:
ted rosenberg wrote:

Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
the chances of type 2 diabetes?

How's this for FACTS:

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Now apologize for being an asswipe.

Sally

Now I remember why I divorced you.
Old 31-05-2005, 04:53 AM
mrslang

Langerhans wrote:
mrslang wrote:
ted rosenberg wrote:

Gee, how much misinformation can you give?

TRY, TRY to use facts, not old wives tales.

hey buttface, are you saying that excessive weight does not increase
the chances of type 2 diabetes?

How's this for FACTS:

http://www.tinyurl.com/blrtw

Now apologize for being an asswipe.

Sally

Now I remember why I divorced you.

LOL!!!

Sally
now I better hope my real hubby doesn't read this newsgroup!

Old 31-05-2005, 06:25 AM
Karen Sexton

On 26 May 2005 00:39:52 -0700, "Pete" wrote:

And you have to install software in order to print the coupon.
Any spyware or adware installed at the same time?

I wondered the very same thing when I went to download the coupon, so
didn't.

I am anxious to try it. I've been drinking Diet Rite (love their
tangerine--although I limit myself to one soda a day at dinner.)
because of all the horrors I've read about nutra-sweet... so don't
anyone post the horrors of Splenda yet!

I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink about
2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered it in tall
glass bottles (bottled in Mexico) at a local market. Hard to believe I
haven't touched a drop in 6 months.

Hello,

I am a newbie here (I posted the question about chocolate recipes-)

I just have to say I hate diet sodas- all of them- and I don't even
like Coke- prefer Pepsi and Dr. Pepper:-) but I tried Diet Coke with
Lime, and I think it's terrific! satisfies me. I think Splenda is
better for a person than Aspartame is, though, so I drink Pepsi Edge-
but it contains 1/2 sugar- the other half is Splenda.

Why is it we can get a man to the moon, but we can't make a good
sweetener that tastes like sugar and doesn't give one " the runs"?

KS