Richard R.

Default Cheese cake

Noticed in the store soday that cream cheese is low carb.

Is there a recipe for a low carb sugar free cheese cake?

Jennifer

There sure is!!!

It's a classic.

Here you go:

MYRA'S NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 1/4 cups finely ground almonds OR other nuts
Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Topping:
2 cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar

Filling:
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a bowl, combine the almonds, 1 tablespoon sweetener and melted butter
until combined. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill in
the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

In a bowl, mix the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon
sweetener until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sweetener until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Blend in
the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan, and bake at 350
degree for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge
and center comes clean. With a spatula, spread the sour cream mixture
over the top, making sure you reach to the edges of the pan. Return cake
to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.

Remove cake from oven, allow to cool to room temperature (cake will
settle in the pan). Slide a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen
it, then remove the springform ring. Keep chilled in the refrigerator.

Makes 16 servings, about 5 grams of carbs per serving if made with
almonds

Richard R. wrote:

> Noticed in the store soday that cream cheese is low carb.
>
> Is there a recipe for a low carb sugar free cheese cake?

Siobhan Perricone

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:01:55 -0500, Richard R. <> wrote:

>Noticed in the store soday that cream cheese is low carb.
>
>Is there a recipe for a low carb sugar free cheese cake?

Siobhan's Version of Marx Brothers Cheesecake

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
2.5 cups *finely* ground nuts (I use walnuts, their effective carbs are
close enough to nil so as not to count) Toasted before grinding if you
prefer the flavour

6 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature (I didn't say it was low
fat, nonfat cream cheese doesn't bake up as nicely and has more carbs) 2
cups plus 2 tbsp Splenda (you can buy this at the grocery store, it comes
in "large" yellow boxes. I use Splenda because of the superior flavour and
because it can be cooked without breaking down)
4 large eggs and 1 large egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla extract (you can use 2 tsp if you prefer, I like my vanilla
strong)
1/2 cup sour cream (you can use nonfat sour cream with impunity)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Rub 2 tbsp butter on bottom and sides of 10
inch springform pan (a 9 inch pan works fine too) with 3 inch high sides.
Take some of the ground nuts and "dust" the bottom and sides of the pan
(like you would with flour). Mix 2 tbsp Splenda in with the rest of the
nuts. Mix the rest of the butter with the rest of the nuts until crumbly,
and press the nut mixture into the *bottom* of the pan and set aside. Beat
cream cheese in large bowl until softened, add eggs and yolk, then beat
until thoroughly mixed. Add Splenda one cup at a time (mixing between
additions), mix in vanilla, then set to high and beat until smooth and a
little fluffy. FOLD in sour cream. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake
in preheated oven (DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR DURING BAKING) until a *knife*
inserted 2 inches from the center comes out clean (this takes 1.5 hours).
Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 20
minutes. Take the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely on
the counter before covering and putting in the fridge over night. You can
cut this into 8ths, but that's a BIG piece of cheesecake. Better to cut it
into 16ths because it's so rich and dense.

A 16th of this cake only has roughly 7 carbs, an 8th is roughly 14 carbs
(allowing for rounding error).

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
Siobhan Perricone

cheese cake [email protected] Baking 0 12-03-2008 06:44 AM
cheese cake Zarith General Cooking 6 11-09-2007 03:39 AM
Cut the cheese - cake [pic] Dee Randall General Cooking 24 23-01-2006 01:41 PM
Sf cheese cake. Pandora General Cooking 35 14-10-2005 11:07 AM
# Cake for Damsel - Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 0 31-01-2005 03:38 PM