Default St Patrick's day, lets party

We always have a huge St Patick's day party. Our guests number about
30.
We start cooking next week. We do wonderful corned beef some in the
boiled pot with all kinds of vegies and the baked/roasted in the oven
with beer and chili sauce. This is really great.
I make all the Irish Soda bread both white and wheat. Fresh Kerigold
butter in on the table for dressing the breads and vegies.
I grow, yes indeed grow my own shamrocks from seeds from Ireland.
We have hot and iced Irish tea, a mint chocolate drink with Vodka...not
for the faint hearted. Several types of mustard and horseraddish.
The vegies that go with the boiled dinner are Cabbage, new wax
potatoes, carrots,parsnips and new onions. I make a giant Irish stew
of lamb, potatoes, carrots, onions and peas. So, there is plenty to
eat.
Dessert is a Triffle, Ice cream balls rolled in green coconut, several
cakes and low carb low calorie Key Lime Pie.
There are a number who are Diabetics and who know how to eat and eat
very well picking and chosing haveing experienced what to eat that is
best for them by testing with their meters.
I know this seems excessive and self serving but can any of you think
of anything to add for more LC choices. Fruit is going to be on board
but I feel as though I am missing something and don't want to be a bad
host.
For my 20+ years with this disease I have tried all kinds of diets and
it fits me best to eat modestly but I don't cut carbs or even go out of
the way to make them too low. I would seem that the basics of
potatoes, rice and pasta are okay with this strange body but an orange
will set me off for the day.
We are just all different. Guess this is too long but I will get more
precise as I learn how to use this computer.
Thanks for all you patience.
John

Don't know if one is supposed to reply to their own messages but the
above is written to make me feel really good as to us St Patrick's Day
and Spring mean the same things.
I is a grazing day, not a sit down and stuff day unless you are able to
do that.
Take care all and have a blessed St Patrick's day
John

Don't know if one is supposed to reply to their own messages but the
above is written to make me feel really good as to us St Patrick's Day
and Spring mean the same things.
I is a grazing day, not a sit down and stuff day unless you are able to
do that.
Take care all and have a blessed St Patrick's day
John

Lets be in the Category [email protected] General Cooking 5 31-08-2014 01:59 PM
St. Patrick's party this evening Winters_Lackey General Cooking 4 19-03-2014 02:41 AM
OK lets get serious RodS Diabetic 14 08-01-2012 12:28 AM
Lets talk HOT SAUCE!!! Backstage Artis Recipes 0 06-06-2011 10:59 PM
LETS KILL GOD [email protected] General Cooking 12 01-12-2007 10:24 PM