BJPruett

Default A diabetic medical question re Novolog insulin

The reason I am placing this request for help on this newsgroup is
because I use the newsgroup quite a bit and know there are other
diabetics online here. I'm having some medical problems and would like
to find someone who might be able to offer me some solutions.

I'm diabetic and am taking 30 units of Novolog Mix 70/30 twice a day
(morning and evening).
But it makes me very sleepy and I am spending way too much time in bed
during the day.
I force myself to get up but then have no energy or natural enthusiasm.
And there are times when my feet and my legs (from my knees down) hurt a
lot, enough to make my daily walks very slow and difficult.

I've just finished a several months time period where I took no
medication at all and got back my old energy, and my legs and feet quit
hurting. Everything was much better except for my sugar level, which
shot up to the danger point and stayed there despite my strict eating
habits. I kept my carb intake and calories extremely low.

My doctor talked me into going back on the Novolog insulin shots last
month. Within a week the sleepiness and leg/foot pain returned.

Has anyone on this newsgroup had the same problem? If so, what did you
do about it?

I can't switch to taking pills instead of the shots. Over the years I
have taken every different pill available and each one has made me sick,
some extremely so. The insulin shots are the least damaging medicine I
have tried so there isn't any alternative to them at this point. My
body seems to be allergic to all diabetic medicine but I would like to
find a way to fight the symptoms I'm having from the shots. Any
suggestions????

You can write me via this newsgroup or at my email address:

Thanks,

Barbara

Alan S

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 05:35:45 GMT, BJPruett >
wrote:

|The reason I am placing this request for help on this newsgroup is
|because I use the newsgroup quite a bit and know there are other
|diabetics online here. I'm having some medical problems and would like
|to find someone who might be able to offer me some solutions.
|
|<snip>
Hi Barbara

I hope you do get a response here. I'm a type 2, but I don't use meds
yet, so I can't really help beyond some suggestions I can pass on
about diet and testing if you want to hear them.

However, you would reach a much wider reading audience if you re-post
this on either misc.health.diabetes or alt.support.diabetes.

Good luck,

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Alan S

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:44:03 +1100, Alan S
> wrote:

|However, you would reach a much wider reading audience if you re-post
|this on either misc.health.diabetes or alt.support.diabetes.

Oops - I see you took my advice - before I gave it:-)

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? Todd Diabetic 125 13-04-2013 05:57 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 03:44 AM
new diabetic question - restaurant carb counting Douglas Sur Diabetic 63 24-01-2005 05:06 PM
new diabetic question - restaurant carb counting Douglas Sur Diabetic 0 18-01-2005 03:35 AM