Jennifer

Default REC: Spaghetti Squash Patties

Spaghetti Squash Patties

A pancake without any starch, these little gems
make great side dishes. You can dress them up
with all kinds of sauces or dressing, but
sometimes they are nice simply cooked in olive
oil and sprinkled with a little salt and coarsely
ground pepper.

6 C spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite
method and separated into strands
4 eggs
2 T chopped green onion or chives
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for skillet

Makes About 30 Patties

Add eggs, onion or chives, salt and pepper to
cooked spaghetti squash. Form into 3 inch
patties. Heat oil in a skillet and cook for 3-4
minutes on each side.

For a different flavor, you can sauté the patties in butter.

Hahabogus

Jennifer > wrote in
:

> Spaghetti Squash

Thai Spaghetti Squash
- Low Carb Recipes

The original recipe was 508 grams of carb for the total recipe, serves 6-
8 Here's the makeover for a side dish that is now chilling in my
refrigerator. First of all the original called for a pound of spaghetti
for 8 people. My side dish calls for a pound of spaghetti squash, but
the serving size will be smaller, so the sauce ingredients need to be
less. I also substituted green peppers for the carrots, and processed the
peanuts myself for the peanut butter. The new recipe has 98.6 grams of
carb for the whole recipe. 1/8 of the recipe is 12.8 grams of carb, but I
would eat a smaller serving. YMMV.

1/3 cup peanuts
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk (optional)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (more if desired)
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (or 4 cups shredded zucchini)
2 cucumbers
4 ounces green pepper, shredded
3 green onions, chopped coarsely

In food processor, chop peanuts very fine. Add soy sauce, unsweetened
coconut milk, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, pepper, and salt. Process
until it is the consistency you like. Separate squash into strands. Peel,
halve, and core cucumbers. Slice thinly. Add remaining ingredients, and
peanut sauce, and toss together. Chill until ready to serve.

Nutrition info for recipe: 788.6 cal 37.6 g. fat 102.1 g. carb 23.9 g.
fiber 31.9 g protein (If using 4 cups zucchini, carbs are 89.3 grams for
whole recipe; 30.2 grams fiber)

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
Cande Filip

Yummy, Jennifer. I am going to make this for supper tomorrow! Thanks, this
one goes in my to make file.

Cande