Virginia Tadrzynski

Default PING: Diabetes patients and families

Okay, I am a lurker on alt.food.diabetic, but a regular on rfc. Here's the
story: Husband's baby sister's husband, an all around good guy, pedestal
type of personality (all who knew him felt he belonged on one), developed a
small nick on his foot. Lots of death and angst going on in family (my
hub's and his wife's mother is in hospice) so he put off getting anything
checked. Finally, after not healing for over a month, he went to the doctor
who found he had diabetes (it ran in his family, why he never thought to get
it checked, we'll never know) and would now have to undergo surgery to
remove the infected tissue from his foot and possibly a toe.

While on the operating table, he suffered a massive stroke resulting in his
being put on life support. This was reportedly due to his not dealing
correctly with his condition. Today at 2:00, he will be removed. He is
only 40.

So, if anything just 'isn't right'.....get it checked, especially if you
have diabetes or it runs in your family. If not for yourself, for those you
love so they don't have to mourn a loss too soon.
-Ginny

--
"There are weapons of mass destruction.....and Dick Cheney has the receipt"
.. -Prof. Irwin Corey

Alan

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:13:43 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

|Okay, I am a lurker on alt.food.diabetic, but a regular on rfc. Here's the
|story: Husband's baby sister's husband, an all around good guy, pedestal
|type of personality (all who knew him felt he belonged on one), developed a
|small nick on his foot. Lots of death and angst going on in family (my
|hub's and his wife's mother is in hospice) so he put off getting anything
|checked. Finally, after not healing for over a month, he went to the doctor
|who found he had diabetes (it ran in his family, why he never thought to get
|it checked, we'll never know) and would now have to undergo surgery to
|remove the infected tissue from his foot and possibly a toe.
|
|While on the operating table, he suffered a massive stroke resulting in his
|being put on life support. This was reportedly due to his not dealing
|correctly with his condition. Today at 2:00, he will be removed. He is
|only 40.
|
|So, if anything just 'isn't right'.....get it checked, especially if you
|have diabetes or it runs in your family. If not for yourself, for those you
|love so they don't have to mourn a loss too soon.
|-Ginny

Hi Ginny

Sorry to hear of your loss; thanks for the warning. A few current
readers here needed to read it.

Would you mind repeating your story on alt.support.diabetes?

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Kat

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Your story may be
the wake up call that some people need.

--
Kat

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
> Okay, I am a lurker on alt.food.diabetic, but a regular on rfc. Here's
> the
> story: Husband's baby sister's husband, an all around good guy, pedestal
> type of personality (all who knew him felt he belonged on one), developed
> small nick on his foot. Lots of death and angst going on in family (my
> hub's and his wife's mother is in hospice) so he put off getting anything
> checked. Finally, after not healing for over a month, he went to the
> doctor
> who found he had diabetes (it ran in his family, why he never thought to
> get
> it checked, we'll never know) and would now have to undergo surgery to
> remove the infected tissue from his foot and possibly a toe.
>
> While on the operating table, he suffered a massive stroke resulting in
> his
> being put on life support. This was reportedly due to his not dealing
> correctly with his condition. Today at 2:00, he will be removed. He is
> only 40.
>
> So, if anything just 'isn't right'.....get it checked, especially if you
> have diabetes or it runs in your family. If not for yourself, for those
> you
> love so they don't have to mourn a loss too soon.
> -Ginny
>

> --
> "There are weapons of mass destruction.....and Dick Cheney has the
> receipt"
> . -Prof. Irwin Corey

Julie Bove

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

<snip>

> So, if anything just 'isn't right'.....get it checked, especially if you
> have diabetes or it runs in your family. If not for yourself, for those

you
> love so they don't have to mourn a loss too soon.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

--
See my webpage: