Old 16-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Julie Bove

Alan wrote in message

snip

He didn't say he wanted low-carbs. They don't taste so bad for what I
call "factory food". I wouldn't like it if something I cooked tasted

that
way, but, for example, in the winter I use Uncle Ben's Bowl meals for
lunch. While it isn't low carb, it total intake is small enough that I'm
not overwhelmed by carbs.

Actually, he did in his reply to me. The one where I asked him what kind of
diet he was on and whether he was looking for pre-made meals or recipes.
I've heard those rice bowls were good, but far too many carbs for me. And I
don't do low carb!

They include meat (chicken, usually) some veggies, and too much noodles or
rice. However, they taste OK, and are a way for me to eat a "balanced"
lunch instead of something much worse for me, like a candy bar, or chips.

I understand your criticism, but for people who don't want to assemble and
cook a meal, these things have their uses, and 5 minutes in a microwave
makes it a lunch!

I used to eat frozen stuff sometimes when I was working. And I still have
to do it occasionally now. Unfortunately, when I do find something that
actually tastes good, they seem to take it off the market. I see that they
have put the Linda McCartney vegetarian meals back in the freezer section.
They are being marketed as a new item. I remember eating them back in the
'80s. They were one frozen meal I really liked. The new ones are different
varieties and too many carbs for me now.

--
See my webpage:

Old 19-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Chuck

Julie Bove wrote:

Alan wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I have some shopping to do. One
thing I do make, though I can't eat all the time, is stirfried veggies.
The only thing I keep out is onions. As I am afflicted with IBS those
and corn tend to really aggrivate it. (IBS means Irritated Bowel Syndrome)