Jennifer

Default Low Fat, Low Carb, High YUM

One of my favorite side dishes. Works great with salmon!

SWEET-AND-SOUR CUCUMBERS WITH FRESH DILL

This refreshing dish can be prepared and chilled two hours before serving.

2 English hothouse cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total), unpeeled, very
thinly sliced
Or
1 1/2 pounds regular cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced very thin

1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons Splenda
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is
dissolved.

Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 15
minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Hahabogus

Jennifer > wrote in
:

> One of my favorite side dishes. Works great with salmon!
>
> SWEET-AND-SOUR CUCUMBERS WITH FRESH DILL
>
> This refreshing dish can be prepared and chilled two hours before
> serving.
>
> 2 English hothouse cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total), unpeeled, very
> thinly sliced
> Or
> 1 1/2 pounds regular cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced very thin
>
> 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
> 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
> 3 tablespoons Splenda
> 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
>
> Stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is
> dissolved.
>
> Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 15
> minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.
>
> Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Sliced Diakon can be added to this as well, Diakon and cucumbers go well
together.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Jennifer

Hahabogus wrote:

> Sliced Diakon can be added to this as well, Diakon and cucumbers go well
> together.

Absolutely.

This recipe is very adaptable.

A little diced red onion is also good.

Jennifer

Hahabogus

Jennifer > wrote in
:

> Hahabogus wrote:
>
> > Sliced Diakon can be added to this as well, Diakon and cucumbers
> > go well together.

> Absolutely.
>
> This recipe is very adaptable.
>
> A little diced red onion is also good.
>
> Jennifer

My perfect side dish is just a chunked up cucumber with a pepper ranch or
garlic ranch dressing...The taste really appeals to me.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Jennifer

What I like about this one is that it bridges the low carb / low fat chasm.

You can serve it to almost anybody on any food plan... AND it tastes great.

Jennifer