Old 23-11-2004, 01:53 AM
Julie Bove

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message

too much water Julie...... it froths and turns pink if too much water

my cranberry sauce is always red with a slight pinkish froth if i boil it
too hard

Hmmm... I don't recall adding any water to it. I've tried several
different recipes, using both Splenda and Aspartame and it always comes out
pink.

--
See my webpage:

Old 23-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Colleen

Made this last night. It was good.

1 bag cranberries, well rinsed
Splenda to taste
1 cup raspberries
one packet knox geletain

Place berries in saucepand with about 1/2 cup water. (Should just cover the
bottom of the pan about 1/2 inch)
Simmer on medium heat until berries pop and break apart.
Add raspberries (I used frozen)

Mix geletain according to directions. Add enough to about double the volume
of the berries.

Chill

This isn't a really firm cranberry sauce but the raspberries give it a
really nice flavor.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Galileo Galilie

My artwork: www.plazaearth.com/philo
-------------------------------
"BJ in Texas" wrote in message
. com...
Looking for a DM freindly Cranberry Sauce Recipe.
Can anyone help?

BJ in Texas
Address munged, make the obvious change.

Old 24-11-2004, 01:17 PM
BJ in Texas

Colleen wrote:
|| Made this last night. It was good.
|| 1 bag cranberries, well rinsed
|| Splenda to taste
|| 1 cup raspberries
|| one packet knox geletain
|| Place berries in saucepand with about 1/2 cup water. (Should
|| just cover the bottom of the pan about 1/2 inch)
|| Simmer on medium heat until berries pop and break apart.
|| Add raspberries (I used frozen)
|| Mix geletain according to directions. Add enough to about
|| double the volume of the berries.

Why do some recipes add geletain or xathan gum to cranberry
sauce? It appears that cranberries contain enough pectin to
thicken up nicely by themselves.

BJ

Old 24-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Colleen

Might be the amount of water I use. The geletain seems to give it just a
bit more body. I also make my own stuffing using low carb whole grain
bread. I just dry the bread, cube it, season it and make it like a regular
stuffing. The bread I use is really nutty so it give it a really good
flavor. Everyone loves it an no one knows it's low carb.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Galileo Galilie

My artwork: www.plazaearth.com/philo
-------------------------------
"BJ in Texas" wrote in message
. com...

Old 24-11-2004, 06:37 PM
BJ in Texas

Colleen wrote:
|| Might be the amount of water I use. The geletain seems to
|| give it just a bit more body.

Makes sense.... :-) BJ

Old 29-11-2004, 04:45 AM
Hahabogus

"Julie Bove" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message

too much water Julie...... it froths and turns pink if too much
water

my cranberry sauce is always red with a slight pinkish froth if i
boil it too hard

Hmmm... I don't recall adding any water to it. I've tried several
different recipes, using both Splenda and Aspartame and it always
comes out pink.

You put about 2 oz of orange juice in a small pot over med-low
heat....you add the bag of crabberries and possibly the zest from the
orange. After the berries have finished bursting (5-10 minutes) you add
2 pkgs of sweetner (equivalent to 4 tsp sugar) off the heat; stir well
and taste so you can adjust sweetness if needed. There is no reason to
bring the cranberries to a boil...a good simmer will do the job. And if
you add the sweetner at the end you need less of it (don't know why). You
can add sliced toasted almonds and/or orange liquer if you desire. Brown
sugar flavoured sweetner adds a nice flavour. I like it a little
tart...hides sweetner after taste.

Yeah I know oj juice is carbish but 2 oz in something you're suppose to
use by the tablespoon averages out.

check the cranberries before they go in the pot...chuck out the bad ones
if any.

I help along the berries that don't seem to want to burst by pressing
them against the side of the pot, while stiring.

Maybe you are having a reaction due to the type of pot...I use a non-
stick non-reactive pot.

Works for me
--
Starchless in Manitoba.