Sherry

Default Sugar-free syrup

What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
one without going broke

Sherry
eClare

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of

maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a

decent
> one without going broke
>
> Sherry

E.D. Smith 375 ml bottle just a couple of dollars - No Sugar Added
syrup. Sweetened with White Grape Juice and Sucralose. Tastes like
maple syrup and tastes good.
3 tbspn= 30 calories, 7.4g carbs
Clare

eClare

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of

maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a

decent
> one without going broke
>
> Sherry

E.D. Smith 375 ml bottle just a couple of dollars - No Sugar Added
syrup. Sweetened with White Grape Juice and Sucralose. Tastes like
maple syrup and tastes good.
3 tbspn= 30 calories, 7.4g carbs
Clare

Julie Bove

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
> one without going broke

None! I think I've tried all of them. Some might smell good, but I have
yet to find any that have good flavor and they're all really runny. The
best substitute I've found is maple flavored sprinkles that I ordered
online. They're okay on French Toast with butter. The texture is odd, but
they do have good flavor.

--
See my webpage:

Julie Bove

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
> one without going broke

None! I think I've tried all of them. Some might smell good, but I have
yet to find any that have good flavor and they're all really runny. The
best substitute I've found is maple flavored sprinkles that I ordered
online. They're okay on French Toast with butter. The texture is odd, but
they do have good flavor.

--
See my webpage:

CINQUEZ

Greetings,
Where can this product be found & is there a website?

Thanks

Siobhan Perricone

On 14 Nov 2004 02:17:52 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

>What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
>flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
>one without going broke

I buy sugar free syrup from Maple Grove Farms (which is a local Vermont
sugar house). It's called Cozy Cottate Sugar Free. It's made with splenda.
It's got a good maple flavour, but it does have a bit of an aftertaste if
you just taste it on your tongue. I don't notice the aftertaste when I'm
eating it on things, though. It has 4 carbs per quarter cup.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
Peanutjake

Sherry > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
> one without going broke
>
> Sherry

Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
Many sugar free products are high carb.
They are not for diabetics.
Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.

For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their regular
ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream which is quite
different than their sugar free product.

PJ

Peanutjake

Sherry > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of maple-
> flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to find a decent
> one without going broke
>
> Sherry

Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
Many sugar free products are high carb.
They are not for diabetics.
Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.

For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their regular
ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream which is quite
different than their sugar free product.

PJ

Sherry

"Peanutjake" > wrote in
:

> Sherry > wrote in message
> . 1.4...
>> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
>> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
>> find a decent one without going broke
>>
>> Sherry

> Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
> Many sugar free products are high carb.
> They are not for diabetics.
> Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
>
> For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
> regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
> which is quite different than their sugar free product.
>
> PJ

Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
milk and other ingredients in it.

It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
flavoring, again basically all sugar.

What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
carbs than a slice of toast)

Sherry

Sherry

"Peanutjake" > wrote in
:

> Sherry > wrote in message
> . 1.4...
>> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
>> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
>> find a decent one without going broke
>>
>> Sherry

> Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
> Many sugar free products are high carb.
> They are not for diabetics.
> Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
>
> For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
> regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
> which is quite different than their sugar free product.
>
> PJ

Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
milk and other ingredients in it.

It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
flavoring, again basically all sugar.

What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
carbs than a slice of toast)

Sherry
Tiger Lily

http://www.recipes-from-friends.com/lowcarb/banliq.htm

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/sauce108.html

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/lo...aplesyrup.html

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Peanutjake" > wrote in
> :
>

> > Sherry > wrote in message
> > . 1.4...
> >> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
> >> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
> >> find a decent one without going broke
> >>
> >> Sherry

> > Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
> > Many sugar free products are high carb.
> > They are not for diabetics.
> > Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
> >
> > For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
> > regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
> > which is quite different than their sugar free product.
> >
> > PJ

> Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
> milk and other ingredients in it.
>
> It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
> syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
> flavoring, again basically all sugar.
>
> What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
> corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
> of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
> waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
> I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
> tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
> a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
> carbs than a slice of toast)
>
> Sherry

Tiger Lily

http://www.recipes-from-friends.com/lowcarb/banliq.htm

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/sauce108.html

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/lo...aplesyrup.html

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Peanutjake" > wrote in
> :
>

> > Sherry > wrote in message
> > . 1.4...
> >> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
> >> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
> >> find a decent one without going broke
> >>
> >> Sherry

> > Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
> > Many sugar free products are high carb.
> > They are not for diabetics.
> > Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
> >
> > For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
> > regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
> > which is quite different than their sugar free product.
> >
> > PJ

> Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
> milk and other ingredients in it.
>
> It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
> syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
> flavoring, again basically all sugar.
>
> What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
> corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
> of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
> waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
> I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
> tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
> a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
> carbs than a slice of toast)
>
> Sherry

eClare

"CINQUEZ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Greetings,
> Where can this product be found & is there a website?
>
> Thanks

http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
too.

Jack Allen

Check out Log Cabin.
"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Peanutjake" > wrote in
> :
>

>> Sherry > wrote in message
>> . 1.4...
>>> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
>>> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
>>> find a decent one without going broke
>>>
>>> Sherry

>> Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
>> Many sugar free products are high carb.
>> They are not for diabetics.
>> Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
>>
>> For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
>> regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
>> which is quite different than their sugar free product.
>>
>> PJ

> Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
> milk and other ingredients in it.
>
> It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
> syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
> flavoring, again basically all sugar.
>
> What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
> corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
> of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
> waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
> I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
> tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
> a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
> carbs than a slice of toast)
>
> Sherry

Jack Allen

Check out Log Cabin.
"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Peanutjake" > wrote in
> :
>

>> Sherry > wrote in message
>> . 1.4...
>>> What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
>>> maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
>>> find a decent one without going broke
>>>
>>> Sherry

>> Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
>> Many sugar free products are high carb.
>> They are not for diabetics.
>> Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.
>>
>> For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
>> regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
>> which is quite different than their sugar free product.
>>
>> PJ

> Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
> milk and other ingredients in it.
>
> It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
> syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
> flavoring, again basically all sugar.
>
> What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
> corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
> of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
> waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
> I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
> tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
> a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
> carbs than a slice of toast)
>
> Sherry

Sherry

"eClare" > wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
@pd7tw2no:
<snip>

> http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
> Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
> selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
> too.

I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
They don't do online sales either.

Bummer.

Sherry
Siobhan Perricone

On 15 Nov 2004 16:41:20 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

>"eClare" > wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
>@pd7tw2no:
><snip>
>
>> http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
>> Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
>> selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
>> too.

>I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
>available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
>their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
>They don't do online sales either.

http://www.maplegrove.com/sugar_free.asp

They'll sell to you, happily.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
Siobhan Perricone

On 15 Nov 2004 16:41:20 GMT, Sherry > wrote:

>"eClare" > wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
>@pd7tw2no:
><snip>
>
>> http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
>> Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
>> selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
>> too.

>I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
>available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
>their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
>They don't do online sales either.

http://www.maplegrove.com/sugar_free.asp

They'll sell to you, happily.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,
God wrote the rocks
-- Word of God by Kathy Mar
MoPaMaN

"Siobhan Perricone" > wrote in message
> On 15 Nov 2004 16:41:20 GMT, Sherry > wrote:
>
> >"eClare" > wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
> >@pd7tw2no:
> ><snip>
> >
> >> http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
> >> Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
> >> selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
> >> too.

> >I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
> >available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
> >their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
> >They don't do online sales either.

> http://www.maplegrove.com/sugar_free.asp
>
> They'll sell to you, happily.

I used their salad dressings. They're good and cheap where I shop.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Yo Jimbo

I use Log Cabin.low calorie made with Spenda. It's Ok but that's about the best brand I
found.

Yo Jimbo

I use Log Cabin.low calorie made with Spenda. It's Ok but that's about the best brand I
found.

† cal

Davinci's make excellent sugar free flavorings.....sweetened with
sucralose. Can be bought online or in a few select stores.

They have a "ton" of flavorings.....check their website.

Julie Bove

"? cal" > wrote in message
> Davinci's make excellent sugar free flavorings.....sweetened with
> sucralose. Can be bought online or in a few select stores.
>
> They have a "ton" of flavorings.....check their website.

I like their syrups for snow cones, but I think the maple syrup is too thin
for use on pancakes.

--
See my webpage:

Anyone interested in tasty , Healthy, sugar free microwave and other sugar less recipes Sweet Sugar Less Diva Recipes Diabetic 3 26-10-2007 06:41 PM
Sugar free maple syrup Phil Hawkins Diabetic 7 16-04-2006 03:45 AM
Sugar syrup PanHandler Recipes 0 29-12-2005 06:49 PM
sugar free syrup / peppermint mocha dilemma tennladyj General Cooking 2 08-12-2004 08:36 PM
sugar free syrup / peppermint mocha dilemma tennladyj General Cooking 0 07-12-2004 05:01 PM