Old 15-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Jack Allen

Check out Log Cabin.
"Sherry" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Peanutjake" wrote in
:

Sherry wrote in message
. 1.4...
What's the favorite sugar-free syrup of everyone? Thinking of
maple- flavored here. They all taste weird to me.... trying to
find a decent one without going broke

Sherry

Don't be fooled by products called "sugar free."
Many sugar free products are high carb.
They are not for diabetics.
Look for things that are lower carb compared to similar things.

For example, Briars Sugar Free ice cream has more carbs than their
regular ice cream. They do make a very good low carb ice cream
which is quite different than their sugar free product.

PJ

Well, I realize that of course. Ice cream has carbs because of the
milk and other ingredients in it.

It's just that 100% maple syrup is all sugar and that maple-flavored
syrups are corn syrup with either a bit of real maple in it or maple
flavoring, again basically all sugar.

What I'm looking for is a "maple syrup" with neither maple syrup nor
corn-syrup in it. What I've seen on the shelves has about 9-12 grams
of carbs per 1/4 cup and I certainly don't use that much syrup on their
waffles or pancakes. Since I'm not on Atkins but do control my carbs,
I'm looking for something that doesn't have 12 grams of carbs per
tablespoon! (BTW, the waffles and pancakes my hubby makes always have
a bunch of bran added and the pancakes are very thin - probably less
carbs than a slice of toast)

Sherry

Old 15-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Sherry

"eClare" wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
@pd7tw2no:
snip

http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
too.

I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
They don't do online sales either.

Bummer.

Sherry
Old 15-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Siobhan Perricone

On 15 Nov 2004 16:41:20 GMT, Sherry wrote:

"eClare" wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
@pd7tw2no:
snip

http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
too.

I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
They don't do online sales either.

http://www.maplegrove.com/sugar_free.asp

They'll sell to you, happily.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,

Old 15-11-2004, 11:52 PM
MoPaMaN

"Siobhan Perricone" wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2004 16:41:20 GMT, Sherry wrote:

"eClare" wrote in news:kOWld.224731$%k.145857
@pd7tw2no:
snip

http://www.edsmith.com/Allergy.nsf/website/allergypage
Put 'No Sugar Added Syrup' in the Search box. They also have a good
selection of sugar free jams as well that my non diabetic DH likes
too.

I contacted them and they responded that their products are not
available in the US (and I'm assuming other countries as well) but
their products can be found in all major grocery stores in Canada.
They don't do online sales either.

http://www.maplegrove.com/sugar_free.asp

They'll sell to you, happily.

I used their salad dressings. They're good and cheap where I shop.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Old 17-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Yo Jimbo

I use Log Cabin.low calorie made with Spenda. It's Ok but that's about the best brand I
found.

Old 17-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Yo Jimbo

Old 20-11-2004, 04:46 AM
cal

Davinci's make excellent sugar free flavorings.....sweetened with
sucralose. Can be bought online or in a few select stores.

They have a "ton" of flavorings.....check their website.

Old 20-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Julie Bove

"? cal" wrote in message
Davinci's make excellent sugar free flavorings.....sweetened with
sucralose. Can be bought online or in a few select stores.

They have a "ton" of flavorings.....check their website.

I like their syrups for snow cones, but I think the maple syrup is too thin
for use on pancakes.

--
See my webpage:

Anyone interested in tasty , Healthy, sugar free microwave and other sugar less recipes Sweet Sugar Less Diva Recipes Diabetic 3 26-10-2007 06:41 PM
Sugar free maple syrup Phil Hawkins Diabetic 7 16-04-2006 03:45 AM
Sugar syrup PanHandler Recipes 0 29-12-2005 05:49 PM
sugar free syrup / peppermint mocha dilemma tennladyj General Cooking 2 08-12-2004 07:36 PM
sugar free syrup / peppermint mocha dilemma tennladyj General Cooking 0 07-12-2004 04:01 PM