FoodBanter.com

-   -   Dinner tonight (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/429376-re-dinner-tonight.html)

Janet Wilder[_4_] 29-05-2014 03:11 PM

Dinner tonight

On 5/29/2014 8:28 AM, Susan wrote:

> Folks on cooking groups rave about pressure cookers, but I know I'd blow
> my house up, klutz that I am.

I've been using a pressure cooker since I was 11 years old. Never had
an accident. You MUST make sure you have properly closed the lid.

Modern ones have safety features that won't let the pressure build up
unless the lid is closed properly.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Todd 30-05-2014 09:11 PM

Dinner tonight

On 05/29/2014 07:11 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 5/29/2014 8:28 AM, Susan wrote:
>
>> Folks on cooking groups rave about pressure cookers, but I know I'd blow
>> my house up, klutz that I am.

> I've been using a pressure cooker since I was 11 years old. Never had
> an accident. You MUST make sure you have properly closed the lid.
>
> Modern ones have safety features that won't let the pressure build up
> unless the lid is closed properly.

My Kuhn Rikon Duromatic 3343 has two safety blow
valves that I can see. You can't over pressure
it. Love the thing. Seconds as a regular pot too.