Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default The World's Best Breakfasts

On 2/4/2014 10:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message ...
>> Americans are kinda obsessed with breakfast, to the point where we
>> sometimes eat it for every meal of the day. Except actual breakfast,
>> as we overslept. Anachronisms aside, breakfast in the US is a sacred
>> feast that we're absolutely certain we do better than anywhere else in
>> the world. But do we, really? We examined 18 traditional morning meals
>> from across the globe and ranked 'em from "least nourishing" to "even
>> better than French Toast Sticks".
>>

> <link snipped since I don't know this person>
>
> We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
> is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I have
> to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my BG will
> soar.
>
> I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
> without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I did
> like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, cereal, etc.

Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more
so when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good breakfast.

You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add
it to my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any
berry (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers)
is beyond awesome.

My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef
hash and fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table
that's by a big window with any kind of view.

IMNSHO

--
DreadfulBitch

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
......Steven Wright
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

DreadfulBitch formuleerde de vraag :
> On 2/4/2014 10:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message ...
>>> Americans are kinda obsessed with breakfast, to the point where we
>>> sometimes eat it for every meal of the day. Except actual breakfast,
>>> as we overslept. Anachronisms aside, breakfast in the US is a sacred
>>> feast that we're absolutely certain we do better than anywhere else in
>>> the world. But do we, really? We examined 18 traditional morning meals
>>> from across the globe and ranked 'em from "least nourishing" to "even
>>> better than French Toast Sticks".
>>>

>> <link snipped since I don't know this person>
>>
>> We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
>> is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I have
>> to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my BG will
>> soar.
>>
>> I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
>> without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I did
>> like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, cereal, etc.

> Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more so
> when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good breakfast.
>
> You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add it to
> my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any berry
> (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers) is beyond
> awesome.
>
> My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
> scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef hash and
> fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table that's by a
> big window with any kind of view.
>
> IMNSHO

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

M.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 2/4/2014 10:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message ...
>>> Americans are kinda obsessed with breakfast, to the point where we
>>> sometimes eat it for every meal of the day. Except actual breakfast,
>>> as we overslept. Anachronisms aside, breakfast in the US is a sacred
>>> feast that we're absolutely certain we do better than anywhere else in
>>> the world. But do we, really? We examined 18 traditional morning meals
>>> from across the globe and ranked 'em from "least nourishing" to "even
>>> better than French Toast Sticks".
>>>

>> <link snipped since I don't know this person>
>>
>> We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
>> is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I have
>> to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my BG will
>> soar.
>>
>> I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
>> without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I did
>> like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, cereal,
>> etc.

> Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more
> so when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good breakfast.
>
> You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add it
> to my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any berry
> (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers) is beyond
> awesome.
>
> My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
> scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef hash
> and fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table that's
> by a big window with any kind of view.
>
> IMNSHO

I didn't add them because they were never anything I ate much of. I did
have Crepes Suzette a few times and I made them at home but no way could I
eat them now with my egg intolerance. The meal that you listed is just not
something I'd ever eat even if I didn't have food intolerances or diabetes.
Just doesn't appeal.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

> And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
suitable for human consumption.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
> On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
>
>> And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually for
> dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner, all but
> the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee suitable for
> human consumption.

I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
Question: what is beef hash?

M.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Maya Zuiderweg gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
> DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
>> On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
>>
>>> And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

>> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually for
>> dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner, all
>> but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee suitable
>> for human consumption.

> I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
> Question: what is beef hash?
>
> M.

OOPS! I meant "roast beef hash".
M.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 5:35 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
>
>> And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
> for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
> all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
> suitable for human consumption.

I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
to the ones my mother made when I was young.

To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
far too carbish.

Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 9:58 PM, outsider wrote:

> Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

I love cold breakfast pizza, but not all good hot pizzas make good cold
pizza.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Maya Zuiderweg" <$no_spam#ma_dot_zuiderweg_@_me_dot_com#maps_on$ > wrote in
message ...
> Maya Zuiderweg gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
>> DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :

>>> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
>>> for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
>>> all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
>>> suitable for human consumption.

>> I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
>> Question: what is beef hash?
>>
>> M.

> OOPS! I meant "roast beef hash".
> M.

Cooked beef and potatoes all chopped up and fried. Husband likes it. I
don't.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 7:58 PM, outsider wrote:
> On 2/5/2014 5:35 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>> On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
>>
>>> And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

>> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
>> for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
>> all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
>> suitable for human consumption.

> I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
> some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
> good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
> to the ones my mother made when I was young.
>
> To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
> far too carbish.
>
> Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

Anyone here click on the link?
http://tinyurl.com/lbao4eo

Here's full version for those afraid of tinyurl:
http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...al%20is%20tops

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> <link snipped since I don't know this person>
>>>
>>> We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
>>> is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I have
>>> to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my BG will
>>> soar.
>>>
>>> I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
>>> without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I did
>>> like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, cereal,
>>> etc.

>> Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more
>> so when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good breakfast.
>>
>> You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add it
>> to my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any berry
>> (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers) is
>> beyond awesome.
>>
>> My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
>> scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef hash
>> and fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table that's
>> by a big window with any kind of view.
>>
>> IMNSHO
>>

> I didn't add them because they were never anything I ate much of. I did
> have Crepes Suzette a few times and I made them at home but no way could I
> eat them now with my egg intolerance. The meal that you listed is just
> not something I'd ever eat even if I didn't have food intolerances or
> diabetes. Just doesn't appeal.

It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

> wrote in message ...
> On 2/5/2014 7:58 PM, outsider wrote:

>>> Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
>>> for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
>>> all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
>>> suitable for human consumption.

>> I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
>> some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
>> good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
>> to the ones my mother made when I was young.
>>
>> To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
>> far too carbish.
>>
>> Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.
>>

> Anyone here click on the link?
> http://tinyurl.com/lbao4eo
>

> Here's full version for those afraid of tinyurl:
> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...al%20is%20tops

I don't click links from people I don't know.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/6/2014 12:17 AM, Cheri wrote:

> It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

If you're referring to my meal, Cheri, no, it's not. It's also a meal
that I eat 3, maybe 4 times a year. We have a delightful smalltown, mom
& pop restaurant a few miles north of here and breakfast/lunch/brunch -
whatever you want to call it - is always a real treat. It's a bit
pricey for our budget, but it's great fun and if on the right day the
neighboring antique/junk stores are open and awaiting my arrival. (-:

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more
>>> so when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good
>>> breakfast.
>>>
>>> You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add
>>> it to my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any
>>> berry (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers)
>>> is beyond awesome.
>>>
>>> My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
>>> scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef
>>> hash and fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table
>>> that's by a big window with any kind of view.
>>>
>>> IMNSHO
>>>

>> I didn't add them because they were never anything I ate much of. I did
>> have Crepes Suzette a few times and I made them at home but no way could
>> I eat them now with my egg intolerance. The meal that you listed is just
>> not something I'd ever eat even if I didn't have food intolerances or
>> diabetes. Just doesn't appeal.

> It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

That too. I had them back in the 80's. Was not diabetic then and I never
ate a whole order. Husband and I would split them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/6/2014 12:45 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message ...

>>> I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
>>> some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
>>> good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
>>> to the ones my mother made when I was young.
>>>
>>> To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
>>> far too carbish.
>>>
>>> Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.
>>>

>> Anyone here click on the link?
>> http://tinyurl.com/lbao4eo
>>

>> Here's full version for those afraid of tinyurl:
>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...al%20is%20tops
>>

> I don't click links from people I don't know.

That would mean you *never* click a link.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 2/6/2014 12:17 AM, Cheri wrote:
>
>> It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

> If you're referring to my meal, Cheri, no, it's not. It's also a meal
> that I eat 3, maybe 4 times a year. We have a delightful smalltown, mom &
> pop restaurant a few miles north of here and breakfast/lunch/brunch -
> whatever you want to call it - is always a real treat. It's a bit pricey
> for our budget, but it's great fun and if on the right day the neighboring
> antique/junk stores are open and awaiting my arrival. (-:

Well, yeah, I understand that, but this is alt.food.diabetic. It would be
kind of like posting the best cigarette prices, the most satisfying
cigarettes etc., in the non smoking groups. JMO, and I do have 4 or 5 days a
year when I pretty much eat what I want too. :-)

Cheri