FoodBanter.com

-   -   Beef Stroganoff ??? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/426886-beef-stroganoff.html)

Todd 24-12-2013 01:55 AM

Beef Stroganoff ???

Hi All,

I was nosing around on Mark's cooking site and came across
this recipe for Beef Stroganoff. What do you guys
think? Would you make any modifications? Andy favorite
recipe of your own?

Many thanks,
-T

Beef Stroganoff:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/beef-stroganoff/

1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 ml)
1 1/2 pounds (680 g) beef tenderloin or sirloin, cut into 1/4-inch
thick slices (6 mm) that are 2 to 3 inches in length
(5 cm to 7.6 cm)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30 m)
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (60 ml)
8 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced (230 g)
1 cup beef stock (250 ml)
1/2 cup coconut milk (125 ml)
1 cup heavy cream (250 ml)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
Chopped fresh parsley or dill for an optional garnish

Instructions:

Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the coconut oil in a
large skillet (12-inch or more) over high heat until the skillet is very
hot. Add half of the beef strips, cooking for 1 minute on each side to
brown. Put the cooked meat in a bowl. Let the pan heat up again before
browning the rest of the meat. Add the second batch of meat to the bowl.

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-12-2013 05:31 AM

Beef Stroganoff ???

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I was nosing around on Mark's cooking site and came across
> this recipe for Beef Stroganoff. What do you guys
> think? Would you make any modifications? Andy favorite
> recipe of your own?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

<snip>

Who is Andy?

pavane[_5_] 24-12-2013 05:40 AM

Beef Stroganoff ???

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I was nosing around on Mark's cooking site and came across
> this recipe for Beef Stroganoff. What do you guys
> think? Would you make any modifications? Andy favorite
> recipe of your own?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T
>

> Beef Stroganoff:
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/beef-stroganoff/
>
> 1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 ml)
> 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) beef tenderloin or sirloin, cut into 1/4-inch
> thick slices (6 mm) that are 2 to 3 inches in length
> (5 cm to 7.6 cm)
> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30 m)
> 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (60 ml)
> 8 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced (230 g)
> 1 cup beef stock (250 ml)
> 1/2 cup coconut milk (125 ml)
> 1 cup heavy cream (250 ml)
> 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
> Chopped fresh parsley or dill for an optional garnish
>
> Instructions:
>
> Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the coconut oil in a
> large skillet (12-inch or more) over high heat until the skillet is very
> hot. Add half of the beef strips, cooking for 1 minute on each side to
> brown. Put the cooked meat in a bowl. Let the pan heat up again before
> browning the rest of the meat. Add the second batch of meat to the bowl.

Back in the day Beef Stroganoff was *the* dish that a
bachelor would master with a chafing dish and make tableside
for the female who was to be impressed. I recall a bit of fire,
possibly flaming the beef and mushrooms before adding
the sauce ingredients. As for carbs I wouldn't change a thing,
it is pretty well minimalized and I am quite curious as to how
it would taste made with all coconut milk. Gotta try this soon,
thanks for posting it.

pavane

pavane[_5_] 24-12-2013 05:48 AM

Beef Stroganoff ???

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was nosing around on Mark's cooking site and came across
>> this recipe for Beef Stroganoff. What do you guys
>> think? Would you make any modifications? Andy favorite
>> recipe of your own?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T

> <snip>
>
> Who is Andy?

In good times when the Trivial Spelling Error Police were absent
he went by the nickname of "Any."

pavane

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-12-2013 06:03 AM

Beef Stroganoff ???

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I was nosing around on Mark's cooking site and came across
>>> this recipe for Beef Stroganoff. What do you guys
>>> think? Would you make any modifications? Andy favorite
>>> recipe of your own?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T

>> <snip>
>>
>> Who is Andy?

> In good times when the Trivial Spelling Error Police were absent
> he went by the nickname of "Any."

Ohhhhhh.