Old 22-12-2013, 08:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julienner?

"Cheri" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T

I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot
of French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife.
But I do have things of that brand and they are good.

It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that
look like spaghetti.

Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?

If they used that peeler, the fries would be the size of spaghetti. I've
never seen fries that thin.

Hmmm... Okay. I think the Pik Nik are though.

Old 22-12-2013, 06:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:

: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...

: Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: a potato peeler first.

: Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like squash.

: Cheri

Iwas just suggesting he Look at One, as he doesn't sseem to know what a
mandoline is and it is easier to see it than to descrobe it.

Wendy
Old 22-12-2013, 07:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:

: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...

: Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: a potato peeler first.

: Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like
squash.

: Cheri

Iwas just suggesting he Look at One, as he doesn't sseem to know what a
mandoline is and it is easier to see it than to descrobe it.

Wendy

I wasn't talking about the mandoline, I was talking about a julienne peeler
as opposed to a regular potato peeler.

Cheri