Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default any easy way to peal an egg?

Hi All,

I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
any easier way to do it?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
> Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
> any easier way to do it?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Try pulling the rope. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:54:49 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
>Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
>any easier way to do it?
>
>Many thanks,
>-T

You will get advice to only use old eggs for hard boiling.
We raise our own hens and have no intention of letting the eggs age if
we want deviled eggs or egg salad.
First, don't boil them. Absolute best way is to steam them. Even fresh
from the hen eggs peel just fine using this method:

Put an inch or two of water in a pot.
Place eggs in a suitable container like a colander and put it in the
pot. Do not let the water touch the eggs.
Cover the pot.
Bring the water to a boil.
Continue boiling for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes.
Fill the pot with cold water.
Take the eggs one by one and crack all over with the back of a spoon
then toss them back in the cold water.
Start peeling once all the eggs are cracked and the shells will slip
off easily.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 11/02/2013 12:56 PM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
>> prick the thick end

> Hi Bjørn,
>
> Thank you!
>
> How do you do that? Any special tools?
>
> -T

You can buy an egg pricker. I used to have one. I think it came from a
dollar store. Can also use a thick sewing needle.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message

> Yes, or a small tool from the kitchen department of a general or hardware
> store. Often cup-shaped with a spring-loaded pin in the center. Press the
> egg down to pierce. (I'm not about to use my fingerpricker!! :-) )

Aw c'mon, live dangerously. ;-)

Cheri

Experienced Member

Hey.... there is easy way to peal an egg shells. Boil egg for 15 minutes and then take those boiled eggs in bowl and pour cold water into it crake that egg shell by beating around it, then peal by using two hands, shell smoothly removes out without any scraps on eggs. Like this way goes for boiled potato too to removes its skin.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:54:49 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
>Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
>any easier way to do it?
>
>Many thanks,
>-T

You're not adding cold eggs to boiling water are you?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:12:24 -0500, BlueBrooke
> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:54:49 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
>>Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
>>any easier way to do it?
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>-T

>I tried all the suggestions I could find -- salt, vinegar, baking soda
>in the water; old eggs, new eggs; cold eggs, room temperature eggs --
>didn't make a whit of difference. I was lucky to get half of the
>hard-cooked eggs to peel. I can only guess that it has something to
>do with our hard well water -- never had this problem before we lived
>in Podunk.
>
>I can't remember where I found it -- I steam them. They all peel
>perfectly. Get the water boiling, put the steamer in the pot and
>cover. For large eggs it takes 18 minutes -- nicely cooked with no
>green around the yolks. Run cold water over them for 5 or 10 minutes.
>I also can't seem to peel a "dry" hard-cooked egg. I have to run
>water over them while I peel them.
>
>Good luck.

You could always try eggies. They work as advertised.
http://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-t...erm=egg+cooker

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 11/15/2013 06:28 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> > On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:54:49 -0700, Todd > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
> >> Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
> >> any easier way to do it?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> -T

> > You're not adding cold eggs to boiling water are you?
> >

> Usually. Please elucidate?

No, no, no, no. Put eggs in pot. Fill pot with water. Bring to boil.
Turn off stove. Cover and let sit for 17 minutes. Dump out hot water,
and plunge into cold water (or dump ice cubes over the eggs).

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:27:37 -0500, Alice Faber >
wrote:

>In article >, Todd >
>wrote:

>> > You're not adding cold eggs to boiling water are you?
>> >

>> Usually. Please elucidate?

>No, no, no, no. Put eggs in pot. Fill pot with water. Bring to boil.
>Turn off stove. Cover and let sit for 17 minutes. Dump out hot water,
>and plunge into cold water (or dump ice cubes over the eggs).

I love 5 minute eggs. Cooked whites with hot runny yolks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:

: If I do that, I get really unappetizing, dry, over cooked hard
: boiled eggs. I like my yokes a bit soft.

: I am finding that you guys suggestion to soak them in cold
: water afterwards, stops the cooking and does make them
: easier to peal. I leave them soak for about 20 minutes

: Thank you all!

: -T

For years I had a family that all liked their eggs differently boiled. I
would put all the eggs into a pot with some salt (supposed to hkeep
from cracking) and put very warm tap water to cover. Put on the fire an
dwhen boiled, turn off and remove 2 eggs for my husband. walk to the
dining foyer and give him eggs. return to stove adn remove next 2 eggs
for me and repeat walking proceedure adn retun to stove. remove next 2
eggs for younger son and return to stove and remove last two egs for older
son who liked , what he use to clall as a baby, no0juice eggs. It is all
a matter of timeing. /but one questions. How do you make devled eggs
with loosish yolks? For that you really need those no-juice eggs.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/17/2013 01:34 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Interesting to watch how difficult boiling an egg has become

I am loving it. This is the way I learn best. :-)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 11/17/2013 01:37 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
: >
: > I scramble my eggs and leave them a little wet. I keep them in the
: > pan but off the stove and the heat finishes cooking them in a few short
: > seconds.

: Hi Ozgirl,

: Me too. There is a bit of a learning curve to get
: it right. But, I pretty much have it down now. :-)

: -T

I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them. How much of a learning
curve is there for this kindof easystuff. Now if you were discussing how
to make a geat roast turkey for Thanksgiving, that has a learning curve
and I hope my old one is still working because I am makign the
thanksgiving diner this year after quite a few years of not doing it. I
have high standarads and not as much strength and staminaas I used to, so
I am concerned, but expect ots of help form my kinds and older
granddaughters. Let us pray:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
> scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
> cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them. How much of a learning
> curve is there for this kindof easystuff. Now if you were discussing how
> to make a geat roast turkey for Thanksgiving, that has a learning curve
> and I hope my old one is still working because I am makign the
> thanksgiving diner this year after quite a few years of not doing it. I
> have high standarads and not as much strength and staminaas I used to, so
> I am concerned, but expect ots of help form my kinds and older
> granddaughters. Let us pray:-)
>
> Wendy

My first attempt was at age 3. My mom caught me standing on a chair at the
stove. She helped me from there. I am sure that I probably didn't do
something right. That part I don't remember. But I have never had trouble
with those. Have had trouble in recent years with hard boiled not being
cook through enough. Now I just by the pre-boiled if I need them for a
salad recipe or something. Nobody will eat them otherwise.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:26:36 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
>scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
>cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them. How much of a learning
>curve is there for this kindof easystuff. Now if you were discussing how
>to make a geat roast turkey for Thanksgiving, that has a learning curve
>and I hope my old one is still working because I am makign the
>thanksgiving diner this year after quite a few years of not doing it. I
>have high standarads and not as much strength and staminaas I used to, so
>I am concerned, but expect ots of help form my kinds and older
>granddaughters. Let us pray:-)
>
>Wendy

I think eggs may be the first thing young children learn to cook. I
mean, how hard is it?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:

> I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
> scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
> cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
the wonder pan being sold.

;-)

--
BessieBee

"The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
opportunity in every difficulty."
....Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:20:15 -0600, BessieBee
> wrote:

>On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
>> scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
>> cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

>Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
>that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
>being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
>stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
>the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
>to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
>family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
>that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
>the wonder pan being sold.
>
>;-)

Or they haven't figured out how to simply turn down the heat.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

BessieBee > wrote:
: On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:

: > I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
: > scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
: > cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

: Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
: that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
: being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
: stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
: the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
: to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
: family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
: that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
: the wonder pan being sold.

: ;-)

: --
: BessieBee

: "The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
: opportunity in every difficulty."
: ...Sir Winston Churchill

I do find that when I used anold fashioned stick pan(nonon-stick coating_
I woudl use rather more buter or whatever fat or oil that I use now with a
non-stick pan wich I lightly spraywith real oil using the Orka sprayer not
a pam=type product whihc only sees to put a yellowish sticky mess
permanently on the pan. the little bit of ol makes it really slidable ,
but ido use a spatula in case there is a little bit sticking somewhe-)
Spatulas are a frying pan's friend.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

> BessieBee > wrote:
> : On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>
> : > I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have
> : > been
> : > scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst
> : > thing to cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.
>
> : Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
> : that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
> : being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
> : stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
> : the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
> : to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
> : family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
> : that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
> : the wonder pan being sold.
>
> : ;-)
>
> : --
> : BessieBee
>
> : "The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
> : opportunity in every difficulty."
> : ...Sir Winston Churchill
>
> I do find that when I used anold fashioned stick pan(nonon-stick coating
> I woudl use rather more buter or whatever fat or oil that I use now with a
> non-stick pan wich I lightly spraywith real oil using the Orka sprayer not
> a pam=type product whihc only sees to put a yellowish sticky mess
> permanently on the pan. the little bit of ol makes it really slidable ,
> but ido use a spatula in case there is a little bit sticking somewhe-)
> Spatulas are a frying pan's friend.
>
> Wendy

On my cast-iron pan I have to use butter. With any oil I have tried, the
eggs stick to the pan! With butter, no problem, the spatula slides neatly
under the eggs - or the omelette rolls cleanly off onto the plate.
A bit strange, I think ...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:
: W. Baker wrote:

: > BessieBee > wrote:
[...]
: > : ;-)
: >
: > : --
: > : BessieBee
: >
[...]

Very. Are you sure that Norwegian cows don't get some silicon in their
feed?

Wendy

Easy dip pintlar@node1 General Cooking 8 05-10-2013 12:33 AM
Here's an easy one.......... Tommy Joe General Cooking 0 19-02-2012 03:38 AM
How to peal a mango metspitzer General Cooking 14 23-08-2008 11:52 PM
This is too easy! [email protected] Winemaking 1 31-07-2006 05:25 PM
Well, That Was Easy Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 34 05-02-2004 10:30 PM