Old 19-11-2013, 08:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default any easy way to peal an egg?

On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:

I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
the wonder pan being sold.

;-)

--
BessieBee

"The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
opportunity in every difficulty."
....Sir Winston Churchill

Old 19-11-2013, 10:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:20:15 -0600, BessieBee
wrote:

On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:

I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
the wonder pan being sold.

;-)

Or they haven't figured out how to simply turn down the heat.
Old 19-11-2013, 11:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

BessieBee wrote:
: On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:

: I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have been
: scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst thing to
: cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.

: Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
: that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
: being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
: stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
: the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
: to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
: family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
: that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
: the wonder pan being sold.

: ;-)

: --
: BessieBee

: "The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
: opportunity in every difficulty."
: ...Sir Winston Churchill

I do find that when I used anold fashioned stick pan(nonon-stick coating_
I woudl use rather more buter or whatever fat or oil that I use now with a
non-stick pan wich I lightly spraywith real oil using the Orka sprayer not
a pam=type product whihc only sees to put a yellowish sticky mess
permanently on the pan. the little bit of ol makes it really slidable ,
but ido use a spatula in case there is a little bit sticking somewhe-)
Spatulas are a frying pan's friend.

Wendy
Old 20-11-2013, 08:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

BessieBee wrote:
[...]

On my cast-iron pan I have to use butter. With any oil I have tried, the
eggs stick to the pan! With butter, no problem, the spatula slides neatly
under the eggs - or the omelette rolls cleanly off onto the plate.
A bit strange, I think ...

Old 22-11-2013, 05:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:

:
[...]
: : ;-)
:
: : --
: : BessieBee
:
[...]

Very. Are you sure that Norwegian cows don't get some silicon in their
feed?

Wendy