Old 23-10-2013, 12:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

Na rijp beraad schreef Julie Bove :
"Maya Zuiderweg" $no_spam#[email protected]_me_dot_com#maps_on$ wrote in
message ...
Todd heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :
On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

That's good advice, because most meds are made by BIG Pharma and as
practically *everyone* who is not in Susan's killfile knows, BIG Pharma
is PURE EVIL.
Just like the ADA and most doctors are PURE EVIL.
You *really* ARE new here, aren't you?

Actually, I never advised anyone not to take their meds.
And I shared that I any finally back off them and am
very happy about it. I did say you should not to use drugs
so you can cheat on your carb count.

What idiot would do that?
M.

They wouldn't because meds don't work that way. Not most of them anyway.
Prandin and Starlix do let some people eat more carbs but Starlix didn't work
for me. Something like Metformin isn't a "cheat" type med or even a fast
acting one.

As I read this, it's about covering up for more food-intake with extra
insulin.
M.

Old 23-10-2013, 03:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

: On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:
:
: x-no-arhive: yes
:
[...]

: Hi Maya,

: Do you ever post recipes over on alt.food.diabetic?
: It is a good place to learn how to cook diabetic.

: He gave me instructions about how to take extra insulin
: so you could eat a piece of cake and what whatever else
: he wanted.

: Too much insulin messed you up pretty good too, even if
: you are offsetting with vast quantities of carbs, which
: also mess you up in other way besides T2.

: The guy has almost killed himself once. I do not
: see a happy ending to this. And he is a really
: decent man that other love, need, and rely on.

: An article on insulin:

:
https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013...olution_01.htm
: Too much insulin, the fat storage hormone, also drives
: more inflammation and oxidative stress, and produces a
: myriad of downstream effects including high blood pressure,
: high cholesterol, low HDL, high triglycerides, poor sex
: drive, infertility, thickening of the blood, and increased
: risk of cancer, Alzheimer?s, and depression.

: Probably why T1 shouldn't over do the insulin too.

: -T

No one in this group or on the food group advocates using extra insulin or
meds to cover up eating extra carbs. first of all it makes the underlying
situation worse as it puts weight on a person which means fewer carbs, etc
to be able to control ones diabetes and bgs. Second, we are not here to
find "tricks" to work around controlingour diabtes by using exta meds or
any other such things. If we believe dthat WE WOULD NoyT BE SEEKING WHAT
WE ARE HERE, a successful method of conrtoling our diabetes withotu doing
injury to ourselves and we let others know our methods. We don't really
think that there is only oneway to live with diabetes, but WE DO NOT
ADVOCATE USE OF DRugs or isulinn TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO "CHEAT"..Some may
eat more carbs, bu exercise more to keep inbalance adn some may , like
you, eat very low carb or medium carb , etc. We use what works for us and
what we can do reletively happily. Please, don't think that this group
advocates or admires diabetic cheaters who only really fool themselves.
They wuld not lst on this group.

Wendy
Old 23-10-2013, 04:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yes but there's much we don't know. Is he type 1 or 2? This might work for
a type 1 but probably won't with a type 2. And was it even the correct type
of insulin to do this with. We've seen stories on the newsgroups in the
past (perhaps not this one, not sure) of people taking it upon themselves to
use insulin without knowing what they were doing. And I had an elderly
friend who did stuff with insulin that wasn't the right thing to do.

Old 23-10-2013, 04:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

wrote:

[...]

Good golly! This is getting ridiculous. There is no way to cook diabetic.
We eat regular food just like everyone else does.

He gave me instructions about how to take extra insulin
so you could eat a piece of cake and what whatever else
he wanted.

Maybe he did. That doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. And again, we
don't know if he is type 1 or 2 or whatever. A type 1 could perhaps easily
do this. I am not type 1. I don't want to speak for them. There is a term
for this. I don't remember what it is called. But something like shooting
insulin for a normal way of eating. I believe that sort of regimen is
designed for growing children. But again, I am not type 1 and no expert on
this.

Too much insulin messed you up pretty good too, even if
you are offsetting with vast quantities of carbs, which
also mess you up in other way besides T2.

Too much insulin messed Maya up? You are making this sound worse and worse.
And you are coming off more and more like the idiot here.

The guy has almost killed himself once. I do not
see a happy ending to this. And he is a really
decent man that other love, need, and rely on.

Maybe he did. Maybe he wants to die. Who knows? Nobody knows here.
Probably you don't even know.

An article on insulin:

https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013...olution_01.htm
Too much insulin, the fat storage hormone, also drives
more inflammation and oxidative stress, and produces a
myriad of downstream effects including high blood pressure,
high cholesterol, low HDL, high triglycerides, poor sex
drive, infertility, thickening of the blood, and increased
risk of cancer, Alzheimers, and depression.

Probably why T1 shouldn't over do the insulin too.

Who says they are overdoing insulin? Do you use insulin? Have you ever?
If not, then you probably shouldn't be preaching about it.

You strike me as a very scary person. Someone here said that you might kill
someone by the advice you are giving. I very much believe that to be true.
Nobody here is a Dr. Nobody here should be giving medical advice.

Old 23-10-2013, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

: On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan
wrote:
:
: x-no-arhive: yes
:
[...]

Yes! Not only is he giving information about what could be the wrong way to
use insulin, but he is outright insulting those of us who do have to use it!

Old 23-10-2013, 05:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Todd" wrote in message

Wendy, please forgive me. I never meant to imply anyone of this group
would do something so ferociously irresponsible. That I know
of others not on this group that do, horrifies me. That was all I
was getting at. I though I as talking to like minded T2's that
would share my horror as well. I obviously did not succeed very
well at it.

Why should anyone be horrified at what another person does? Did the man
beat someone? Kill someone? No. He didn't even break the law.

You only know what he told you. And he might not have even told you all of
it. You don't know that he was irresponsible. You don't know what he was
advised to do.

If I were this man, I would for sure want *you* out of my life!

Old 23-10-2013, 06:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

: On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan
wrote:
:
: x-no-arhive: yes
:
[...]

-T

Hi Wendy,
Can you point me to which sentence(s) gave you the
impression I was implying those on the group were
doing suchlike? It would help me improve my writing.

-T

Old 23-10-2013, 08:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/21/2013 7:57 PM, Karen wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:26:21 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
wrote:

On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs.

I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
decided to take offense.

He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even.

You make crap up and then attack folks for it.

Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day.

Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
You were the one that decided to not act civil.

I'll give you this one. You didn't say the ADA, you said the USDA
recommendation.
learn to cook (paleo, I'm assuming) and yes, I did take offense to
that. Just because I choose not to eat the same diet you do does not
mean I'm doing it wrong. The numbers show that I'm doing fine with
the diabetes. Also, all those food labels are based on the assumption
that a person is eating 2000 calories a day. Those percentages are
based on that. I maintain my weight on 1350 a day, so those
percentages certainly don't work for me.

He said, then said he didn't say it.

I did not. Prove it.

This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
for it.

I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
acting like a nice person.

No, you attacked me by stating I was eating incorrectly (not paleo).

Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
the time. She could teach you a few things about
how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
disagreeable.

Excuse me????

By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.

-T

Karen

We were never friends to start with.

:-)
Old 23-10-2013, 02:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

In alt.support.diabetes Todd wrote:
:
: : Too much insulin messed you up pretty good too, even if
: : you are offsetting with vast quantities of carbs, which
: : also mess you up in other way besides T2.
:
: : An article on insulin:
:
: :
[...]

I left a few paragraphs. You spend far too much time preaching to the
converted and, therefore making it sound like accusations. Why quote that
insulin article, which, in this group is really quite obious. You dwell
on this fellow with teh "apples are free food" and all his sins that do
not need reiterating in this group.

We have peole who use various methods to control their diabetes (if htey
are able to) in that sence all methods are equal. If you think we all
spend our time lusting after potato cips adn ice cream and other carbsy
stuff because we are not eating Paleo, you are mistaken. Manyof us have
found our tastes have changes as we eat fewer carbs adn lessen our use of
sweets , in general. It does not take a Paleo diet to make such changes.

I, personally, take the attitude , in my cooking that I am competing with
my dibetes. It thins I can't enjoy my food, but I find interesting ways
to fool it adn eat delicious stuff, occasionally using artificial
sweeteners, but not heavily, and I cansay to my dibetes"So there. You
thought you hd me over barrel, but I showed you." this works for me and
some others, as I think it is actually working for you as you, as a
reletive newbie, discover new wys to prepare food. Just remember, in that
area, don't reinvent the wheel and sound like yu ware the first one to
discover this change in tastes .

I hope this lets you uderstand where we are coming from and where you, as
a newbie here, might go.

Wendy

Old 23-10-2013, 06:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Todd beweerde :
On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
[...]

Hi Todd,
I dont know what to make of your post.
I eat my own food and have to take care of a chronic pancreatitis and a
dolichocolon. Not your everyday common diabetes diet (if there even
*is* such an animal).
My insulin injections are to cover my intake of food.
For quite some years now I use little insulin each day.
In total 14-18 units a day.
I eat about 1800 kcal each day and am very careful.
My BMI is in the normal range.

M.

Old 23-10-2013, 06:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/23/2013 10:06 AM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
Hi Todd,
I dont know what to make of your post.
I eat my own food and have to take care of a chronic pancreatitis and a
dolichocolon. Not your everyday common diabetes diet (if there even *is*
such an animal).
My insulin injections are to cover my intake of food.
For quite some years now I use little insulin each day.
In total 14-18 units a day.
I eat about 1800 kcal each day and am very careful.
My BMI is in the normal range.

M.

Hi Maya,

Thank you for asking, instead of getting mad. I am
working on my writing skills. It sounds like you are
perfectly on track, doing exactly what you are suppose to
do. I am delighted that you have yours under control.

This line of conversation started when someone erroneously
got on my case for saying not to take your drugs. (I never
said that.)

I was carrying on about a man I know and care about
that does some really insane things and is going to kill
himself. He almost died once already.

I do not presume for a second that ANYONE on these
groups would do something so insane for even a fraction
of a second, even the ones that argue that sugars are
not carbs.

What I thought I was accomplishing was "speaking to
the choir". What it turned out as was "criticizing the
choir". Not good. Not my intention at all. I have some
fences to repair. :'(

-T

There is an herb, which I can not vouch for yet
(I have only just started on it) that is "suppose"
(watch the weasel word) to help the pancreas.
Would you like a reference, or is this all old hat
to you?

Old 23-10-2013, 10:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Todd formuleerde de vraag :
[...]

Learning is what you are doing, and you are doing just fine.
Never stop learning, and you'll be okay.

There is an herb, which I can not vouch for yet
(I have only just started on it) that is "suppose"
(watch the weasel word) to help the pancreas.
Would you like a reference, or is this all old hat
to you?

I wouldn't know, there are so very many herbs.
I'm curious enough to want to know which one you mean.

M.

Old 24-10-2013, 03:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:36:28 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:14:11 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

I called out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
said I was fighting with him.

Yes, that seems to be the pattern, when one disagrees with him. Oh
well, you can't please everyone. :-)

And at the rate he's going, pretty soon he won't be pleasing anyone!

Really, I meant I can't please everyone. It's ok though.
Old 24-10-2013, 04:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:39:56 +0200, in alt.food.diabetic, Maya
Zuiderweg $no_spam#ma[email protected]_me_dot_com#maps_on$ wrote:

Todd formuleerde de vraag :
[...]

You've all been very chatty since I was offline later yesterday and
most of today. We had gone out of town for my mother being laid to
rest. Just got home. Will mostly be busy the next few days getting
the house ready for my brother's homecoming after 7 months in the
hospital, so may only have a few minutes here and there to read the
conversations here.

I know Todd may not see this, but I have heard good things about
bitter melon and diabetes and glucose control, cinnamon too. I have
not yet tried either. Does anyone here have input on either of these?

Karen

brussle sprouts in stock Todd Diabetic 5 08-02-2013 10:51 PM
Artichokes! Nancy Young General Cooking 28 07-04-2008 03:13 PM
artichokes mom0f4boys General Cooking 48 05-10-2007 11:15 PM
Hey NorCal Raley's has spares..... Michael Barbecue 17 03-01-2005 01:35 PM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM