Old 22-10-2013, 03:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:48:04 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Todd wrote:
: On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
: any carbs are evil.

: Hi Wendy,

: "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
: A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
: can recall.

:
: Wendy
:
: Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

: 1+

You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
per meal you allow just in order to get some low carb fibrous vegetables
into your diet. When you speak of Evil , etc. It is a bit of overkill
and it is very accusatory when you talk of peole on this newsgroup as
making concessions with carbs adn taking meds as bad practice and
simplying signs of weakness of character. It sould liek you are saying"
Be real men and quit eating all those half apples or handfuls of cherries
or dairy product with all those carb . Real me diabetic are strong
enough to resist that evil temtation." This comes off a very judgemental.
I know you have not said those words, but that is what you comments imply.
ike saying that testing by Jennifer's method is fine for those who are not
eqaul to , or able to do without the carbs. Not your exact words, but
definitely the feelin you are giving with your words.

There are many routes to excellent control, yours being ONE, but not all
of them so , please stop implying that with one or two exceptions we are
all wimps adn weaklings for eating more carbs than you and/or for needing
medicine to control our diabetes, which many of us have beendoing for many
yers by now. We do what works for us and you do what works for you.

Wendy

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

Old 22-10-2013, 03:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 10/21/2013 06:50 PM, W. Baker wrote:
like to make sure I : shoot for 20 grams or more a day. Artichokes
are
: great for fiber. Plus you get to play with your food.

So if you eat 60 grams of carb a day, of which 20 are fiber, you are
only
having 40 grams fo the "evil" stuff that raises blood glucose, or
approximately that . I learned form susan that fiber actually only
has
about 2 calories per gram unlike the rest of the carbs which have 4-5
calories a gram because so much is indigestible.

Hi Wendy,

Depending on what I am eating, I try to get a minimum
of 20 grams of fiber. A lot of the time I get a lot more.

And, if I eat 60 grams of carbs a day and 20 grams of
fiber, I am still eating 60 grams of carbs.

I do not do the subtraction thing. The carbs are still
absorbed. Just at a somewhat slower rate -- time released.
You can really get yourself into some trouble. Like
carbs that keep getting into your system, even when you
haven't eaten for a while. The gift that keeps on giving.
I have heard others call it the Pizza Effect.

I don't think Susan is speaking to me.

-T

------------------------------------

I don't like doing the subtraction thing either. When I was insulin
resistant an ounce of a high fibre starch would raise me the same way
and in the same timeframe as an ounce of the same thing processed.

Old 22-10-2013, 03:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:26:21 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
wrote:

On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs.

I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
decided to take offense.

He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even.

You make crap up and then attack folks for it.

Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day.

Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
You were the one that decided to not act civil.

I'll give you this one. You didn't say the ADA, you said the USDA
recommendation.
learn to cook (paleo, I'm assuming) and yes, I did take offense to
that. Just because I choose not to eat the same diet you do does not
mean I'm doing it wrong. The numbers show that I'm doing fine with
the diabetes. Also, all those food labels are based on the assumption
that a person is eating 2000 calories a day. Those percentages are
based on that. I maintain my weight on 1350 a day, so those
percentages certainly don't work for me.

He said, then said he didn't say it.

I did not. Prove it.

This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
for it.

I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
acting like a nice person.

No, you attacked me by stating I was eating incorrectly (not paleo).

Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
the time. She could teach you a few things about
how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
disagreeable.

Excuse me????

By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.

-T

Karen

We were never friends to start with.
Old 22-10-2013, 08:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

I called him out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
said I was fighting with him.

Old 22-10-2013, 08:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs.

I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
decided to take offense.

He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even.

You make crap up and then attack folks for it.

Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day.

Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
You were the one that decided to not act civil.

It can be easily proven. We all saw it and if one wants to go through the
archives they can. You won't see my post because you have me KFed so I'm not
going to look it up. But you did say that the USDA recommends that even
though they don't.

You are the one who is not acting civil. You say something nasty then say
that you were joking or you meant it in a different way.

He said, then said he didn't say it.

I did not. Prove it.

This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
for it.

She's not making stuff up.

I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
acting like a nice person.

And what would it be called that you are doing?

Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
the time. She could teach you a few things about
how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
disagreeable.

OMG! I suppose this would be the same Wendy who knows of the magical,
mythical tests?

By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.

Ha! Like I couldn't see that coming.

Old 22-10-2013, 10:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/21/2013 11:03 AM, Todd wrote:
On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
any carbs are evil.

Hi Wendy,

"Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
can recall.

Wendy

Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

1+

Yes, nice aphorism.
Not quite original though:
http://books.google.com/books/about/...l z-6MQAACAAJ

Nor honest:
Alan planted well over 20000 posts to a.s.d. in the span of a few years:
not exactly testimony of moderation.

To his credit though, he *did* drop the sex, the vegies & the fish from
Dr. Tickell's title.

I wouldn't have.

Don Roberto
Old 22-10-2013, 05:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:18:10 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

That's called being passive aggressive. He does it well.

[...]

I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Old 22-10-2013, 05:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:14:11 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

I called out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
said I was fighting with him.

Yes, that seems to be the pattern, when one disagrees with him. Oh
well, you can't please everyone. :-)

Old 22-10-2013, 10:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. I wanted to say that as well but when I said this on another newsgroup
about another person, people began attacing me and saying that it wasn't.

[...]

Yeah.

Old 22-10-2013, 10:36 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:14:11 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
. ..

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

I called out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
said I was fighting with him.

Yes, that seems to be the pattern, when one disagrees with him. Oh
well, you can't please everyone. :-)

And at the rate he's going, pretty soon he won't be pleasing anyone!

Old 23-10-2013, 12:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Het is zņ dat Todd formuleerde :
On 10/22/2013 10:34 AM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
Todd heeft ons zojuist aangekondigd :
On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:
On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

That's good advice, because most meds are made by BIG Pharma and as
practically *everyone* who is not in Susan's killfile knows, BIG Pharma
is PURE EVIL.
Just like the ADA and most doctors are PURE EVIL.
You *really* ARE new here, aren't you?

Actually, I never advised anyone not to take their meds.
And I shared that I any finally back off them and am
very happy about it. I did say you should not to use drugs
so you can cheat on your carb count.

What idiot would do that?
M.

Hi Maya,

Hmmm. I know a T2 that told me exactly how to do it. He also
told me apple are free and he can eat as many as he wanted.
And you get to cheat every now and then. He also told me
he doesn't observe the restrictions and just uses insulin.
(As I stared at him in horror and he gobbed on tons of ketchup
on his huge white bread hamburger bun.) A little extra insulin
he gets to eat a big old slab of pie for breakfast!

He is currently on dialysis, an oxygen tank, lost both
his legs, is on the kidney transplant list, and is recovering
from a massive heart attack. The apple stupidity he told me
after he lost his kidneys and had his heart attack.

Other than being a carb addict and complete T2 idiot, he
is a really decent man that a lot of people need and love.
I have a really hard time not being *eternally ****ed* at him.
He breaks my heart.

And, if anyone is wondering, he is the source of my horror
over those who look for ways to overdo the carbs. It is
one thing to commit suicide yourself, but when others
love, need, and rely on you, you have made a commitment
and need to step up to the plate.

And once you learn to cook T2/Diabetic/Paleo, the food is
really good. Your body will readjust. There is little of no
sacrifice after the adjustment, although you have to
discipline your mouth to keep quiet when you see others
consuming crap you know has a good chance of injuring them.

-T

Last I heard from the man, he was meeting with medical
type that was going to tell him how to deal with T2
naturally. He said he would eMail me the paper work.
He never did. Probably because it was the same thing
I told him, natural medicine (herbs) and all.

I see. Injecting more units of insulin to cover more eating.
An old trick.
Not a good trick..
M.

brussle sprouts in stock Todd Diabetic 5 08-02-2013 09:51 PM
Artichokes! Nancy Young General Cooking 28 07-04-2008 03:13 PM
artichokes mom0f4boys General Cooking 48 05-10-2007 11:15 PM
Hey NorCal Raley's has spares..... Michael Barbecue 17 03-01-2005 12:35 PM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM