Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default deviled eggs?

"Todd" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your deviled eggs?

Many thanks,
-T

----------------------
Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with either
smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the mayo
supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

>> "Todd" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What do you guys put in your deviled eggs?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>>

> ----------------------
>On 10/12/2013 04:30 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with
> either
> smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the
> mayo
> supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
> of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

Hi Ozgirl,

Thank you!

I tried this with mustard and paprika. Came out nice.
My wife really enjoyed them. And you can make a different
variation every time.

Next time I am thinking of using Turmeric (mustard precursor).
And, a few diced cherry tomatoes, maybe. I was just told
they would go great on the side, but not inside. She
has a great talent for knowing what goes together.

Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

-T

-------------------

not many things I can think of that would spoiled by using onion
Except maybe dessert or cereal, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: >>
: >>
: >> "Todd" wrote in message ...
: >>
: >> Hi All,
: >>

: > ----------------------
: >On 10/12/2013 04:30 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: > Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with either
: > smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the mayo
: > supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
: > of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

: Hi Ozgirl,

: Thank you!

: I tried this with mustard and paprika. Came out nice.
: My wife really enjoyed them. And you can make a different
: variation every time.

: Next time I am thinking of using Turmeric (mustard precursor).
: And, a few diced cherry tomatoes, maybe. I was just told
: they would go great on the side, but not inside. She
: has a great talent for knowing what goes together.

: Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

: -T

Not really, but very finely chopped fresh onion is a passible substitute.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

<http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysshallotsalt.html>

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/13/2013 11:25 AM, pavane wrote:
>>

>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

>> <http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysshallotsalt.html>
>>
>> pavane

> Interesting! I looked into growing them. Seemed like
> for advanced gardeners.
>
> Do you have an ingredients list on your bottle? (Could
> not find it on the web site. Only found that they mixed it
> with sea salt.)
>
> Thank you!
>
> -T

What they list is what it is. Penzeys is one of the
best companies for honest merchandizing; if they say
or imply shallots and salt, that is what it is. It is so nice
to be able to trust a company.

pavane