Old 13-10-2013, 12:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default deviled eggs?

"Todd" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

What do you guys put in your deviled eggs?

Many thanks,
-T

----------------------
Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with either
smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the mayo
supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

Old 13-10-2013, 10:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/12/2013 04:30 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with
either
smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the
mayo
supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

Hi Ozgirl,

Thank you!

I tried this with mustard and paprika. Came out nice.
My wife really enjoyed them. And you can make a different
variation every time.

Next time I am thinking of using Turmeric (mustard precursor).
And, a few diced cherry tomatoes, maybe. I was just told
they would go great on the side, but not inside. She
has a great talent for knowing what goes together.

Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

-T

-------------------

not many things I can think of that would spoiled by using onion
Except maybe dessert or cereal, lol.

Old 13-10-2013, 01:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
:
:
: "Todd" wrote in message ...
:
: Hi All,
:

: ----------------------
: On 10/12/2013 04:30 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: Real egg mayo and some powdered mustard to taste. I sprinkle with either
: smoked paprika or turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste but I find the mayo
: supplies enough salt for my liking. Sometimes I use Dijonnaise instead
: of the mayo and mustard. Finely chopped shallots is nice too.

: Hi Ozgirl,

: Thank you!

: I tried this with mustard and paprika. Came out nice.
: My wife really enjoyed them. And you can make a different
: variation every time.

: Next time I am thinking of using Turmeric (mustard precursor).
: And, a few diced cherry tomatoes, maybe. I was just told
: they would go great on the side, but not inside. She
: has a great talent for knowing what goes together.

: Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

: -T

Not really, but very finely chopped fresh onion is a passible substitute.

Wendy
Old 13-10-2013, 07:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysshallotsalt.html

pavane

Old 14-10-2013, 02:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/13/2013 11:25 AM, pavane wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
Would onion powder sub for chopped shallots?

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysshallotsalt.html

pavane

Interesting! I looked into growing them. Seemed like
for advanced gardeners.

Do you have an ingredients list on your bottle? (Could
not find it on the web site. Only found that they mixed it
with sea salt.)

Thank you!

-T

What they list is what it is. Penzeys is one of the
best companies for honest merchandizing; if they say
or imply shallots and salt, that is what it is. It is so nice
to be able to trust a company.

pavane