Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/06/2013 12:26 PM, Cheri wrote:
What I mean to Todd is my dh's immediate family are pretty long lived,
into late 80's & 90's . Not one of them ever had diabetes. They all ate
oatmeal, bread, pasta etc., but they didn't/don't overdo it. Phil eats a
fair amount of carbs but stays fairly slim.

Hi Cheri,

We are all somewhat different genetically. I do believe
the number is one in six of us will eventually get T2.
(Just what I remember off the top of my head, don't quote me
as a source on this.)

Though I do wonder how safe it is for T0's, who carb out,
and have huge swings.

My point is that we should eat what we were designed to
eat, not things that are unnatural in nature. This high
carb stuff is only there because "we humans is cleaver".
Too cleaver for our own good.

-T

My point is/was, you shouldn't make sweeping statements like if you eat
Trix, Captain Crunch, etc., etc., you will catch diabetes, and there is no
"we" should/shouldn't eat this or that, there is only what *I* eat that
works for *me*, after getting good iformantion to go on and trial and error.
EOD

Cheri

Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Ignore the errors like "that for what" and "iformantion for information."
LOL

Cheri

Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 20:47:23 -0700
"Cheri" wrote:

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 12:26:37 -0700
"Cheri" wrote:

What I mean to Todd is my dh's immediate family are pretty long
lived, into late 80's & 90's . Not one of them ever had diabetes.
They all ate oatmeal, bread, pasta etc., but they didn't/don't
overdo it. Phil eats a fair amount of carbs but stays fairly slim.

How are they on sugar?

Sugar is carbs, they all eat cakes, pies, candy etc.

Cheri

There is a genetic component. But for me, I can and do eat those
3-400 grams of carb. As long as there is almost no fructose
or galactose I am OK.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 22:38:20 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

To add to Ozgirl's excellent write up, the fiber from grains
messes with the lining in your intestines. Here is the
article that Mark Sisson references in his critique of fiber
from grains:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0823093156.htm

*sigh* You seriously seem to think that this Mark guy is a God or
something! Fiber from grains does not mess with the intestines.

It messes with mine. Fructans are fibers contained in grains.
Other fibers are not a problem for me.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 18:02:57 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

I guess I am rambling off here. I do believe that her diet could
have brought about the mental issues. Studies have linked certain
foods (wheat and/or gluten in particular) to various mental
problems. But they are only a problem for certain people who may
perhaps be predisposed.

B-vitamin deficiency sound likely from your description of her
diet and behavior. B-vitamin deficiencies cause apparent mental
illness. For niacin it goes dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia, and
then death. The four Ds. Not necessarily in that order.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 22:05:06 -0700
Todd wrote:

Speaking of hybridized fruit for carbs, mainly sweetness
as you accurately pointed out, have you looked at the carbs
in an orange lately? One golf ball sized orange: 11g;
one normal sized orange: 22g. Yikes!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1966/2

Yup. I gave up oranges when I finally got the
message about fructose. I switched to limes sweetened with
dextrose. This still seems to give me a little trouble,
so I have ordered some 99.8% reagent grade glucose (same as
dextrose). I suspect the dextrose from the health food store
is contaminated with fructose.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 21:58:55 +0000 (UTC)
"W. Baker" wrote:

Unless you have specific food allergies etc, then no food actuall is
poison.

Everyone has food allergies, whether they know it or not. Most of
them show up as long-term chronic conditions (like diabetes) that
doctors cannot treat. Instead they prescribe symptomatic relief
like pain killers or insulin that do nothing for the underlying
condition.

No, everyone does not have food allergies. If by allergies you mean IgE
allergies. In fact most people do not. Now there is highly debated
evidence of late that IgG reactions, aka intolerances may in fact be allergy
related. But do most people have those? Probably not. I suspect that most
people can eat what they want. But many people have to avoid at least one
food for some reason. And that reason is most likely not IgE or IgG
related.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

To add to Ozgirl's excellent write up, the fiber from grains
messes with the lining in your intestines. Here is the
article that Mark Sisson references in his critique of fiber
from grains:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0823093156.htm

*sigh* You seriously seem to think that this Mark guy is a God or
something! Fiber from grains does not mess with the intestines.

It messes with mine. Fructans are fibers contained in grains.
Other fibers are not a problem for me.

But you are not everyone else. If I eat a bite of egg, I'll be spending
several miserable hours on the toilet. If I eat oats, I will itch all over.
I know that I can not eat these things. Doesn't mean that they are bad for
everyone else.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

Speaking of hybridized fruit for carbs, mainly sweetness
as you accurately pointed out, have you looked at the carbs
in an orange lately? One golf ball sized orange: 11g;
one normal sized orange: 22g. Yikes!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1966/2

Golf balled orange? Where do you find those? Not that I ever ate oranges.
Yuck.

Yup. I gave up oranges when I finally got the
message about fructose. I switched to limes sweetened with
dextrose. This still seems to give me a little trouble,
so I have ordered some 99.8% reagent grade glucose (same as
dextrose). I suspect the dextrose from the health food store
is contaminated with fructose.

Just looked up a "medium apple": 25 grams. Yikes!
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1809/2
Definitely not a free food.

Who said that it was? You do know what a free food is...right? I can eat
apples with no BG problems. I just don't desire an apple or any fruit very
often so rarely ever eat them.

Just looked up strawberries too: 1 cup, 12 grams.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/2064/2
That could probably be worked with. Maybe a 1/4 cup smashed
into some butter for a hot topping. The local orgaic farms
grows them, but they closed for the season. :'(

Well that sounds right nasty! And what would you be topping with that?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Member

Instead of fast food like pizza, noodles, Can go with cereals at breakfast. Ofcourse, every cereals like green gram, horse gram and fenugreek seeds is good for morning breakfast especially sprouted cereals. It is good in nutrients, calories and also it contains fiber. A good protein and energy giving food and can even survive for the whole day.

Benefits of sprouted cereals:

It helps to loss weight
Controls blood sugar. Helpful for Diabetics

Do you want to know how to make cereals sprout?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/5/2013 10:34 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip
breakfast
it is very important to improve health.There are many different
kinds of
cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

David!

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

You don't "catch" diabetes.

Cheri

How deep thou art
Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/6/2013 7:41 AM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 10:43 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message

Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
depression, among other things.)

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known
fanatic in the groups.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

How so? Because I use Traditional Medicine?
I can reference randomized double blind studies,
in other words, the scientific method, on the stuff
I use. Is that "fanatical"?

Am I being otherwise ill mannered or offensive
in any way?

-T

Anybody can cite studies, but when you make sweeping (the sky is
falling) statements that really aren't true for a whole lot of people
who eat grains etc., it starts to sound fanatical.

Then how come low carb Susan never sounds fanatical _to you_?

You don't have to be
"ill mannered or offensive" to be perceived as a bit kooky either. :-)

You are both: "ill mannered or offensive" *and* kooky.
Of course your offensive ill manners only extend to those you don't like...
Be

Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/08/2013 05:54 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
Yes. And since there is a zero biological requirement for dietary
carbohydrate in human biology,

*Dr* Susan at her best...

Don,

She is correct. Various aboriginal and the Inuits
eat no fruit or veg's. As my GP says "there is no
scientific proof whatsoever that the consumption
of fat is harmful to humans."

The Inuits did not start getting "White Man's"
diseases until the "convenience stores" moved in.

Give her a break, she doesn't like to see people
hurt. Her heart is in the right place.

And the guy I know with the prosthetic legs,
the HUGE heart attack, the ruined kidneys, the
oxygen tank, still to this day tells me you
get to occasionally cheat on the diet. As I
said, give Susan a break.

-T

Nonsense! You can't speak for Susan or anyone else here. Some of us here
have had enough nasty barbs hurled at us from here that we wouldn't believe
that she doesn't want to see people hurt. Seeing as how she herself hurts
people with her words.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Everyone has had their bad days. Although some people do it more than
others, there are few here who haven't lashed out at someone sometime.

Henry