Old 19-09-2013, 05:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Neew Jam for Me

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has
added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

You have it there but perhaps not all stores carry it. I think that I
bought it at Target.

OK, thanks. I'm sort of put off by the Splenda since it does leave an awful
aftertaste in my mouth. I usually use aspartame.

Cheri

Old 19-09-2013, 05:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Alice Faber" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote:

:
: Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy
my
: gut.
:
: Wendy
:

: On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for
DH,
: I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
: mustard to taste.

: --
: Janet Wilder
: Way-the-heck-south Texas
: Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had
was
concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I
don'tknow
if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
carrying any more.

My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

I used to eat and thought that I liked the Smuckers. I never eat it
straight up on toast or anything like that. Just a smidge on a peanut
butter sandwich. Then I tried the Crofters all fruit and loved it. Could
not find the Crofters one day so went back to the Smuckers. Found that I
could not eat it at all. Just tasted artificial to me. The Crofters may
well contain fruit juice. Not sure. But since I only have a tiny dab
that matters very little.

I used to like Smuckers when it was sweetened with Equal, but haven't had
any since I couldn't find it without Splenda after awhile.

Cheri

Old 19-09-2013, 08:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think that what I've bought had Splenda but lemme see... They have
changed the products since I bought them. What I tried didn't have the
added fiber. I ate the kind sweetened with fruit juice. But again, I
probably only ate a teaspoon at a time. I don't like sweet things much. I
just wanted something to lessen the stickiness of my peanut butter.

http://www.polanerspreads.com/?gclid...FWXZQgodMmkA0w

Old 19-09-2013, 08:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote:

Janet Wilder wrote:
[...]

Splenda is iffy for me. Could not stand 7Up after they put it in there. I
do use it maybe once a year in cooking or baking but am more likely to do
the brown sugar/Splenda blend.

Old 19-09-2013, 08:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:03:31 -0700
Todd wrote:

Do you realize you are injesting a failed pestiside?

Was that spelled in jest or just mispelled?

He seems to spell a lot of things wrong. I don't think it's on purpose.

Old 19-09-2013, 02:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

You bought the fruit spread which is a totally different product in a jar
that looks quite different. I believe this no sugar added, fiber one is
fairly new to the market.

Wendy
Old 19-09-2013, 03:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

Do you realize you are injesting a failed pestiside?

Was that spelled in jest or just mispelled?

He seems to spell a lot of things wrong. I don't think it's on
purpose.

I don't care if his porpoise is on or off. I was just trying
to make a joke out of it. I guess it didn't work. Sorry.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 19-09-2013, 07:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

Yes. But the same brand.

Old 19-09-2013, 08:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: : I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.
: :
: : Cheri
: :
[...]

So os the Poaners regular jam sweetened with sugar the same brand, but
certainly, not for diabetics. /wht's your point?

Wendy
Old 19-09-2013, 08:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
[...]

I think her point is that the Polaner's brand is carried in CA. At least
that's the way I took it.

Cheri

Old 19-09-2013, 09:28 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
[...]

It's not sweetened with sugar but juice. And even if it were sweetened with
sugar, I eat so little of it, it wouldn't matter to me.

Old 19-09-2013, 09:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
[...]

Yes! That was my point.

Old 20-09-2013, 01:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:52:43 -0700
Todd wrote:

As I tell my trophy wife after I screw something up and
it actually works out for the better, "See. It sometimes
pays to be an idiot!"

It is better to speak up an let everyone know you are
an idiot than to stay silent and let everyone be bored.

I'm sure my spelling is worse than yours. I am lost
without the spell checker in my news reader.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 20-09-2013, 02:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:28:50 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

It's not sweetened with sugar but juice. And even if it were
sweetened with sugar, I eat so little of it, it wouldn't matter to
me.

Julie, Julie, Julie. Whether you buy my theory about fructose
or not; if you want to avoid sugar, you must stay away from
juice. Typical juice sweeteners are apple juice and grape
juice. Both are high sugar and fructose. That is why they
are so sweet.

Personally I've taken to avoiding anything that is sweet. That
includes artificial sweeteners of any kind. Have never tried
stevia. I do use a little dextrose, supposed to be pure glucose.

BTW there is candy sweetened with dextrose. It is called pixie
sticks. If you can't stand the taste of diabetic wafers, you
could try that the next time you have a hypo.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.