Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Zukes!

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 03:28:27 +0000 (UTC)
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Todd > wrote:
> : Hi All,
>

> : If all goes as planned and I get use to the
> : taste of fresh zukes, I will be mooching tips
> : from you guys on zukes, again. :-)
>
> EAsiest thisng is to slice, seson with a little salt and pepper and
> microwave them covered, for up to 6 mins. If you cut them thick it
> may well take more time.
>
> Wendy

OK. You guys got me to try them. I put slices in a toaster oven and
pretended they are toast. Not bad.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/28/2013 10:02 PM, Billy wrote:
>
> Squash bugs:
>
> > Put a bird feeder in your garden. Take a hand full or 2 of black oil
> > sunflower seeds, and toss them at your squash plant. The birds will take
> > care of the exposed bugs.
> >

> Hi Billy,
>
> Thank you!
>
> 1) the little buzzards like it under the squash. I
> have to lift them to find them. Do the birds know
> they are there? How do they get at them?
>
> 2) how often should I throw seeds out? On my way to
> work in the morning?
>
> 3) in shell or out of shell? Unsalted, I presume.
>
> -T

I entice the birds with black oil sunflower seeds.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/28/2013 10:15 PM, Todd wrote:
> > On 07/28/2013 10:02 PM, Billy wrote:
> >
> > Squash bugs:
> >
> >> Put a bird feeder in your garden. Take a hand full or 2 of black oil
> >> sunflower seeds, and toss them at your squash plant. The birds will take
> >> care of the exposed bugs.
> >>

> > Hi Billy,
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > 1) the little buzzards like it under the squash. I
> > have to lift them to find them. Do the birds know
> > they are there? How do they get at them?
> >
> > 2) how often should I throw seeds out? On my way to
> > work in the morning?
> >
> > 3) in shell or out of shell? Unsalted, I presume.
> >
> > -T

> 4) raw or cooked? I would tend to use the cooked so they
> would not germinate.

I use sunflower seeds. Who does't like sunflowers?
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
Billy > wrote:

> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
> > On 07/28/2013 10:02 PM, Billy wrote:
> >
> > Squash bugs:
> >
> > > Put a bird feeder in your garden. Take a hand full or 2 of black oil
> > > sunflower seeds, and toss them at your squash plant. The birds will take
> > > care of the exposed bugs.
> > >

> > Hi Billy,
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > 1) the little buzzards like it under the squash. I
> > have to lift them to find them. Do the birds know
> > they are there? How do they get at them?
> >
> > 2) how often should I throw seeds out? On my way to
> > work in the morning?
> >
> > 3) in shell or out of shell? Unsalted, I presume.
> >
> > -T

> I entice the birds with black oil sunflower seeds.

Actually, you could use "Mammoth" sunflower seeds. These are the kind of
sunflower seeds that people eat. Then everbody would be happy.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:15:19 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 07/28/2013 10:02 PM, Billy wrote:
>
>Squash bugs:
>
>> Put a bird feeder in your garden. Take a hand full or 2 of black oil
>> sunflower seeds, and toss them at your squash plant. The birds will take
>> care of the exposed bugs.
>>

>Hi Billy,
>
>Thank you!
>
>1) the little buzzards like it under the squash. I
>have to lift them to find them. Do the birds know
>they are there? How do they get at them?
>
>2) how often should I throw seeds out? On my way to
>work in the morning?
>
>3) in shell or out of shell? Unsalted, I presume.
>
>-T

Go to the store and by the black oil sunflower seeds from the bird
food section. Not the sunflower seed we buy for human consumption.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 08/01/2013 10:20 AM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:15:19 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>
>> On 07/28/2013 10:02 PM, Billy wrote:
>>
>> Squash bugs:
>>
>>> Put a bird feeder in your garden. Take a hand full or 2 of black oil
>>> sunflower seeds, and toss them at your squash plant. The birds will take
>>> care of the exposed bugs.
>>>

>> Hi Billy,
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> 1) the little buzzards like it under the squash. I
>> have to lift them to find them. Do the birds know
>> they are there? How do they get at them?
>>
>> 2) how often should I throw seeds out? On my way to
>> work in the morning?
>>
>> 3) in shell or out of shell? Unsalted, I presume.
>>
>> -T

> Go to the store and by the black oil sunflower seeds from the bird
> food section. Not the sunflower seed we buy for human consumption.

Hi Don,

I thought that "black oil" was some kind of trade name. Thanks
for straightening me out.

When I asked the local CSA farm about it, she had one last bag
a squirrel had gotten into that she sold me for 50% off. Maybe
10% of the bag had leaked out.

And, I have noticed that this years type of zucchini (Costa Romaneco)
that the fruit doesn't lay on the ground. Just the end hits the
ground. Easy for the birds to get underneath.

Question: how often do you throw out seeds and how much? Just
a hand full?

Many thanks,
-T