Old 27-07-2013, 01:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:34:28 -0700
Todd wrote:

I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
(T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
or chocolate covered ants.

Not that I eat those things myself.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 27-07-2013, 06:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
(T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
rest of the produce was seasonal.

However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
or chocolate covered ants.

Not that I eat those things myself.

Avoid processed foods.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 27-07-2013, 08:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: Todd wrote:

: I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
: (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
: snakes ...

: Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
: cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
: they did not have grains or milk.

They did avve berries in season.

Wendy
Old 27-07-2013, 09:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/27/2013 05:44 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
Not that I eat those things myself.

Step away from the chocolate covered cockroach!!!
Mother would not approve. :-)
Old 27-07-2013, 09:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/27/2013 10:42 AM, Billy wrote:

Todd wrote:

I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
(T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
rest of the produce was seasonal.

Saw a documentary on corn, think it was a Nova, where the hybridized
corn backwards to what they found in archaeological digs of early
new world folks. Turns our corn was a 6" long grass with two or
three tiny seeds.

However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
or chocolate covered ants.

Not that I eat those things myself.

Avoid processed foods.

1+ !!!!

That is where all those vegetarians are more
healthy studies comes from. Real/strict vegi's are
demonstrably unhealthy, unless they comes from area with
poor sanitation and have a lot of bugs eggs and bug parts in
in the grains. So they take political vegetarians -- meaning
they won't eat anything prettier than they are -- and study
them. These political vegi's are vegi's in name only. They
eat eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc.. They are technically
omnivorous who eat healthy: organic foods, their own gardens,
they cook, very little processed anything. Then they compare
these omnivorous to the general population eating processed
meats and high carbs, disgusting stock yard meat etc..

Of course health couscous omnivorous are more healthy. What
a crock of S---!

Old 27-07-2013, 09:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: Todd wrote:

: I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
: (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
: snakes ...

: Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
: cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
: they did not have grains or milk.

They did avve berries in season.

Yes, but not like the ones we have today! Blue
berries are probably the closest to our artificially
hybridized ones today. Even eat a wild goose berry?
Not very sweet.

I would love to see what wild berries Alaskan bears
eat and see it I could grow some of them.

-T

Old 27-07-2013, 10:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
(T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

1+ !!!!!!

As I tell my friends that asks about the T2, I tell them I can
pretty much eat anything I want, with in reason, except
things that have been artificially hybridized for high
carbohydrate/sugar content. Have you read the carbs in
an orange? Yikes!!!!

This the addition of you guys and the CSA farm, I actually
have more variety than I ever had before too. And, those few
times when I am out in the field and did not have time
to make food to take with me, the three places I stop
bend over backwards to accommodate me: one, the owner is
a fellow T2; another, the brother of the owner is a T2
and both cooks love to cook Paleo; and the third one
has a daughter that is allergic to wheat.

Old 27-07-2013, 10:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: : Todd wrote:
:
: : I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
: : (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
: : snakes ...
:
: : Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
: : cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
: : they did not have grains or milk.
:
: They did avve berries in season.

: Yes, but not like the ones we have today! Blue
: berries are probably the closest to our artificially
: hybridized ones today. Even eat a wild goose berry?
: Not very sweet.

: I would love to see what wild berries Alaskan bears
: eat and see it I could grow some of them.

: -T

Ever eat wild huckleberries in the woods of Maine? Jus wonderful!

Wendy
Old 28-07-2013, 12:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:38:24 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 07/27/2013 05:44 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
Not that I eat those things myself.

Step away from the chocolate covered cockroach!!!
Mother would not approve. :-)

He's not concerned with what mother wants, but he is terrified as to
what Big Brother has to say.....

Old 28-07-2013, 07:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:

I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
(T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
rest of the produce was seasonal.

Leafy plants of course become available after winter recedes, but the
real feeding frenzy was in the Fall when flowering plants produce their
seed.

[...]

Why not just call them Vegans?

demonstrably unhealthy, unless they comes from area with
poor sanitation and have a lot of bugs eggs and bug parts in
in the grains. So they take political vegetarians -- meaning
they won't eat anything prettier than they are -- and study
them. These political vegi's are vegi's in name only. They
eat eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc.. They are technically
omnivorous who eat healthy: organic foods, their own gardens,
they cook, very little processed anything. Then they compare
these omnivorous to the general population eating processed
meats and high carbs, disgusting stock yard meat etc..

Of course health couscous omnivorous are more healthy. What
a crock of S---!

It's truly breath taking, the way profound ignorance can take a data
point, and turn it into a vast unfounded generalization.

The grass you reference is teosinte. It is still extremely important for
biodiversity, but rice, wheat, oats, barley, and millet also made this
journey.

Hunter gathers, ate what they were given, vegetables, meat, and some
starch. Eden really became undone with agriculture.

http://www3.gettysburg.edu/~dperry/C...ned%20Document
s/Intro/Diamond.PDF

First, it was the consumption of virgin top soil. More recently, the
protein that envelops us comes from the Fritz Haber Process
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haber_process
and is responsible for the last 4 billion people to join the human race.

Until such time that the human population of the planet is reduced by a
couple of magnitudes, you can expect most people to eat what they can to
survive.

From what I've read, not only can't children expect to live better than
their parents anymore, they can't even expect to live as long as their
parents, with self-inflicted CVD from diet being the main culprit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/magazine/22wwlnlede.t.html

I believe you also referenced the Mau-Mau Hypothesis:
If you are what you eat, then eat people who are smarter , and better
looking than you.

Old 28-07-2013, 02:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:20:52 +0000 (UTC)
"W. Baker" wrote:

: Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
: cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
: they did not have grains or milk.

They did avve berries in season.

In season: just before winter. Time to pig out and then
hibernate.

Berries are also cultivated for sweetness. When you have
to live on berries, you find they are only sweet for
a few days. Most of the time they are not.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 28-07-2013, 02:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:57:54 -0500
DonOpple0paad wrote:

Y'all do know that it was early primitives that began hybridization of
our crops?

Thousands of years ago.

Yes, and the crops evolve faster than we do. Fructose is an addictive
poison, and we are killing ourselves.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 28-07-2013, 02:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:09:58 -0700
Billy wrote:

First, it was the consumption of virgin top soil. More recently, the
protein that envelops us comes from the Fritz Haber Process
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haber_process
and is responsible for the last 4 billion people to join the human
race.

OK. The Haber process produces ammonia that can then be used
as fertilizer. Other than the need to balance this with other
nutrients, I don't see a problem here.

The earth is supporting 7 billion at the moment, and I don't
see any reason why it can't support 20 billion.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 28-07-2013, 05:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

[massive snippage]

Do the Lapps still move with the reindeer herds
in Northern Scandinavia? all ancient practices.

Wendy

They do. In the northernmost part of Norway, they walk from the inland plain
to the coast, freighted by boats/small ships to the islands to graze all
summer. When summer is ending they SWIM back to the mainland, with boats
standing by to help stragglers. They are in much better shape than in the
spring :-)

There's also reindeer herding in the southern mountains, less movement but
they have to be watched all the time so they don't join the herds of wild
reindeer.

Old 28-07-2013, 06:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bjørn Steensrud wrote:

W. Baker wrote:

[massive snippage]

Do the Lapps still move with the reindeer herds
in Northern Scandinavia? all ancient practices.

Wendy

They do. In the northernmost part of Norway, they walk from the inland
plain to the coast, freighted by boats/small ships to the islands to graze
all summer. When summer is ending they SWIM back to the mainland, with
boats standing by to help stragglers. They are in much better shape than
in the spring :-)

I should add that the deer walk and swim, not the Sami :-)