Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default broccoli cheese soup?

elementsresto wrote:

: Todd;1844219 Wrote:
: Hi All,
:
: I have been looking on the web for low carb broccoli cheese
: soup recipes. This one looks good.
:
: 'Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup | Kelly the Kitchen Kop'
: (http://kellythekitchenkop.com/low-ca...li-cheese-soup)
:
: 2 T. butter
: 3 cups chicken broth
: 8oz. cream cheese (I use organic)
: 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized!)
: 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
: 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
:
: I was thinking of sub'ing Trader Joe's Cheddar/gruyere cheese
: as it crumbles in my hand and I won't have to shred it.
:
: Any comments/improvements on the above recipe?
:
: Many thanks,
: -T

: I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
: and I hope this will make me like broccoli.
: --
: elementsresto

I think the best bet for you isar thsoe broccoli stem "hash browns" that
were beign discussd here very recently. Apparanly, they don't comeout
tasting like brocolli at all.

Wendy

Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/06/2013 01:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
elementsresto wrote:

: Todd;1844219 Wrote:
: Hi All,
:
[...]

Hi Wendy,

I am finding that folks at the grocery prefer the heads of
broccoli with a single stem and a large head. The eschew
the 5 stem ones. I jump on them. More hash browns.
The tops go into cheese soup.

Oh, definitely, cut the broth back to two cups!

-T
Old 12-07-2013, 03:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 07/06/2013 01:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: elementsresto wrote:
:
: : Todd;1844219 Wrote:
:
: : I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
: : and I hope this will make me like broccoli.
: : --
: : elementsresto
:
: I think the best bet for you isar thsoe broccoli stem "hash browns" that
: were beign discussd here very recently. Apparanly, they don't comeout
: tasting like brocolli at all.
:
: Wendy
:

: Hi Wendy,

: I am finding that folks at the grocery prefer the heads of
: broccoli with a single stem and a large head. The eschew
: the 5 stem ones. I jump on them. More hash browns.
: The tops go into cheese soup.

: Oh, definitely, cut the broth back to two cups!

: -T

Those big heads with but a single stem really are usually the local
varieties available only for a reletively short season and are incredibly
sweet in taste with none of the sulphurous , cabage-like flavor of the
ones from more distant places which hav been off the land for too long.
They are an entirely different take than the kind you are using for your
"hash browns." Give one a try and see if yu like the taste of those head
, whether microwaved or used in your soup. You may find a whole different
taste experience that you will like. then you cna have different broccoli
dishes in different seasons.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2013, 04:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/11/2013 07:47 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: On 07/06/2013 01:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: elementsresto wrote:
:
: : Todd;1844219 Wrote:
:
[...]

Raley's is starting to sell organic "Nevada" grown (meaning my
state) produce. And, you are correct: tastes a lot better!
The (organic) produce from Mexico is terrible.

And, I bought my first tomatoes from the local CSA farm.
Needed a little more ripening, but oh man the taste!

I have about 20 green tomatoes on my vines. Two are showing
a shade of red. And I have about five bugs on my zucchinis. Won't
be long now!

-T

-T

Canadian Broccoli Cheese Soup Tim Recipes 0 06-01-2006 03:33 AM
Broccoli And Cheese Soup 7Hawks Recipes 0 19-11-2004 09:00 PM
Broccoli Cheese Soup Hahabogus Diabetic 0 10-10-2004 01:58 PM
Broccoli cheese soup Duckie Recipes 1 23-04-2004 05:17 AM
Broccoli and Cheese Soup A1 WBarfieldsr Recipes (moderated) 0 15-10-2003 05:13 PM