FoodBanter.com

-   -   Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/424610-pasta-salad-zucchini-summer.html)

Shekhar Mehta 27-06-2013 07:53 AM

Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe

Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe

Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe is a perfect dish for any season. it is very easy to make and can be served as hot or cold. Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash is Gestational Diabetes Friendly Recipes.

Click this link to know more about this recipe - http://www.gestational-diabetes-diet...squash-recipe/

Julie Bove[_2_] 27-06-2013 08:21 AM

"Shekhar Mehta" > wrote in message
> Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
>
> Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe is a perfect dish for
> any season. it is very easy to make and can be served as hot or cold.
> Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash is Gestational Diabetes
> Friendly Recipes.

<spam snipped>

Can not recommend this website. Has pop ups and took my browser to some
weird website.

I did look at the recipe. It's not pasta. It is "pasta" made of strips of
zucchini. This is nothing new and there is nothing special about this
recipe. It also contains feta cheese. Not that there are any people here
with gestational diabetes, but... When I had it back in 1998, people were
getting listeria from feta cheese, at least on Cape Cod. Can't remember the
brand but they said on the news for pregnant women not to eat it. Feta
cheese that is.

This woman claims that she made the website because there is no diet for
gestational diabetes. And guess what? There still isn't, even though she
claims she has one. Women with GD should be directed to a dietician who
will help them with their diet. Nutrition is particularly important when
pregnant and although it is recommended for women to gain some weight, it is
very important with GD that they do not gain very much. It is also
important for women with GD to take in enough carbs to prevent hypos. And
there is no way that a person with a website can tell you what is right for
you. Only a dietician can do that and even then that is just a starting
point.

When I was pregnant, try as I might, I simply could not eat as many calories
as I was supposed to. For me that was about 2,000 a day. My body just
can't handle that much food, even while pregnant. So the diet I was put on
was extremely hard for me to follow. I also hated eating the fruit that I
was told that I needed to eat for the health of the baby. Luckily she was
born only slightly smaller than average for the birth weight. She did get
jaundice early on. But no other problems.

My advice? If you do have GD (never know, some newbie might come along),
see a registered dietician and don't take diet advice from a website or
blog.

Billy[_8_] 28-06-2013 06:37 AM

Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe

In article >,
Shekhar Mehta > wrote:

> Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
>
> Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe is a perfect dish for any
> season. it is very easy to make and can be served as hot or cold. Pasta Salad
> With Zucchini And Summer Squash is Gestational Diabetes Friendly Recipes.
>

> Click this link to know more about this recipe -
> http://www.gestational-diabetes-diet...cipes/breakfas
> t/pasta-salad-with-zucchini-and-summer-squash-recipe/

It looks very much like what I call a pasta "Primivera"

pasta

basil

garlic

tomatoes

olive oil

Parmesan

(optional)

bell pepper

scallions

summer squash

broccoli

grated carrots

like a stew, it is anything in your refrigerator that you need to use,
fresh is always better of course.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>