Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>
> -T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
they claim to be the expert at

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>>
>> -T

> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all
> the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
> not *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
> for most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
> avoid salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever
> it is they claim to be the expert at

Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>>>
>>> -T

>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all
>> the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is
>> a blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
>> The body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a
>> low sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low*
>> and not *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't
>> recommended for most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell
>> anyone to avoid salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at
>> whatever it is they claim to be the expert at

> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.

I do not like the author at all. He smacks of Kevin Trudeau to me. That
shyster who has hawked a bunch of crap on TV and went to jail for it. One
of which was the "cure all" "medical" book or his books to make people money
that included in the title, "They Don't Want You To Know". As if there are
these people lurking out there who have all the answers to everything but
are keeping them to themselves. Oh but Kevin will tell you for a price!
Just buy his book or course or whatever.

I don't know if Mark is actually selling something but I'm not going to poke
around on his website or blog or whatever it is to find out. But it does
sound like he is trying to frighten people for no real reason.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
"Todd" lid wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt. The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
they claim to be the expert at
Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to die fairly rapidly.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>> ...-
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>> 'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
>> (
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/)

>> -T-
>>
>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies.
>> That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
>> experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
>> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
>> The
>> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
>>
>> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
>> not
>> *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
>> for
>> most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
>> avoid
>> salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
>>
>> they claim to be the expert at

> Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
> die fairly rapidly.

Yes. My friend said she was at the Drs. office once and there was a man in
there on death's door. Why? For some reason his wife thought he should eat
a no salt diet and was feeding him nothing but boneless, skinless chicken
breast, steamed white rice and a few steamed vegetables. No salt and no fat
aside from the tiny amount in the chicken. Not only was he very underweight
and malnourished but suffering from the lack of sodium. She said she heard
the Dr. say that his heart was barely beating. Mind you this woman took it
upon herself to do this. They were both elderly. Dr. sent her to a
dietician.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 3:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>>
>> -T

> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
> That salt is "universally maligned and demonized".

He *doesn't* say that.
What he wrote was:
> I can’t think of a nutrient that’s been so universally maligned and demonized as salt.

Learn how to read *and* comprehend more than a couple of sentences at
the time because...

And that "all the
> experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.

....if you'd have read the whole article, you'd know the author isn't
telling anyone to avoid salt.

The
> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
> *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
> most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
> salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
> they claim to be the expert at

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>> ...-
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>> 'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
>> (
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/)

>> -T-
>>
>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies.
>> That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
>> experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
>> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
>> The
>> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
>>
>> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
>> not
>> *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
>> for
>> most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
>> avoid
>> salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
>>
>> they claim to be the expert at

> Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response.

Wrong, Bubba!
It's one thing to not read a story, another to not comprehend it, but
there's nothing like neither reading nor comprehending a story but
commenting on how "eloquent" another person's totally warped response to
the story is.

Folks that dont have salt tend to
> die fairly rapidly.

Duh!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/14/2013 7:17 PM, pavane wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>>>
>>> -T

>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that
>> "all the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The
>> author is a blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to
>> avoid salt. The body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of
>> people are put on a low sodium diet for various medical reasons. But
>> mind you that is *low* and not *no*. But most people don't have to do
>> this and it isn't recommended for most people. I don't know of any
>> "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid salt. If they did, then they
>> shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is they claim to be the expert at

> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.
>
> pavane

Did *you* read the article?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> On 6/14/2013 7:17 PM, pavane wrote:

>>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>>> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that
>>> "all the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The
>>> author is a blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to
>>> avoid salt. The body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of
>>> people are put on a low sodium diet for various medical reasons. But
>>> mind you that is *low* and not *no*. But most people don't have to do
>>> this and it isn't recommended for most people. I don't know of any
>>> "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid salt. If they did, then they
>>> shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is they claim to be the expert
>>> at

>> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
>> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.
>>
>> pavane

> Did *you* read the article?

Yes, of course. Oh, I see. That was inconsiderate of me.
If there are any particular words or phrases in the article
that are confusing to you, many of us will be glad to help
you with your comprehension. Or you could revert to such
proven aids as dictionary.com. There is no reason for you
to be intellectually barren in the internet age.

pavane

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
"bigwheel" wrote in message

'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
;1840616']"Todd"
lid wrote in message
...-
[...]

Yes women are dangerous...lol.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/14/2013 07:17 PM, pavane wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/
>>>
>>> -T

>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that
>> "all the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The
>> author is a blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to
>> avoid salt. The body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of
>> people are put on a low sodium diet for various medical reasons. But
>> mind you that is *low* and not *no*. But most people don't have to do
>> this and it isn't recommended for most people. I don't know of any
>> "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid salt. If they did, then they
>> shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is they claim to be the expert at

> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.
>
> pavane

Hi Pavane,

You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
though. Sometimes do the same thing and put my foot in my mouth
much worse than you just did. I will write an impassioned
rebuttal -- some of my better stuff too -- just to get told
to read this and that sentence a little closer.
But when you are among friends (eFriends count too), it's okay:
and you will just get ribbed a little.

It article was was really, really well done. It was a masterfully
well done critique of the low salt crowd. In first section is
described the the low salt crowd and named named. Gave their
slogans too:
The American Diabetes Association: Be Sodium Savvy
The American Heart Association: Shaking the Salt Habit
The American Dietetic Association" Slice Your Sodium Intake
He named named.

In the second section, he went into where they got all their bad
information. That would be the study he referenced on the Yanomami
of the Amazon. They had low sodium and low blood pressure young and
old. He goes on to say why the study was fatally flawed. You
then have to go to do another study on the same circumstances,
except high sodium and see what you get. One was done on the
Kuna of Panama. High sodium and low blood pressure. Sodium
was not the culprit.

He then proceeded to RIP the low sodium crowd a new one with study
after study, including one on Diabetes.

You ave got to re-read his article. And yes he write a lot of self
help stuff. He is very good at what he does. And he backs it
all up. And I did not sigh up for his news letter for over six months
and I double checked every thing he writes. He knows what he is talking
about.

It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message

> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>
> -T

Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>> ...-
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>> 'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
>> (
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/)

>> -T-
>>
>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>> lies.
>> That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
>> experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
>> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
>> The
>> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
>>
>> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
>> not
>> *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
>> for
>> most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
>> avoid
>> salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
>>
>> they claim to be the expert at

> Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
> die fairly rapidly.

Hi Bigwheel,

Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
a pass when I screw up too.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 7:24 AM, pavane wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message

>>> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
>>> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.
>>>
>>> pavane

>> Did *you* read the article?

> Yes, of course. Oh, I see. That was inconsiderate of me.
> If there are any particular words or phrases in the article
> that are confusing to you, many of us will be glad to help
> you with your comprehension. Or you could revert to such
> proven aids as dictionary.com. There is no reason for you
> to be intellectually barren in the internet age.

Quit talking nonsense and _show me_ where the author said _he_ was in
favor of low or no sodium as Julie has claimed.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 3:57 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/14/2013 07:17 PM, pavane wrote:

>>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>>> lies. That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that
>>> "all the experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The
>>> author is a blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to
>>> avoid salt. The body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of
>>> people are put on a low sodium diet for various medical reasons. But
>>> mind you that is *low* and not *no*. But most people don't have to do
>>> this and it isn't recommended for most people. I don't know of any
>>> "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid salt. If they did, then they
>>> shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is they claim to be the
>>> expert at

>> Brava Julie! The author of that article has seen far too many self-help
>> cure thyself medical travesties. Well stated critique.
>>
>> pavane

> Hi Pavane,
>
> You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
> though.

No, it's not ok.
I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
which they pull out of their butts.

Sometimes do the same thing and put my foot in my mouth
> much worse than you just did. I will write an impassioned
> rebuttal -- some of my better stuff too -- just to get told
> to read this and that sentence a little closer.
> But when you are among friends (eFriends count too), it's okay:
> and you will just get ribbed a little.
>
> It article was was really, really well done. It was a masterfully
> well done critique of the low salt crowd. In first section is
> described the the low salt crowd and named named. Gave their
> slogans too:
> The American Diabetes Association: Be Sodium Savvy
> The American Heart Association: Shaking the Salt Habit
> The American Dietetic Association" Slice Your Sodium Intake
> He named named.
>
> In the second section, he went into where they got all their bad
> information. That would be the study he referenced on the Yanomami
> of the Amazon. They had low sodium and low blood pressure young and
> old. He goes on to say why the study was fatally flawed. You
> then have to go to do another study on the same circumstances,
> except high sodium and see what you get. One was done on the
> Kuna of Panama. High sodium and low blood pressure. Sodium
> was not the culprit.
>
> He then proceeded to RIP the low sodium crowd a new one with study
> after study, including one on Diabetes.
>
> You ave got to re-read his article. And yes he write a lot of self
> help stuff. He is very good at what he does. And he backs it
> all up. And I did not sigh up for his news letter for over six months
> and I double checked every thing he writes. He knows what he is talking
> about.
>
> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>
> -T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 4:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>
>> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>>
>> -T

> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL

Quit trying to be funny.
You're not very good at it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/15/2013 04:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>
>> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>>
>> -T

> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL
>
> Cheri

Cheri,

I am a "Husband". That means I always have at least one
foot in my mouth at all times. Unless, of course, I am
changing feet. You get use to it.

Socks taste funny. Some garlic and/or salt, do you think?

:-)

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/15/2013 06:12 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> On 6/15/2013 4:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>
>>> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>>>
>>> -T

>> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL
>>

> Quit trying to be funny.
> You're not very good at it.

Hi Don,

Hey! If she stopped being funny because she is
not very good at it, I'd have to quit too! Oh,
no, no, no, no, no, no. I can't stop anyway.
I am hermetically corny. Ya] all will just
have to "tolerate" the two of us.

And not all jokes have to be real funny. Sometimes,
a little is enough! (Read my garlic and socks note.)

Friendship trumps bad jokes and spelling too.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
>> though.

> No, it's not ok.
> I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
> can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
> interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
> which they pull out of their butts.

Hi Don,

I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.

And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
to share it with all my eFriends.

Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/14/2013 10:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
>> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>>> ;1840616']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>>> ...-
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
>>> 'Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple'
>>> (
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/)

>>> -T-
>>>
>>> I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of
>>> lies.
>>> That salt is "universally maligned and demonized". And that "all the
>>> experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
>>> blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.
>>> The
>>> body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
>>>
>>> sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and
>>> not
>>> *no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended
>>> for
>>> most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to
>>> avoid
>>> salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
>>>
>>> they claim to be the expert at

>> Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
>> die fairly rapidly.
>>

> Hi Bigwheel,
>
> Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
> a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
> for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
> sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
> seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
> friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
> a pass when I screw up too.
>
> -T

I think we all know that a low sodium diet is not advised for most people.
But he started out with a bunch of lies! So to me, the article is not worth
reading at all.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> On 6/15/2013 4:00 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>
>>> It is more fun when it isn't me putting my foot in my mouth.
>>>
>>> -T

>> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL
>>

> Quit trying to be funny.
> You're not very good at it.

I see you're not content to screw up just one newsgroup with your nonsense.
You've had so many socks that one would think you would be good at it by
now, but you're not... you're still an asshole.

Cheri

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 7:35 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
>>> though.

>> No, it's not ok.
>> I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
>> can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
>> interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
>> which they pull out of their butts.

> Hi Don,
>
> I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
> will sometimes work better that getting my back up.

Yep. "Sometimes" a nice note will do that, BUT *sometimes* some of the
characters here make this impossible.
I'm here primarily for info, so when someone posts nonsense, I feel
obligated to respond.

I have
> resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
> they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
> with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.
>
> And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned.

I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.
What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

He said no where
> to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
> It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
> to share it with all my eFriends.
>
> Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
> on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
> thing -- too.)
>
> -T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 9:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/)

>>> Dittos Ma'am..very eloquent response. Folks that dont have salt tend to
>>> die fairly rapidly.
>>>

>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>
>> Oh Dude! You must re-read the article much more slowly! He made
>> a very articulate case, with references as to why low sodium is bad
>> for you! He even cites the flawed study that stated the low
>> sodium nonsense and cited the flaw in the study. I bet you only
>> seed read or skimmed the article. It's okay, we are among
>> friends (eFiends count too): means you will have to give me
>> a pass when I screw up too.
>>
>> -T

> I think we all know that a low sodium diet is not advised for most people.
> But he started out with a bunch of lies!

HE DIDN'T.

So to me, the article is not worth
> reading at all.

Quite understandable given the fact that reading above elementary school
lever isn't one of the things you can do.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/15/2013 10:19 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message

>>> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL
>>>

>> Quit trying to be funny.
>> You're not very good at it.
>>

> I see you're not content to screw up just one newsgroup with your
> nonsense.

WHAT nonsense? Pointing out that Julie's take on the "nice article on
salt" was COMPLETELY wrong?

You've had so many socks

I have posted on diabetes groups for a long, long time under _one_
address and that address is: .
You show me another one and I'm out of here, and you and your friends
can talk nonsense to each without my interference till y'all drop dead
from your favorite complication.

that one would think you would be
> good at it by now, but you're not... you're still an asshole.

But not as big an asshole as you.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

Hi Don,

Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

> What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
> without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
> before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
mistake of taking Julie at her word. When you think about, they
probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
Mark was refuting them.

It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
(and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)

I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
wife came up with:

"Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
"for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
hours.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>> I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

> Hi Don,
>
> Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
> It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
> the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
> She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
> I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
And what he said at the beginning *are* blatant lies.

>> What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
>> without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
>> before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

No need to read the article when it starts out as lies.

> The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
> and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
> mistake of taking Julie at her word. When you think about, they
> probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
> articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
> Mark was refuting them.

They don't have to take me at my word. Marks words are right out there and
they are lies! Experts are not telling us to avoid salt! Some experts
might say to watch the sodium level in the foods that we eat. Why? Because
most people do eat things like condensed soup and frozen meals. And those
things can be super high in sodium.

> It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
> (and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
> for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)
>
> I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
> research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
> with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
> wife came up with:
>
> "Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
> potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
> experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
> to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

But there's the lie! The *experts* aren't telling you this! Mark is just
telling you that they are. Why do you need someone to tell you things like
this anyway? There is an RDA for all vitamins and minerals. It's easy
enough to run your foods and drinks through the Cron-O-Meter or some such
thing to see if you are getting too much of something or not enough. Or
even get a blood test when it comes to things like potassium.

> By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
> rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
> for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
> "for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
> were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
> hours.

Whatever! That doesn't even make sense!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
> And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Experts are not telling us to avoid salt!

Another thing that is very different on planet Earth than they are on
the planet where Julie lives.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
> >> You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
> >> though.

> > No, it's not ok.
> > I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
> > can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
> > interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
> > which they pull out of their butts.

> Hi Don,
>
> I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
> will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
> resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
> they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
> with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.
>
> And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
> to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
> It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
> to share it with all my eFriends.
>
> Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
> on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
> thing -- too.)
>
> -T

Ask the person sitting next to you.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
> > And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

> Julie,
>
> You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
> you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
>
> Sorry it worked out this way.
>
> -T

Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message

> >> Do you have socks for both of the feet? LOL
> >>

> > Quit trying to be funny.
> > You're not very good at it.
> >

> I see you're not content to screw up just one newsgroup with your nonsense.
> You've had so many socks that one would think you would be good at it by
> now, but you're not... you're still an asshole.
>
> Cheri
>
> Cheri

Is there a proctologist in the house?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
>> (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
>> >thing -- too.)
>> >
>> >-T

> Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
>> lies.
>> And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

> Julie,
>
> You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
> you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
>
> Sorry it worked out this way.

I'm not!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Experts are not telling us to avoid salt!

> Another thing that is very different on planet Earth than they are on
> the planet where Julie lives.

Please give one example (cite) were experts tell us to *avoid* salt. Keep
in mind that avoiding salt is not the same thing as watching our sodium
intake.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message
> > On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
> >> lies.
> >> And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

> > Julie,
> >
> > You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
> > you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
> >
> > Sorry it worked out this way.

> I'm not!

Make that 2 of us. ;O)
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Billy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > Julie,
>> >
>> > You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
>> > you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
>> >
>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
>> >
>> > Sorry it worked out this way.

>> I'm not!

> Make that 2 of us. ;O)

And I will continue to reply to his nonsensical posts. He can't stop me
from doing that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/16/2013 2:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
>> It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
>> the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
>> She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
>> I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
> And what he said at the beginning *are* blatant lies.

You really are tuck on stupid.

>>> What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
>>> without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
>>> before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

> No need to read the article when it starts out as lies.
>>
>> The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
>> and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
>> mistake of taking Julie at her word. When you think about, they
>> probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
>> articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
>> Mark was refuting them.

> They don't have to take me at my word. Marks words are right out there and
> they are lies! Experts are not telling us to avoid salt! Some experts
> might say to watch the sodium level in the foods that we eat. Why? Because
> most people do eat things like condensed soup and frozen meals. And those
> things can be super high in sodium.
>>
>> It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
>> (and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
>> for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)
>>
>> I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
>> research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
>> with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
>> wife came up with:
>>
>> "Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
>> potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
>> experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
>> to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

> But there's the lie! The *experts* aren't telling you this! Mark is just
> telling you that they are. Why do you need someone to tell you things like
> this anyway? There is an RDA for all vitamins and minerals. It's easy
> enough to run your foods and drinks through the Cron-O-Meter or some such
> thing to see if you are getting too much of something or not enough. Or
> even get a blood test when it comes to things like potassium.
>>
>> By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
>> rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
>> for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
>> "for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
>> were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
>> hours.

> Whatever! That doesn't even make sense!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
>> lies.
>> And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

> Julie,
>
> You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
> you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
>
> Sorry it worked out this way.

You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/17/2013 2:50 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant lies.
>>> And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

>> Julie,
>>
>> You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
>> you do not waste your time ever writing me again.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file
>>
>> Sorry it worked out this way.
>>
>> -T

> Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?

Sex, *or* something interesting?
What a weird choice.

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 02:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM