Old 19-06-2013, 09:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
fellow.

Old 20-06-2013, 02:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 3:51 PM, Billy wrote:
In article ,
Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/17/2013 3:05 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
(I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T
Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!

Didn't you say you are married?

In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
traditional family value. Look it up.

Naah.
But maybe you can tell us how you learned that someone "sitting next to
you" and "chaining someone to a chair" are synonyms.
Old 20-06-2013, 02:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 10:47 PM, Billy wrote:
In article ,
Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/18/2013 4:23 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/18/2013 04:41 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
though.

No, it's not ok.
I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
which they pull out of their butts.

Hi Don,

I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.

And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
to share it with all my eFriends.

Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Ask the person sitting next to you.

Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
that's good for you.

Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)

Flüssiges Brot über alles.

Flüssiges Brot?
I prefer Hopfenblütentee.

Any thing like an Lagunitas IPA?

Nope.

(À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)

Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Herausgeworfenes is one word.

In Hamburg?

Yep. And in Berlin and Munich. Vienna and Zuerich too.

Old 20-06-2013, 07:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/17/2013 3:05 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
(I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T
Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!

Didn't you say you are married?

In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
traditional family value. Look it up.

Naah.
But maybe you can tell us how you learned that someone "sitting next to
you" and "chaining someone to a chair" are synonyms.

Why would you think that because someone is married that his wife would
be sitting next to him all the time?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 20-06-2013, 07:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
fellow.

Sympathy for the Devil?
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Old 21-06-2013, 12:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 10:35 AM, Todd wrote:
On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

Hi Don,

Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
give me a pass. Works out nicely.

They are nice people who help others, including me,
that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
See Matthew 25: 35-46.

I rather enjoy their friendship.

Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.

They are good cooks.

Did I miss anything?

Yep. Matthew 25: 31-34

And while we are quoting the Good Book:
About your judgement of Julie: There's Mathew 7:1 or Luke 6:36, if you
prefer.
Old 21-06-2013, 12:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/16/2013 12:55 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

Hi Don,

Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
mistake of taking Julie at her word.

At least Julie read the first few sentences. She misunderstood them.
Your friends OTOH didn't even bother to read them at all but had no
problem passing judgement on the author.
As for them being good cooks - have you ever eaten their dishes?

When you think about, they
probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
Mark was refuting them.

It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
(and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)

I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
wife came up with:

"Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
"for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
hours.

-T

Old 21-06-2013, 01:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

[...]

If by "don't play well with other posters" you mean I don't suck to
other posters, you've got me figured out.

can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
communicated.

Many of us can even tell non-serious comments without a winkey or a smiley.

If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
would probably far fewer posts.

Quantity über alles, eh?
Old 21-06-2013, 01:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 1:03 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times.

Yep. Ignoramuses and phoneys *do* frustrate me a little at times.

He seems like a good
fellow.

As good as they get...

Old 21-06-2013, 01:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/19/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/19/2013 11:41 AM, Billy wrote:
Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all get a little frustrated at times. He seems like a good
fellow.

Sympathy for the Devil?

Take a cue from Todd. Try to be nice.
It won't hurt you. Promise.
Old 21-06-2013, 06:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Uberhaupt nicht mein Fuhrer, I believe it's called banter, and its
function is to build community. If we want streß, we can take a class,
or go to work.

How did you get to be so anally retentive?

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
way."
- Thomas Jefferson

Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
orthography?

Lighten up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
Mathew 7:1

Hi Don,

Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

-T
Old 22-06-2013, 03:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/21/2013 04:26 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
Mathew 7:1

Hi Don,

Here is a good explanation of Matthew 7:1-5:
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-7-1-5.htm

Do you have any great recipes you would like to post?

Excellent suggestion.

pavane

Old 23-06-2013, 01:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/21/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Don't you even know how to do Umlaute?

I believe it's called banter, and its
function is to build community.

It's wasting time given that usenet is about as useless as it gets as
far as building communities goes.

If we want streß, we can take a class,
or go to work.

Speak for yourself. There are those of us who enjoy both taking classes
and working. And *we* don't get "streßed" out by things we like to do.

How did you get to be so anally retentive?

By being called that by an anally expulsive person who has no clue the
terms are as ridiculous and thus as discredited as the pseudo healer who
coined them?

"I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one
way."
- Thomas Jefferson

Not even old TC was perfect :-(

Have you done anything to advance diet, or cooking, or even amusement in
a.f.d., other than obsessing on breadcrumb sins of taste, or
orthography?

Do you always mistreat newbies when they don't conform to your ideas of
building a community?

Lighten up.

Good advice. Follow it.

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM