Old 18-06-2013, 10:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default nice article on salt

"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
are a blessing.

No. I don't like to pick fights. But I also don't like false information.
Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
they are eating a food that contains it

Old 18-06-2013, 11:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/17/2013 2:50 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

-T

Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?

Sex, *or* something interesting?
What a weird choice.

Busting my chops again? "Else" is implied, but why wouldn't you want to
talk about something interesting. It is obvious the lines have been
draw, the wagons have been circled, and bunker mentality has set in.
I met a girl last night, and she told me that she wanted sex in the
worst way. I had no idea that she meant standing up in a hammock.
(rimshot)
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/17/2013 3:05 PM, Todd wrote:
On 06/17/2013 02:48 PM, Billy wrote:
(I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T
Ask the person sitting next to you.

First you have to find someone!

Didn't you say you are married?

In European/American culture it may be traditional to chain your spouse
to a bed, or the stove, but chaning your wife to a chair is not a
traditional family value. Look it up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Don Roberto wrote:

On 6/17/2013 2:48 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/15/2013 06:11 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
You did not read the article. Or you only skimmed it. It's okay
though.

No, it's not ok.
I understand you are trying very hard to be nice to everybody, but that
can be very counterproductive when dealing with people who are not
interested in real info but only to assert their superior knowledge
which they pull out of their butts.

Hi Don,

I hear you. (Uh oh, was I just nice?) I find a nice note
will sometimes work better that getting my back up. I have
resolved not to fight no more. And, if I screw up, then
they have to be nice back to me. Plus these guys put up
with my bad jokes! But, I do hear you.

And, Mark Sisson was completely maligned. He said no where
to cut back on your salt. He said and documented the opposite.
It was a great article -- well written too. That I why I wanted
to share it with all my eFriends.

Now I think I am going to have a bit, okay, a lot, of salt
on my Opuntia. (I use too much Garlic -- is the such a
thing -- too.)

-T

Ask the person sitting next to you.

Eating garlic is good for you. So get your priorities straight and don't
sit next to a person who's got a problem with you eating something
that's good for you.

No, no, no, you can't keep coddling Knoblauchphobes. It's time for them
to grow up, and eat their Knoblauchs like men.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 19-06-2013, 12:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Garlic is proof God loves us. (Not beer.)

Flüssiges Brot über alles.

(À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)

Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Alcohol frees the body from the tyranny of the mind.

Boy, a nice tall glass of garlic would be good now.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Old 19-06-2013, 02:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 11:07 AM, Todd wrote:
On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon.

You are right, of course. She *is* a waste of time, but she doesn't do
"it" on purpose: she really is way out there.

Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

The folks on this group
are a blessing.

Old 19-06-2013, 02:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 3:41 PM, Billy wrote:

wrote:

On 06/16/2013 02:57 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
No. I'm not a professional offense taker. I just don't like blatant
lies.
And what he said at the beginning*are* blatant lies.

Julie,

You are kill filed. I am only telling you this as a courtesy so
you do not waste your time ever writing me again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file

Sorry it worked out this way.

-T

Good. Now can we talk about sex, or something interesting?

Sex, *or* something interesting?
What a weird choice.

Busting my chops again? "Else" is implied,

Looks like you are having problems detecting non-serious comments
without a winkey.

but why wouldn't you want to
talk about something interesting. It is obvious the lines have been
draw, the wagons have been circled, and bunker mentality has set in.

And there's nothing you can do about it?

I met a girl last night, and she told me that she wanted sex in the
worst way. I had no idea that she meant standing up in a hammock.

I got that. No emoticon necessary.

Old 19-06-2013, 03:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 4:23 PM, Billy wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Flüssiges Brot?
I prefer Hopfenblütentee.

(À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)

Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Herausgeworfenes is one word.
Echt!

Old 19-06-2013, 03:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 6/18/2013 2:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
are a blessing.

No. I don't like to pick fights.

Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
to understand simple English.

But I also don't like false information.

One more time: WHAT false information?

Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say that
they are eating a food that contains it

"People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
plenty of sodium.
Old 19-06-2013, 03:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

plenty of sodium, so there's no need for additional salt.

Old 19-06-2013, 06:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Déjà vû, all over again!!
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 19-06-2013, 06:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Any thing like an Lagunitas IPA?

(À l'exception d'un petit vin rouge précoce.)

Halb betrunken ist heraus geworfenes Geld.

Herausgeworfenes is one word.

In Hamburg?
Echt!

Gesundheit!

Old 19-06-2013, 07:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 06/18/2013 04:40 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
On 6/17/2013 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
You *do* know Julie isn't doing this on purpose?

I thought I'd point this out, you being such a nice guy and all.
So, don't be sorry and reconsider.

Oh no. She is doing it on purpose. She knows better. She just
likes to pick fights. Don't want those kinds of folks in my life.
Way, way too many nice folks out there that I do want in my life
to deal with that kind of a daemon. The folks on this group
are a blessing.

No. I don't like to pick fights.

Yes, you do. Of course most of them are a consequence of your inability
to understand simple English.

But I also don't like false information.

One more time: WHAT false information?

That experts tell us to avoid sodium. They don't!

Or people who say that they are avoiding _____ and then go on to say
that
they are eating a food that contains it

"People" *don't* usually say that in the sense you "understand" it: they
usually say they avoid table salt BECAUSE most processed foods contain
plenty of sodium.

That is not what was said at all. And Todd said that he was avoiding MSG
and then went on to say that he was eating various foods and those foods
contain natural MSG! This is the kind of thing that annoys me.

Old 19-06-2013, 06:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

Hi Don,

Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
give me a pass. Works out nicely.

They are nice people who help others, including me,
that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
See Matthew 25: 35-46.

I rather enjoy their friendship.

Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.

They are good cooks.

Did I miss anything?

-T

Old 19-06-2013, 07:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 06/18/2013 06:58 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
Having said that - why aren't you kill filing the other two characters
who jumped on the band wagon with her? After all, they don't seem to
have problems comprehending basic English...

Hi Don,

Anyone can make a mistake. I make similar mistakes myself.
They are reasonable people. I give them a pass them, they
give me a pass. Works out nicely.

They are nice people who help others, including me,
that they don't even know. Why this matters so much to me?
See Matthew 25: 35-46.

I rather enjoy their friendship.

Bigwheel makes my wife laugh.

They are good cooks.

Did I miss anything?

-T

Don Roberto seems to be a dour, and taciturn chap. He seems intelligent,
but he doesn't seem to know how to play well with the other posters. I
can only think of one other in the group like that.

We all make typos, but usually everyone knows what is being
communicated. If we were going to be graded everytime we posted, there
would probably far fewer posts.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
Nice Article About Community Barbecues monroe, of course Barbecue 0 03-08-2012 11:53 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM