Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ?Poblano!

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> On 5/26/2013 4:56 PM, Todd wrote:

> >> I've had poblanos (pasillas) both ways. Skin doesn't bother me. ;-)
> >>

> > Okay guys, I don't know what I am doing. Why skin them? Texture?
> > Inquiring minds want to know!

> personally, I think they just taste better skinned.
> Traditionally, every Mexican cook book and every local friend of Mexican
> heritage skins their big peppers. The little ones, like jalapenos and
> habaneros are not skinned, just diced (wearing disposable gloves if you
> know what's best for your)

My wife is Thai. We eat chiles of every variety. Poblanos are mostly
pan-fried, stuffed with cheese, pork, shrimp or combinations.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do the red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them turn orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red and ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a zippy red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that should work too.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/27/2013 08:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> [...]
>> is right up my alley. Any idea how to burn a Poblano with
>> an electric stove?
>>
>> -T-
>>
>> Sounds like you got some good peppers. There are directions in the
>> link
>> for charring them in an electric oven on broil sitting on a cookie
>> sheet
>> seems like. Are you saying you only have the cook top maybe? That
>> could
>> get a bit messy. If all else fails head to Wally World and snag a
>> propane braising torch. Thats how Wolfgang Puck does it..most
>> likely..lol. Mama should not get lit up too bad..just use the peppers
>> sparingly till you get a handle on the heat levels. About the only
>> time
>> they make me break a sweat is putting a whole split one on a burger.
>> Prob just slice up a little for a girly burger.-
>>
>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> "propane braising torch": interesting. I wonder if ...
>>
>> A customer told me to soak Jalapenos in milk for 10 minutes to
>> rid the fire. Maybe for a "girly burger"?
>>
>> -T-
>>
>> I think you need to tell that sissy girly girl to man up a
>> little..lol.-
>>
>> She says "truly funny dude!" She is still laughing!
>> -
>> Never heard of the milk deal but should work. The capsicum is fat
>> soluble and milk has a bunch of that..dont use the low fat milk..lol.
>> That is why when you get a good mouth scald water do not work too well
>> to quench the fire. Milk and butter help. Some highly smart Aggies at
>> A&M come up with a heatless Jap made especially for heat sensitive
>> yankees who buy their mild Picante sauce. Its called a TAM. You might
>> could find those at a well stocked yup fruit stand or whatever. The
>> normal Japs we get around here aint hot enough to worry about. Clean
>> out
>> the seeds and scrape the veins they are about like a bell pepper. It
>> takes somebody knowing what they are doing to make one hot enough to
>> worry about. I am waiting for the Aggies to come up with a heatless
>> Hab.
>> Those are packed with way more flavor than a jap. Just got to pay the
>> price to taste it. lol-
>>
>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> I was trying to figure out whether Poblanos are worth planting. We
>> are not suppose to plant till the second week in June, so I got a
>> little time.
>>
>> A heatless Hab. Now that would be something! :-)
>>
>> -T
>>
>> And the first/trophy is still chuckling in the background.

> They are mighty tasty and high priced to buy them in the store. Couldnt
> be any harder to grow than bell peppers and or tomatoes. They bound to
> tend to like nice hot weather. Now where a person can get the seedlings
> I aint sure. I dont recall seeing any for sale around here. Might have

My local CSA farm is selling them. We are not suppose to (trans)plant
till the second week of June. I am going to pick up four cherry
tomatoes, two regular tomatoes, and a Poblano.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 04:07 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> My wife is Thai. We eat chiles of every variety. Poblanos are mostly
> pan-fried, stuffed with cheese, pork, shrimp or combinations.

Hi Nick,

Do you stuff them first? Or, do you fry them let them
cool, and then stuff them?

And, do you skin them?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 05/25/2013 06:54 AM, bigwheel wrote:
: > Prob just slice up a little for a girly burger.
: >

: Hi Bigwheel,

: I ran the girly burger idea past the first/trophy wife.
: It is going to some selling. She is really sensitive
: to hot spices.

: When I told her who came up with the idea, she said,
: "I like Bigwheel. He's funny."

: -T

Todd,

Since your wife doesn't like hot spicy food, andshe is willing to eat yoru
low carb food, why bother with cooking with the hot peppers at all? If
you like the hot peppers, make a sauce or buy one that you like to add to
your portion only and then you can have yours just as hot as your like and
she doesn't have to sorry about how hot it is.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 02:03 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 05/25/2013 06:54 AM, bigwheel wrote:
> : > Prob just slice up a little for a girly burger.
> : >
>
> : Hi Bigwheel,
>
> : I ran the girly burger idea past the first/trophy wife.
> : It is going to some selling. She is really sensitive
> : to hot spices.
>
> : When I told her who came up with the idea, she said,
> : "I like Bigwheel. He's funny."
>
> : -T
>
> Todd,
>
> Since your wife doesn't like hot spicy food, andshe is willing to eat yoru
> low carb food, why bother with cooking with the hot peppers at all? If
> you like the hot peppers, make a sauce or buy one that you like to add to
> your portion only and then you can have yours just as hot as your like and
> she doesn't have to sorry about how hot it is.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

That is what we do. She like the flavor, just not the pain.
When we eat spicy food, I dig out my Chipotle/Habanero sauce and
"ceremoniously" shake away while giving her the single raised
eyebrow. Makes her laugh.

My current favorite hot sauce:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/arizo...5-fl-oz-liquid

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 02:03 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> why bother with cooking with the hot peppers at all?

Hi Wendy,

Thank you!

1) because it tastes like Italian food, when it is suppose
to taste like Mexican food

2) she loves pepper taste, but can't take the pain.

This is why Poblanos are perfect. She can take them and
they have a lot of flavor.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/27/2013 06:37 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> I can no longer eat hot jalepenos

Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
with a handful of salt.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 12:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> W. Baker;1836282 Wrote:
>> Todd lid wrote:
>> : Hi All,
>>
>> : I has at the local Mexican Supermarket yesterday for my
>> : weekly fix on Opuntia (Prickly Pear). I picked up a
>> : Poblano (Ancho) pepper for experimentation. (I am
>> : thinking of growing them this year.)
>>
>> : While in the check out line, the sweetest lady, who
>> : had extreme trouble with English (didn't stop her, as I
>> : said, "sweet"), told me how to prepare Poblanos.
>>
>> : As far as I could tell, she told me to roll them
>> : through my burners flame. (My stove is electric.)
>>
>> : What did she mean? Is there something wrong with
>> : the skins? Do they need to be burned off?
>>
>> : Is there some special way to prepare Poblanos?
>>
>> : Oh, and she told me to put them in my scrambled
>> : eggs. Said they were delicious that way.
>>
>> : Many thanks,
>> : -T
>>
>> That is the traditional way to skin all kinds of peppers(oftendone when
>>
>> they are to be used in a sauce, etc. You blacken them over a flame and
>>
>> then put them into a paper bagandshke a little and let wait. the skin
>> then comes of with your fingers quite easily. I generally don't mind
>> the
>> skin so seldom do this. Poblanos are the traditinal pepper for chili
>> rellanos or Mexican stuffed peppers, which i have never made,but have
>> eaten:-) Poplanos(dried called Anchos) are mld for a chili, bu thave a
>>
>> little kick so can add a nice light punch to things like those scrambled
>>
>> eggs.
>>
>> Wendy

> Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do the
> red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them turn
> orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red and
> ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a zippy
> red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that
> should work too.

How does one turn a Poblano into a Ancho. I though Anchos were just
dried Poblanos?

Have you ever done this with a Chimayo (New Mexico Red) Pepper?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: >> rellanos or Mexican stuffed peppers, which i have never made,but have
: >> eaten:-) Poplanos(dried called Anchos) are mld for a chili, bu thave a
: >>
: >> little kick so can add a nice light punch to things like those scrambled
: >>
: >> eggs.
: >>
: >> Wendy
: >
: > Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do the
: > red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them turn
: > orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red and
: > ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a zippy
: > red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that
: > should work too.

: How does one turn a Poblano into a Ancho. I though Anchos were just
: dried Poblanos?

: Have you ever done this with a Chimayo (New Mexico Red) Pepper?

Dry it! or buy them already driy, but whole. I have used them , (I
believeI mentioned, but this has gone onso long I am nolonger sure)
whole soetimes with and sometimes without the seeds, dried in a bland soup
to give it some spunk, but not too much. Use of the seed depends on who
else will be eatign tht soup. I buy dried anchos.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 06:01 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : >> rellanos or Mexican stuffed peppers, which i have never made,but have
> : >> eaten:-) Poplanos(dried called Anchos) are mld for a chili, bu thave a
> : >>
> : >> little kick so can add a nice light punch to things like those scrambled
> : >>
> : >> eggs.
> : >>
> : >> Wendy
> : >
> : > Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do the
> : > red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them turn
> : > orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red and
> : > ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a zippy
> : > red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that
> : > should work too.
>
> : How does one turn a Poblano into a Ancho. I though Anchos were just
> : dried Poblanos?
>
> : Have you ever done this with a Chimayo (New Mexico Red) Pepper?
>
> Dry it! or buy them already driy, but whole. I have used them , (I
> believeI mentioned, but this has gone onso long I am nolonger sure)
> whole soetimes with and sometimes without the seeds, dried in a bland soup
> to give it some spunk, but not too much. Use of the seed depends on who
> else will be eatign tht soup. I buy dried anchos.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I will look for the dried ones. Thank you!

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/28/2013 6:42 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 05/27/2013 06:37 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> I can no longer eat hot jalepenos

> Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
> with a handful of salt.

Thanks, Todd. I can't eat any hot peppers due to having had half of my
tongue removed because of cancer. The radiation treatments effected my
taste buds and left my mouth very sensitive even though the radiation
was well over 6 years ago.
The salt would just kill me.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 09:24 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 5/28/2013 6:42 PM, Todd wrote:
>> On 05/27/2013 06:37 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>> I can no longer eat hot jalepenos

>> Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
>> with a handful of salt.

> Thanks, Todd. I can't eat any hot peppers due to having had half of my
> tongue removed because of cancer. The radiation treatments effected my
> taste buds and left my mouth very sensitive even though the radiation
> was well over 6 years ago.
> The salt would just kill me.

Hi Janet,

Yikes!!! Makes Diabetes pale in comparison.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 5/28/2013 6:42 PM, Todd wrote:
>> On 05/27/2013 06:37 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>> I can no longer eat hot jalepenos

>> Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
>> with a handful of salt.

> Thanks, Todd. I can't eat any hot peppers due to having had half of my
> tongue removed because of cancer. The radiation treatments effected my
> taste buds and left my mouth very sensitive even though the radiation was
> well over 6 years ago.
> The salt would just kill me.

I didn't know that Janet. I'm curious, were you a smoker? My BIL is going
through something similar and had surgery today to have cancerous tonsils
removed, and a cancerous lymph node. Were your tonsils involved as well?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/29/2013 12:13 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>>>
>>> Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
>>> with a handful of salt.

>> Thanks, Todd. I can't eat any hot peppers due to having had half of
>> my tongue removed because of cancer. The radiation treatments
>> effected my taste buds and left my mouth very sensitive even though
>> the radiation was well over 6 years ago.
>> The salt would just kill me.

> I didn't know that Janet. I'm curious, were you a smoker? My BIL is
> going through something similar and had surgery today to have cancerous
> tonsils removed, and a cancerous lymph node. Were your tonsils involved
> as well?
>
> Cheri

Yes. I had been a smoker but had quit about 8 years before the cancer.
I lost my tonsils when I was 5 so there was no involvement.

If they are recommending radiation treatments for your BIL, HE MUST get
to either Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC, Johns Hopkins in Maryland or
MD Anderson in Houston. Head and neck radiation needs a specialized
support team including an oncological dentist, speech therapists (mostly
for swallowing issues), and others. My DH's cousin had treatment for
tonsil cancer at Dana Farber, a major Boston hospital, and he lost all
of his teeth because they did not advise him of the special care and
need for fluoride trays.

Radiation kills off salivary glands and the absence of saliva causes
teeth to disintegrate. Most hospitals don't provide a mouth guard to
protect at least one salivary gland. There are dentists who specialize
in dealing with the effects of radiation but they are hard to find
outside of the three centers I mentioned.

I would not disrespect any hospital for cancer treatment, but when it
comes to head and neck cancer and radiation, the three hospitals I
mentioned are THE ONLY ones. Any radiation center can do the protocol,
but only a few have the specialized support teams needed. I'm really
serious.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 5/29/2013 12:13 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> Thanks, Todd. I can't eat any hot peppers due to having had half of
>>> my tongue removed because of cancer. The radiation treatments
>>> effected my taste buds and left my mouth very sensitive even though
>>> the radiation was well over 6 years ago.
>>> The salt would just kill me.

>> I didn't know that Janet. I'm curious, were you a smoker? My BIL is
>> going through something similar and had surgery today to have cancerous
>> tonsils removed, and a cancerous lymph node. Were your tonsils involved
>> as well?
>>
>> Cheri

> Yes. I had been a smoker but had quit about 8 years before the cancer. I
> lost my tonsils when I was 5 so there was no involvement.
>
> If they are recommending radiation treatments for your BIL, HE MUST get to
> either Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC, Johns Hopkins in Maryland or MD
> Anderson in Houston. Head and neck radiation needs a specialized support
> team including an oncological dentist, speech therapists (mostly for
> swallowing issues), and others. My DH's cousin had treatment for tonsil
> cancer at Dana Farber, a major Boston hospital, and he lost all of his
> teeth because they did not advise him of the special care and need for
> fluoride trays.
>
> Radiation kills off salivary glands and the absence of saliva causes teeth
> to disintegrate. Most hospitals don't provide a mouth guard to protect at
> least one salivary gland. There are dentists who specialize in dealing
> with the effects of radiation but they are hard to find outside of the
> three centers I mentioned.
>
> I would not disrespect any hospital for cancer treatment, but when it
> comes to head and neck cancer and radiation, the three hospitals I
> mentioned are THE ONLY ones. Any radiation center can do the protocol, but
> only a few have the specialized support teams needed. I'm really serious.

Thanks Janet, I will definitely pass this on to them today. He will be doing
several weeks of radiation and then chemo. They will know if his esophagus
is involved since they did a scope yesterday with biopsies while doing the
surgery. They will have the results on Tuesday. I don't think any of the
hospitals around our area Sacramento/Stockton are known for their cancer
treatments. He's kind of bullheaded, well, a lot bullheaded, but I think
this might be scaring him enough that he'll listen to other opinions.

Cheri

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
W. Baker;1836282 Wrote:
Todd lid wrote:
[...]

Anchos are the ripe red mature version of Pablanos..dryness level varies. Most times closer to leathery but for making powders they can be laid on a sunny window sill for a few days to a week to crunch up a bit. Chimayos tend to be slightly hotter than Anchos but have good flavor. Here is a fairly handy link about peppers.

Chili Peppers - a list of chili peppers and their heat levels

Last edited by bigwheel : 29-05-2013 at 03:17 PM
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/29/2013 06:54 AM, bigwheel wrote:
> Todd;1837332 Wrote:
>> On 05/28/2013 12:36 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> W. Baker;1836282 Wrote:-
>> Todd lid wrote:
>> : Hi All,
>>
>> : I has at the local Mexican Supermarket yesterday for my
>> : weekly fix on Opuntia (Prickly Pear). I picked up a
>> : Poblano (Ancho) pepper for experimentation. (I am
>> : thinking of growing them this year.)
>>
>> : While in the check out line, the sweetest lady, who
>> : had extreme trouble with English (didn't stop her, as I
>> : said, "sweet"), told me how to prepare Poblanos.
>>
>> : As far as I could tell, she told me to roll them
>> : through my burners flame. (My stove is electric.)
>>
>> : What did she mean? Is there something wrong with
>> : the skins? Do they need to be burned off?
>>
>> : Is there some special way to prepare Poblanos?
>>
>> : Oh, and she told me to put them in my scrambled
>> : eggs. Said they were delicious that way.
>>
>> : Many thanks,
>> : -T
>>
>> That is the traditional way to skin all kinds of peppers(oftendone
>> when
>>
>> they are to be used in a sauce, etc. You blacken them over a flame
>> and
>>
>> then put them into a paper bagandshke a little and let wait. the skin
>> then comes of with your fingers quite easily. I generally don't mind
>> the
>> skin so seldom do this. Poblanos are the traditinal pepper for chili
>> rellanos or Mexican stuffed peppers, which i have never made,but have
>> eaten:-) Poplanos(dried called Anchos) are mld for a chili, bu thave
>>
>> little kick so can add a nice light punch to things like those
>> scrambled
>>
>> eggs.
>>
>> Wendy-
>>
>> Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do
>> the
>> red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them
>> turn
>> orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red
>> and
>> ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a
>> zippy
>> red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that
>> should work too.-
>>
>> How does one turn a Poblano into a Ancho. I though Anchos were just
>> dried Poblanos?
>>
>> Have you ever done this with a Chimayo (New Mexico Red) Pepper?

> Anchos are the ripe mature version of Pablanos..dryness level varies.
> Most times closer to leathery but for making powders they can be laid on
> the window sill for a few days to crunch up a bit. Chimayos tend to be
> pretty hot or at least the ones I have run into seem so. Would not take
> much of the powder to light up a person.

Hi Bigwheel,

Thank you!

If I manage to successfully grow Poblanos (I have a black thumb),
I think I will try leaving some on the vine to turn red.

I have a quart container of Chimayo powder. The older it gets the
less fire. Seems to retain the flavor. Still too hot for
the Mrs..

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 04:07 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > My wife is Thai. We eat chiles of every variety. Poblanos are mostly
> > pan-fried, stuffed with cheese, pork, shrimp or combinations.

> Hi Nick,
>
> Do you stuff them first? Or, do you fry them let them
> cool, and then stuff them?
>
> And, do you skin them?
>
> Many thanks,

Hi Todd. Stuff, then fry. Tonight, I had some in a chili sauce. We don't
skin them.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/27/2013 08:14 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> Todd;1836838 Wrote:
>> On 05/25/2013 06:54 AM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> Prob just slice up a little for a girly burger.
>> -
>>
>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>
>> I ran the girly burger idea past the first/trophy wife.
>> It is going to some selling. She is really sensitive
>> to hot spices.
>>
>> When I told her who came up with the idea, she said,
>> "I like Bigwheel. He's funny."
>>
>> -T

> Well she sounds very nice too. Glad she has a sense of humor. Trophies
> are nice. I got one around here somewhere myself..lol. She aint big on
> hot stuff either.

Hi Bigwheel,

Speaking of trophy wives, she called on the cell phone after I'd
finished my rounds and was about to start errands, and asked me if
I was anywhere near one of the fishing ponds. To shorten
the conversation and protect my friends from a Diabetic coma,
she basically said you'd had a hard day, why don't you stop
by one of the ponds and fish for 30 minutes to blow off steam.
Wow! I did and what excellent stress release and it gets my
exercise in. (I hate exercise. But, tell me there are
trout over that mountain, stick a fishing pole in my hand
and ... So, I fish instead of exercise.)

Anyway, she got an extra hug or two when I got home. And
I threatened to brag about her.

Fishing is great for up Diabetics. Gets our exercise in,
lowers our stress, etc.. Once the first fish strikes, there
is a whole attitude adjustment. Your feet no longer hurt,
your back no longer hurts, you can't figure out why you
let that customer get to you, its not too hot, its not
too cold, the flies no longer buzz you, yada, yada, yada.

And sometimes, you get to eat the results!

-T

oh ya, I also folded a load of laundry in the morning for
the Trophy Wife.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/31/2013 07:18 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
>> On 05/28/2013 04:07 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> My wife is Thai. We eat chiles of every variety. Poblanos are mostly
>>> pan-fried, stuffed with cheese, pork, shrimp or combinations.

>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> Do you stuff them first? Or, do you fry them let them
>> cool, and then stuff them?
>>
>> And, do you skin them?
>>
>> Many thanks,

> Hi Todd. Stuff, then fry. Tonight, I had some in a chili sauce. We don't
> skin them.

Hi Nick,

You are killing me here! STUFF WITH WHAT ?????

I was think of stuffing them with cheese, coating
them with eggs and pecan meal, then frying. But
I have no idea what I am doing!

Elucidate!

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
> On 05/31/2013 07:18 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Todd > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Nick,
> >>
> >> Do you stuff them first? Or, do you fry them let them
> >> cool, and then stuff them?
> >>
> >> And, do you skin them?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,

> > Hi Todd. Stuff, then fry. Tonight, I had some in a chili sauce. We
> > don't skin them.

> Hi Nick,
>
> You are killing me here! STUFF WITH WHAT ?????

Sometimes shrimp and ground pork, sometimes cheese.

> I was think of stuffing them with cheese, coating
> them with eggs and pecan meal, then frying. But
> I have no idea what I am doing!
>
> Elucidate!

That sounds good.

Hallucinate!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/31/2013 07:48 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Todd > wrote:

>>> Hi Todd. Stuff, then fry. Tonight, I had some in a chili sauce. We
>>> don't skin them.

>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> You are killing me here! STUFF WITH WHAT ?????

> Sometimes shrimp and ground pork, sometimes cheese.
>
>> I was think of stuffing them with cheese, coating
>> them with eggs and pecan meal, then frying. But
>> I have no idea what I am doing!
>>
>> Elucidate!

> That sounds good.
>
> Hallucinate!

Hi Nick,

Thank you!

In other words, time to take some risks!

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 05/27/2013 08:14 PM, bigwheel wrote:
>> Todd;1836838 Wrote:
>>> On 05/25/2013 06:54 AM, bigwheel wrote:-
>>> Prob just slice up a little for a girly burger.
>>> -
>>>
>>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>>
>>> I ran the girly burger idea past the first/trophy wife.
>>> It is going to some selling. She is really sensitive
>>> to hot spices.
>>>
>>> When I told her who came up with the idea, she said,
>>> "I like Bigwheel. He's funny."
>>>
>>> -T

>> Well she sounds very nice too. Glad she has a sense of humor. Trophies
>> are nice. I got one around here somewhere myself..lol. She aint big on
>> hot stuff either.

> Hi Bigwheel,
>
> Speaking of trophy wives, she called on the cell phone after I'd
> finished my rounds and was about to start errands, and asked me if
> I was anywhere near one of the fishing ponds. To shorten
> the conversation and protect my friends from a Diabetic coma,
> she basically said you'd had a hard day, why don't you stop
> by one of the ponds and fish for 30 minutes to blow off steam.
> Wow! I did and what excellent stress release and it gets my
> exercise in. (I hate exercise. But, tell me there are
> trout over that mountain, stick a fishing pole in my hand
> and ... So, I fish instead of exercise.)
>
> Anyway, she got an extra hug or two when I got home. And
> I threatened to brag about her.
>
> Fishing is great for up Diabetics. Gets our exercise in,
> lowers our stress, etc.. Once the first fish strikes, there
> is a whole attitude adjustment. Your feet no longer hurt,
> your back no longer hurts, you can't figure out why you
> let that customer get to you, its not too hot, its not
> too cold, the flies no longer buzz you, yada, yada, yada.

My dh fishes 4 to 5 times a week, but he doesn't eat them lately...strictly
catch and release with him. I think he just doesn't want to clean them
anymore. He did bring home a nice 3 1/2 pound black bass a few weeks ago and
did eat it. :-)

Cheri

Senior Member

W. Baker;1836282 Wrote:-
Todd lid wrote:
[...]

Guess nearly all the powders lose potency over time. Wally World usually has a fair selection of dried whole peppers in cellophane wrappers usually Anchos..Chimayos and Cascabels. Pendery's in Fort Worth has some of the best and freshest of any chile/chili powders..whole pods and other related spices a person might want.

Chile Peppers, Spices, Explore Our Incredible Variety of Chili Pepper Products

Last edited by bigwheel : 01-06-2013 at 05:55 PM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/31/2013 09:54 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> Well she sounds very nice too. Glad she has a sense of humor. Trophies
>>> are nice. I got one around here somewhere myself..lol. She aint big on
>>> hot stuff either.

>> Hi Bigwheel,
>>
>> Speaking of trophy wives, she called on the cell phone after I'd
>> finished my rounds and was about to start errands, and asked me if
>> I was anywhere near one of the fishing ponds. To shorten
>> the conversation and protect my friends from a Diabetic coma,
>> she basically said you'd had a hard day, why don't you stop
>> by one of the ponds and fish for 30 minutes to blow off steam.
>> Wow! I did and what excellent stress release and it gets my
>> exercise in. (I hate exercise. But, tell me there are
>> trout over that mountain, stick a fishing pole in my hand
>> and ... So, I fish instead of exercise.)
>>
>> Anyway, she got an extra hug or two when I got home. And
>> I threatened to brag about her.
>>
>> Fishing is great for up Diabetics. Gets our exercise in,
>> lowers our stress, etc.. Once the first fish strikes, there
>> is a whole attitude adjustment. Your feet no longer hurt,
>> your back no longer hurts, you can't figure out why you
>> let that customer get to you, its not too hot, its not
>> too cold, the flies no longer buzz you, yada, yada, yada.

> My dh fishes 4 to 5 times a week, but he doesn't eat them
> lately...strictly catch and release with him. I think he just doesn't
> want to clean them anymore. He did bring home a nice 3 1/2 pound black
> bass a few weeks ago and did eat it. :-)
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri,

The community ponds all have kids fishing in them, so
no way I am not releasing. There is a wild stream I sometimes
get to that is done with run off, if they are large, I will
keep and eat.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 28 May 2013 16:42:16 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 05/27/2013 06:37 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> I can no longer eat hot jalepenos

>Old trick. If the heat gets to you, rinse your mouth out
>with a handful of salt.

The best way to kill the heat from a pepper is with pineappel.
Discovered this while eating in Thailand.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article om>,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> >> You too? I love enchiladas with this type sauce.

> > Recipe!

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> hatch green chile sauce

> 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
> 1 large onion -- chopped
> 3 cloves garlic -- minced
> 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
> 2 cups chopped roasted mild green chile -- preferably
> new mexican or anaheim, fresh or frozen
> 2 cups chicken stock
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon ground coriander
>
> in a heavy saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat. add the onion and
> sauté until well softened, about 5 minutes. stir in the garlic and
> sauté for an additional minute, then add the flour and continue cooking
> for another 1 or 2 minutes. mix in the chile. pour in the stock and
> add the seasonings. bring the mixture to a boil. reduce the heat to a
> low simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until thickened but still very
> pourable.
>
> Cuisine:
> "Mexican"
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> NOTES :
> serve warm with enchiladas or other dishes. the sauce keeps
> refrigerated, for about 5 days and freezes well.

Enchiladas (Take 2)

Authentic Enchiladas Verdes

Recipe makes 4 servings

Ingredients

€ 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
€ 2 cups chicken broth
€ 1/4 white onion
€ 1 clove garlic
€ 2 teaspoons salt
€ 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
(green tomatoes can be substituted)
€ 5 serrano peppers
€ 1/4 white onion
€ 1 clove garlic
€ 1 pinch salt
€ 12 corn tortillas
€ 1/4 cup vegetable oil
€ 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
€ 1/2 white onion, chopped
€ 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions
1. In a saucepan, combine chicken breast with chicken broth, one
quarter onion, a clove of garlic, and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil,
and then boil for 20 minutes. Reserve broth, set chicken aside to cool,
and discard onion and garlic. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken
with your hands.

2. Place tomatillos and serrano chiles in a pot with water, enough to
cover them. Bring to boil, and continue boiling until tomatillos turn a
different shade of green (from bright green to a dull, army green).
Strain tomatillos and chiles, and place in a blender with another
quarter piece of onion, 1 clove garlic, and a pinch of salt. Pour in
reserved chicken broth, so that liquid just covers the veggies in the
blender by about an inch. Blend all ingredients until they are
completely pureed. Pour salsa in a medium saucepan, and bring to a low
boil.

3. Pour oil in a frying pan, and allow to get very hot. Slightly fry
tortillas one by one in hot oil, setting each on a paper towel
afterwards to soak some of the oil. Finally, dip slightly fried
tortillas in low-boiling green salsa, until tortillas become soft again.
Place on plates, 3 per person.

4. Fill or top tortillas with shredded chicken, then extra green
sauce. Top with crumbled cheese, chopped onion, and chopped cilantro.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Poblano peppers zxcvbob General Cooking 3 09-12-2013 06:10 AM
Poblano peppers Linda[_12_] Mexican Cooking 0 26-02-2013 05:05 PM
Poblano harvest is in Paul M. Cook General Cooking 13 26-10-2009 02:22 AM
Mole Poblano Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 04-05-2006 04:37 AM
Poblano chilis Laura Friesen Mexican Cooking 7 26-07-2005 03:57 AM