Old 21-05-2013, 03:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default fish sticks?

Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

Old 21-05-2013, 05:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

No clue about the fish but I really wish you'd stop referring to your wife
like that. If anyone ever referred to me like that, I'd likely inflict some
bodily harm on them and quickly! They'd never do it again, to be sure.
Comments like that are sooo insulting to women!

Old 21-05-2013, 02:28 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/20/2013 11:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

No clue about the fish but I really wish you'd stop referring to your wife
like that. If anyone ever referred to me like that, I'd likely inflict some
bodily harm on them and quickly! They'd never do it again, to be sure.
Comments like that are sooo insulting to women!

He's complimenting her. I think it's adorable.

Lighten up, Julie. It's none of your business how he refers to his wife.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 21-05-2013, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/21/2013 06:28 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Friendship always trumps spelling. :-)
Old 21-05-2013, 10:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/20/2013 07:09 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi Guys,

I am drawing a blank here. The only thing I can think of
is walnut powder and *A LOT* of grease. Please rescue me
from myself!

-T

Old 21-05-2013, 10:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 05/20/2013 07:09 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)

The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
She really hates fish too.

I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi Guys,

I am drawing a blank here. The only thing I can think of
is walnut powder and *A LOT* of grease. Please rescue me
from myself!

Can you get chick-pea flour? It has a lot of the properties of wheat
flour that you want with fewer carbs (and less blood sugar hit). If you
have a source for Bob's Red Mill flours and grains (health food store,
or health food section of your supermarket), you can easily get some. I
use it for breading a lot.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Old 21-05-2013, 11:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/21/2013 02:59 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

[...]

Hi Alice,

Thank you!

Unfortunately I can not. At 53 carbs per cup, chickpea flour blows
my 15 carb per meal limit.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/4406/2

I have heard that walnut powder will substitute. Do you have
any experience with such?

-T

Old 21-05-2013, 11:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

b.com...
"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

The term "trophy wife" is NOT a compliment in any way, shape or form. It's
my business when he posts it here. I am sick of these insulting terms in
reference to his wife!

Old 21-05-2013, 11:45 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol, there is only a certain amount of breading that will actually stick
to a piece of fish or other animal protein. I think you might be
over-estimating just how much of the breading you will actually use. I
would go for the crumbs of low carb bread. A very little amount of oil
just layering the bottom of a pan (preheat oil in the oven, pop in the
fish, turn once. Fish cooks so quickly in an oven, no need for deep
frying. Dip in egg, shake the egg off a little, lay one side on a thin
bed of crumbs, turn over and you are ready Perhaps graham crackers
crushed would work too, we don't get them here so I can't really
comment.

Old 21-05-2013, 11:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
lol, there is only a certain amount of breading that will actually stick
to a piece of fish or other animal protein. I think you might be
over-estimating just how much of the breading you will actually use. I
would go for the crumbs of low carb bread. A very little amount of oil
just layering the bottom of a pan (preheat oil in the oven, pop in the
fish, turn once. Fish cooks so quickly in an oven, no need for deep
frying. Dip in egg, shake the egg off a little, lay one side on a thin bed
of crumbs, turn over and you are ready Perhaps graham crackers crushed
would work too, we don't get them here so I can't really comment.

Graham crackers are sweet though. I think that would be nasty. Personally, I
use small amount of almond flour mixed with a bit of flax meal. As you say,
it doesn't take much, so low carb bread works too. Same with crushed pork
rinds.

Cheri

Old 22-05-2013, 12:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/21/2013 03:52 PM, Cheri wrote:
Well, since he did say that he married his trophy wife *first,* it
really is a compliment, meaning she's pretty, bright, etc. and he still
thinks of her that way

Hi Cheri,

Pretty much describes it.

How many spouses of diabetics do you know that put
themselves on the same diet to support their other half?
Sweet as can get too. Smartest person, male or female,
I know. I thank God for her every night. She is a real
trophy. (Easy on the eyes too.)

38 years and counting!

-T
Old 22-05-2013, 12:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/21/2013 03:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
lol, there is only a certain amount of breading that will actually stick
to a piece of fish or other animal protein. I think you might be
over-estimating just how much of the breading you will actually use. I
would go for the crumbs of low carb bread. A very little amount of oil
just layering the bottom of a pan (preheat oil in the oven, pop in the
fish, turn once. Fish cooks so quickly in an oven, no need for deep
frying. Dip in egg, shake the egg off a little, lay one side on a thin
bed of crumbs, turn over and you are ready

Hi Ozgirl,

Thank you!

Yes, I may be overestimating.

Okay, here is what I think you are telling me:

No seasoning.

1) scramble up an egg (maybe two).

2) dip the fish in the egg. Then in whatever I come up with
for breading.

3) Fry in a little oil (EVOO?). Flip quickly so as to not
overcook.

-T

Old 22-05-2013, 12:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Then filter him or delete his posts and stop annoying the rest of us.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Breaded fish sticks Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 39 29-11-2013 10:30 PM
recipe request "fish" sticks Car Isaacs Vegan 1 17-11-2007 10:31 PM
Dreaded fish sticks. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 79 05-03-2007 09:23 PM
tea sticks I ski for free Tea 3 27-08-2005 07:58 AM
tea sticks I ski for free Tea 0 24-08-2005 08:18 PM